EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 01-20-2024, 04:18 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Default Vaashkaani dungeon maps

To anyone interested in building maps for these dungeons, here's some information I've gathered that may be useful. There are currently four dungeons in the Vaashkaani set that do not have maps: Argent Sanctuary, Golden Rule, Alcazar Crescendo, and Chromatic Chamber. These four dungeons have overlapping geometry, so it may be easier to build them as one giant map, and then split them out as necessary.

Argent Sanctuary is the first dungeon players encounter. Golden Rule is the second. These two dungeons share their first room entirely, and most of Golden Rule is actually the second floor (same floor plan) as Argent Sanctuary. While they do have some unique rooms, these two dungeons are at least 60% similar.

The final section of Golden Rule happens to be the first section of Alcazar Crescendo, creating some more overlap. Alcazar Crescendo then has two more unique sections (where bosses #2 and #3 are found).

Chromatic Chamber has only one room, and that room happens to be the same as the final room from Alcazar Crescendo. Chromatic Chamber therefore has no unique geometry, and could reuse portions of Alcazar Crescendo wholesale.
Unread 04-07-2024, 03:29 PM
A Griffon

I've finished collecting all of the data for the remaining Vaashkaani dungeons: Argent Sanctuary, Golden Rule, and Alcazar Crescendo. I'm debating whether I should divide these maps based on zone lines, or based on elevation. In story, they are different sections of the same larger building, so either would be a valid option. Dividing on zone lines will make the solo and heroic maps easier to follow (only one map each). On the other hand, dividing on elevation might reinforce that this is one location, and it might make navigating the raid zone (not yet in game) easier, as raid zones often slice up the map differently.

Here's a rough mock-up of what the zones would look like if they were split on zone lines. Note that Alcazar Crescendo is missing a room, because I will just re-use the artwork from Chromatic Chamber.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	exp20_dun_djinn_palace_argent_sanctuary.png
Views:	63
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	9777  Click image for larger version

Name:	exp20_dun_djinn_palace_golden_rule.png
Views:	54
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	9778  Click image for larger version

Name:	exp20_dun_djinn_palace_alcazar_crescendo.png
Views:	49
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	9779  
Unread 04-07-2024, 03:39 PM
A Griffon

Here's a mock-up of what the maps would look like if I split them based on elevation. With this variation, Argent Sanctuary would be a single map. Golden Rule would be three maps. Alcazar Crescendo would be two maps. Edit: I forgot that Crescendo needs two maps in both variations, since I'm reusing the Chromatic Chamber art.

I'd appreciate any feedback people have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	exp20_dun_djinn_palace_level_1.png
Views:	56
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	9780  Click image for larger version

Name:	exp20_dun_djinn_palace_level_2.png
Views:	46
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	9781  Click image for larger version

Name:	exp20_dun_djinn_palace_level_3.png
Views:	57
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	9782  

Last edited by benjcallaghan : 04-07-2024 at 11:17 PM.
Unread 04-10-2024, 10:51 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

This is not easy, as long it don't get crowded with icons you can choose the type you prefer. As i have never been there its hard for me to tell.
Unread 04-19-2024, 08:57 PM
A Griffon

I've gotten a peek inside the Vaashkaani raid zone, and it has a new room immediately off the entrance It also has a unique teleporter system that I'll have to navigate further. It will be quite some time before I'm able to clear the raid zone, but I'm still hoping I can finish the map for the heroics.