EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Boneflail

Have you guys considered what this means? If they are giving away beta entries with only 2 weeks left in october, what's the chances of a release in November? UPS takes a week to deliver beta materials, so earliest you are looking at the 22nd. There are approimately 12 weeks left in the YEAR and yet sony hasn't picked a release date. They've said "we expect november", but if that were the case, you'd expect two things right now: beta testing would be wrapping up and they would give us a firm date. I mean come on, we aren't asking for them to go out on a limb. If they were ready to release in november (2 weeks from now) you can't tell me they wouldn't announce it. If they were thinkign in 4 weeks, you'd think they would announce it... actually, I would expect a release date if they were within 2 months. Right now, I think they are probably not going to release this year and miss the only "date" they gave (which was "sometime in 2004.") With WoW coming out in November and EQ2 likely missing the christmas rush and falling into post-christmas debt-repayment perior for many families, EQ2 is going to miss the boat.

Sure, I'd like to be in the beta -- doesn't everybody? It's the only EQ2 anybody will be playing this year if I'm reading the tealeaves correctly.