EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 10-12-2005, 04:50 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Neriak
Default Loss of connectivity and dump to Char Select Screen

Hi guys, I have been using Eq2MAP for a loong while and never had any troubles with it. I am using the latest (1.06) version , the autoupdate one on my PC. After DoF I began experimenting some weird issues in heavily POI infested areas, Antonica and the Commons, whereas I was walking thru zone and after a while, I would go into a weird state where I could see everybody talking in ooc/guild/tells but I was frozen, couple seconds later I would get dumped to Char Select Screen. If I tried to relog all of my chat windows would have the same chat on them, no refresh, and would get kicked back again to char screen. I tried everything, at first I thought it was my isp, cuz my friend and I using the same ISP had the same symptoms. After a loooong week of trying to figure out things, we discovered it was not the isp, it was not the UI either... It was EQ2Map. My friend and me go into a semi ld state on these areas, and last time I was stuck on Zek too. We tried to remove everything from our custom UI folders and left Eq2Map only in there with the eq2_mainhud_map.xml . That crashes us every time in these Zones when we begin walking thru them. So, anyone can help us here? I can play now normally with my custom UI as long as I dont have EQ2Map loaded (I just delete the aforementioned .xml)
Also neither my friend or me have a eq2ui.xml so as to use http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3689 fix, my friend only uses a journal mod and eq2map and me some background .dds, old fonts, target/hotbuttons/buff/bag/inventory misc mods. None of these mods use or alter the eq2ui.xml . So this is pretty much my problem at the moment, I would love to keep using Eq2Map, but it crashes me on certain zones

Last edited by bachaco : 10-12-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Unread 10-12-2005, 06:38 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

have you tried deleting your custom ui folder and eq2.ini file and then re-running the updater? if the conflict if being cause by a ui then there is probably just something you have left over from something else that is causing a conflict.