EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default button for multiple instantaneous spells

Is there any reason why you can't have multiple instantaneous spells fire off with a single onpress statement? I tried doing it like this:

Code:
OnPress="target_none target_group_member 1 useability Radiance useability Salvation"
both abilities are instantaneous, but only the first one fires. Is the problem the way the engine works, or the way I've written it?

Thanks,

Scyllel
Unread 09-05-2007, 11:44 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Do those commands work in a regular game macro? If they do you should be able to put them into a single button.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

You might want to separate them by line as well, ie:

Code:
OnPress="target_none 
target_group_member 1 
useability Radiance 
useability Salvation"
Unread 09-06-2007, 11:00 PM
A Brown Bear

Thanks for the replies. It looks like I can't even make a macro in game that will do this. The first one fires and thats it. I guess Sony and I have an entirely different idea of the definition of Instantaneous.

If I can figure out how to get multiple commands in a single onpress statement, I might see if I can tweak it by inserting some other quick emote or something in there to separate them.

Maybe there is only certain commands that can be combined in the same statement. Targeting works with abilities, but I don't know if you can pair multiple abilities in a statement at all.

Anybody know?

Scyllel
Unread 09-06-2007, 11:22 PM
A Griffon

You should be able to put two spells into a macro since the second one should just queue. I'm not 100% sure about script buttons though. They can take some testing.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-10-2007, 11:04 PM
A Brown Bear

It seems that certain spells aren't allowed in macros, but the ones I'm working with are.

If I use /target_self to target and don't put a target in the target window of the spell macro line, the macro stops. If I put my character's name in the window next to the spell icon, where it says "target:" it works.

Now I just have to figure out how to translate that information into the UIbuilder.
Unread 09-11-2007, 12:41 AM
A Griffon

What do you mean by "the macro stops?" If you put a name into the macro window I think it's pretty much the same as the /useabilityonplayer command.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Literally, it just doesn't seem to progress; its as if I tried to cast a targeted spell with no target. I push the macro button and nothing happens.

macro looks like this:

/target_self
spell:"Radiance" (has a casting time of instant) Primary [x] Target {blank}
/target_self
spell:"Salvation" Primary [ ] Target {blank}
/target_previous

Radiance fires off on self, but nothing queues up, nothing else fires. I think there is some time that must pass between casts, even if the first spell is "instant". I need to figure out how to insert a pause.
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:39 PM
A Griffon

There isn't any pause command in the macro system. Does the macro work if it's just the two spells?

The reason I ask is that the /target_self command can be a little tricky.

What window are you putting this button into? If you describe exactly what you want to do it's easier to figure out the problem.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
A Brown Bear

I've been playing with macros most of the evening, and I can't get any two spells to fire in a single macro. The first spell will fire, but the second is ignored; no matter the order.

In a nutshell, that is what I want to do. I want to create a button to fire off two very fast spells with one click. Specifically Radiance, and Salvation. Radiance is an instantaneous reactive heal and Salvation is a cheat death and heal spell. Both are useful really only in that last nano second before a character dies, or gets saved if you are lucky and/or fast enough. If radiance works, the character lives, if it fails, Salvation should prevent the death and heal a good amount. The useful window for them both is quite small, so I wanted to combine them into a single button attached to the groupmember window.

It seems macros are limited to one spell. I get a similar result if I put the commands into an onpress statement for a button. I suspect maybe the limitation is the same.
Unread 09-17-2007, 11:39 PM
A Griffon

Start with the simplest thing you can and work your way from there. Did you try just the two spells in a macro and nothing else? I use two spells in macros all the time.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:00 PM
A Brown Bear

Good call. Taking everything else out of the macro let the spells fire off. Now I'm back to the drawing board with my new knowledge. The project is polishing up though. (not sure I like it, but it is starting to look like and do what I intended)
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:05 PM
A Griffon

Ok, so that solves that problem. What window are you planning on putting this button in? If you want to put it in the player window it will target you automatically when you click anywhere in the window, with one complication. I wrote an explanation when I was making a player window for someone here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8066

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 09-20-2007 at 10:17 PM.