EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 11-19-2004, 05:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Group Window

Sorry if this is a noob question, but here goes.

Where does the group window get its information from?
I'm trying to move my group member information over to the player window (all health/power bars and LFG/Player search buttons). I've copied my player stats (from eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml) to the player window, and they are working just fine. I have copied the code from eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml into my eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml. I can see some of the icons but the group members information is not showing up, and the icons are not actually functional. Is there a template for the groupmember window somewhere that I have missed?

If you entirely delete eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml the group window still shows up regardless.

Edit : managed to sort part of the problem out, the items are just not showing through the window correctly and the buttons still don't work. Getting closer heh.

Last edited by Garrath : 11-19-2004 at 08:42 PM.
Unread 11-19-2004, 07:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Here's a quick shot of what Ive done so far. I want to have group members names, health and power list in the blank area with the lfg/shearch buttons at the very bottom.

Unread 11-20-2004, 02:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I ditched the idea of using the player window to mod, and worked on the group window instead. Needless to say, it was far more friendly to work with. After a few hours of tinkering, I came up with the following:

I will be happy to email the mod to anyone if they want to play around with it (or use it).
Unread 11-20-2004, 02:10 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Possible that some items in the group window are hard coded to that window only.

good work so far. keep it up.
Unread 01-25-2005, 01:53 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Question

Garrath,
I have been trying to get the stats in the player window a bit like the one you were working on to start with but with the stats listed side by side and below the conc bar , But having problems with the WC sizes I have resized them all but only once did I manage to get just the top half of one of the stats to show, so they must be working just not visable do you still have the file for that 1st one? that I could take a look at myself to try and work out what I am doing wrong thanks .....

Failing that could anyone please take a look at this attached file and tell me whats wrong please I have looked on here but havent found an answer as yet but also its hard to look for somthing when you dont know what your looking for... I have messed with the sizes and stuff but it dont seem to make much difference so that makes me think do I even have the page info correct?

Thanks for any help given guys.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml (5.6 KB, 378 views)
Unread 01-25-2005, 03:29 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
<Page ActionType="Player" Description="Current player action menu" DynamicData="/GameData.Actions.Player" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Name="Player" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,0001/0001" RStyleDefault="/rectlist.chat_bubble_frame" ScrollExtent="147,54" Size="147,54" UserMovable="true">
You have to change the size of the window in addition to the size of the frame...
Unread 01-25-2005, 05:16 PM
A Griffon

Ah oks I thought I had done, but must not have done it right lol
I resized them by dragging the window frame on the preview type window on the right of the UI builder then looking at the sizes in the code, maybe thats where I went wrong. still find Jcreator easier to use than the UI builder likes but maybe I am just a bit to "old school" lol

I will replace my line of code with yours and see what happens

hopefully I will be able to get this working on my own now lol, Its not much of a mod but a good place to start as any I figured.

Thank you for your help and speedy response its appriciated.

*edit* Lol It didnt work then it dawned on me that you had just pointed out the line of code needing to be changed, and not posted the changed version dur! oks try again lol

Last edited by Laffs : 01-25-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Unread 01-27-2005, 12:43 PM
A Griffon

Question

Oks been experimenting again and got what I was playing with to work in the end BUT what I am confused about is this..

Player (page) size 350,51
BackgoundFrame size 350,51
WC_Frame size 351,52
WC_Backdrop size 353,52

Thats the sizes I got but I have noticed on other window's some sizes are the same but others are like +,-7 , +,-3 of each other, so I guess the background dont bleed over the frame?

So should Player (page for example) , be the same size as the BackgroundFrame (page) or the WC_Frame (page) and should the WC_Backdrop (page be bigger or smaller?) and if so by how much what is the general rule of thumb.

Also am I right in thinking that the WC_Frame page should contain the location etc of the outside frame border , and WC_Backdrop should contain the location etc of the background image/pattern ?

Sorry I have looked but dont seem to be able to find this info, maybe if I can grasp what the general rule is I will be able to make some more progress lol

Thanks for your patience with me guys
Unread 01-27-2005, 08:18 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

That depends entirely on the RStyleDefault of WC_Frame and whether there's a titlebar. Different styles for the frame require different sizes and locations in relation to the window, and the backdrop needs to fit the interior of the frame.
Unread 01-28-2005, 12:58 PM
A Griffon

Got it thanks.... Its all pretty clear when you you know lol
I found I had "snap to grid" on that was messing things up or rather adding to the confusion I was having... got a grafix question but again will look and ask in the proper section if need be.

Thanks for your help again.