Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-20-2006, 08:14 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test
Unhappy Set Message

Hi,

Ok here goes, let me see if I can explain this correctly. I am using Nyarlathotep UI, and there is no update and no reply to my private message I have sent her/him. The problem is with the new guild recruitment xmls. When I go in and select details/set message a window comes up in which I can type the message I want anyone to see that is looking for guild info or to possible join our guild. However there is no "ok" button to save what I have typed and no way to close the window other than hitting the esc key, which closes (cancels) the window and everthing I may type in it. I have searched and searched through all the xml's I thought might be the ones called up, but to no avail. My question is.. can anyone tell me which xml is used so I can fix this.

Thanks in advance
Turzen
Unread 04-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

The file you are looking for is eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml
Unread 04-20-2006, 10:51 AM
A Griffon

Default Set Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
The file you are looking for is eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml
No that is not it. I've copied the default one to the folder I am using as my UI.

When you press details.. a window comes up that allows you to take a pic of yourself and also has an option to set a message. when you press set message another window popsup that allows you to type txt into it and that is the one I'm talking about. I can't save what I've typed into it. I have no buttons or anything to even close that window.

Last edited by Eshaac : 04-20-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Unread 04-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

If you have copied over the eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml from default then you should /bug it, because that is where it's at. All the new Recruiting code starts around line 490ish.
Unread 04-20-2006, 04:57 PM
A Griffon

Default Set Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
If you have copied over the eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml from default then you should /bug it, because that is where it's at. All the new Recruiting code starts around line 490ish.
Well, all I know is every window that has anything to do with the guild is of the default styling.. ie..window colors, style and shape all are of the default guild window. Except for that one window that popsup when I press "Set Message". That little popup is in the same style as the rest of Nyarlathotep's UI. All other guild windows are in the default style.
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:06 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Don't copy over default windows, delete the file from your custom folder.

No file in custom = use default window.

Then you don't have to worry about updating the default file again later.
Unread 04-22-2006, 04:55 AM
A Griffon

Default Set Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus
Don't copy over default windows, delete the file from your custom folder.

No file in custom = use default window.

Then you don't have to worry about updating the default file again later.
Thanks, but that did not work. The Problem is the window that the button "set message" calls up. If you are set as a recruiter then press the "Set Message" button and see what window it calls up.
Unread 04-22-2006, 06:01 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Virtually all popup dialog boxes (with or without text entry) are controled by eq2ui_hud_choice.xml. Not possitive, but prety sure the recruting message entry window uses this, as does the Guild MOTD message.
Unread 04-22-2006, 08:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

I may be taking the uber-dumb approach here, but have you just pressed enter with the cursor in the text entry field? Some of the windows use that to save your typing. Then you close the window and it's all done.

I know that's how the guild notes work. I cannot count the number of times I've accidentally lost guild notes for just not pressing enter when I was done typing and then clicking on another tab of the window.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 04-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Maybe you are talking about something other then what I am thinking so here is a screen shot of the guild recruiting screen in the UIBUilder, with the description edit box's ready to be edited.
Unread 04-25-2006, 05:51 AM
A Griffon

Talking Set Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Virtually all popup dialog boxes (with or without text entry) are controled by eq2ui_hud_choice.xml. Not possitive, but prety sure the recruting message entry window uses this, as does the Guild MOTD message.
That is the one I needed. I looked at all them files lol except that one. The word "choice" in it made me think it had nothing to do with entering txt. Thanks Zonx.

And also yep I did press enter and all it did was move curser down as to start new paragraph... I had no x in upper right corner to close the window. Actually there was no way to close window once it was opened except to press the esc key. Could not resize or anything. Lol a regular nightmare.

And Lan the last window showing on that screenshot you have in uibuilder there is a small button on bottom says details.. push it and another window opens and has a few other buttons on it.. one saying "Set Message" Push it and you will see the window I was talking about.

Thanks all for your input and help. And thanks Zonx for heading me to the correct xml file