Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Closed Thread
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default Easily done

Yes, similarly, if you use a combat art you aren't toggling autoattack. the autoattack indicator is linked to this data. The timer bar would display when auto or ranged attack is on and not be visible when it isn't on (and possibly still finish it's current timer for my sake =P )
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:30 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

gm9, I hope ya find a persuasion to give your mod a graphic progression visualization.

Those fellas, whose names shouldn't be repeated, on eq2flames are the absolute, extreme opposite of eq2interface.com
Unread 11-08-2008, 12:46 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Ok looking through the game data there is the autoattack and ranged auto attack, so at the end of the progress bar, is it possible to check which is active, and switch the visible bar based on that?
Unread 11-08-2008, 04:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
Heh, that's a lively thread going on there in EQ2Flames. Glad I'm not a part of it.

The idea of selling it for $50 kinda makes me feel ill though. I can't say I'm even feeling congratulatory even if it does what he says it does without the drawbacks that should be there.
I have a feeling the $50 was more tongue in cheek than anything. They're elitists and like proving it to everyone else.
Unread 11-08-2008, 09:23 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reins View Post
Ok looking through the game data there is the autoattack and ranged auto attack, so at the end of the progress bar, is it possible to check which is active, and switch the visible bar based on that?
Yes, that is the idea. Also, you would have to add a command line to your weapon macros to switch from single weapon to dual weapons and it would then show 2 progress bars
Unread 11-08-2008, 02:21 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

If the scripting allowed in the events are advanced enough, you could have it check at the start of the timer to see if two weapons were equiped, and if so display the dual wield variant. However since in most cases these days, most dual wield weapons have the same delay (4.0), it isn't as crucial.
Unread 11-09-2008, 08:04 AM
A Griffon

Default Dw?

Quote:
If the scripting allowed in the events are advanced enough, you could have it check at the start of the timer to see if two weapons were equiped, and if so display the dual wield variant. However since in most cases these days, most dual wield weapons have the same delay (4.0), it isn't as crucial.
There aren't dual wield anymore. You can use any 2 sec and any 5 sec delay weapons or anywhere in between as long as thew ar 1h weapons.
Unread 11-09-2008, 10:57 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

yeah i know there aren't any dual wield weapons any more What i meant is that almost all weapons have a 4.0 delay in RoK, so having two bars is pretty much unnecessary anymore. There are rare cases where you'd have two weapons that don't match up though.
Unread 11-09-2008, 01:07 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

Well I don't think that would be a problem with duel wield because we have the dynamic data for primary/secondary attack delay. I wouldn't mind two bars and a single bar (for those who dont duel wield). The bars wouldn't be unnecessary because the times secondary/primary attack will still be different, the primary will always hit first, followed by the secondary.

I haven't taken a look at the code, but isn't there some way to automate the use of Recovery, Casting, and Reuse instead of having to manually input them? I mean logically I would think that it should apply when you enter autoattack, but how would you set that? IDK just thinking. I for sure would rather have it automated than having to put in the codes because there are many aa's, items, spells, and combat arts that modify haste, casting speed, attack speed, and reuse speed when used during combat.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-09-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Unread 11-09-2008, 02:05 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
yeah i know there aren't any dual wield weapons any more What i meant is that almost all weapons have a 4.0 delay in RoK, so having two bars is pretty much unnecessary anymore. There are rare cases where you'd have two weapons that don't match up though.
I don't know about "most" but my Dirge mythical is a 3.5 delay and I know I have seen others with the delay below 3.5.

A fact to keep in mind is that, when dual wielding, delays are increased by 33%.

EDIT : grr. *I have seen others with the delay below 4 seconds.

Last edited by SkyBeeX : 11-09-2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: clarification
Unread 11-09-2008, 02:21 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBeeX View Post
I don't know about "most" but my Dirge mythical is a 3.5 delay and I know I have seen others with the delay below 3.5.

A fact to keep in mind is that, when dual wielding, delays are increased by 33%.

EDIT : grr. *I have seen others with the delay below 4 seconds.
bard mythicals are being changed to 4.0 delay, as well as all the other 3.5 weapons. The non uniform delay weapons are sparse, and generally not that great of weapons anyway

But back on topic, keep brainstorming about how to get this to work
Unread 11-09-2008, 02:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
The weapons will swing together... if they have the same delay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
The bars wouldn't be unnecessary because the times secondary/primary attack will still be different, the primary will always hit first, followed by the secondary.
There appears to be a contradiction here, but maybe I misunderstand.

Quote:
I haven't taken a look at the code, but isn't there some way to automate the use of Recovery, Casting, and Reuse instead of having to manually input them?
The problem is that the dynamic data comprises the % sign. As I mentioned somewhere towards the beginning of this thread you could do a string comparison to automate it.
Unread 11-09-2008, 02:35 PM
A Griffon

Well, what I was referring to wasn't T8 raid gear. Some of us have T3 and T4 scouts using mastercrafted weapons ranging from 3-5 delay =P Yeah, the dualwield bar would probably be able to be automated, although, I am unsure as to what the secondary delay looks like when there isn't a second weapon equipped. I'm sure it could be set to only show second weapon when that value isn't default. Everyone should be petitioning to remove the % symbol from those 2 dynamicdatas =) That is why we can't (easily) automate them. I am wondering though, as to how much of a performance impact would this really have?
Unread 11-09-2008, 02:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
There appears to be a contradiction here, but maybe I misunderstand.
He is referring to having weapons of different delay
Unread 11-09-2008, 02:40 PM
A man among men

Quote:
He is referring to having weapons of different delay
Yes 1234
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:34 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Sorry, forgot about the ESC button. I reuploaded a fixed file in my post above.

Btw do you know the range of the percentage numbers for Cast and Recovery? In principle these values can still be updated automatically by doing a string comparison of the style: if ("100%" == "100%"){value=100}; if ("101% == ... - you get the idea. However, if the range is something like 50% to 300% then you'd have to run 250 string comparisons each time you update it, not sure if you want to waste so many operations just for that. Let me know.
Found it gm9. I personally would like to have 250 string comparisons because manually changing stuff becomes very tedious especially in groups and raids. I also believe that it would only cap at 100.

I'm not sure how it would effect the performance, but I have a mod that has over 120 pages of hotbar reuse information and around 730 lines of .xml dedicated to update every time a spell or CA is used on the hotbar (but is all released through DD). My point is that I see little to no performance problems with all the dynamic data/pages/lines.

A visual representation of what I mean in my mod (and the huge amount of info):

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-09-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Unread 11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
A visual representation of what I mean:
Um... what?
Unread 11-09-2008, 08:49 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Um... what?
Earlier in the thread gm9 was talking about automating the spell reuse/recovery/casting. He said that in order to do that, he would have to have many string comparisons, which might compromise performance. I talked about one of my mods saying that it has many pages/lines/data and that it didn't impact the performance that much, so I'm thinking that it would be the same for his mod. The visual representation was to show that there are many pages as well as other things inside of them (visually explaining what I was talking about).

It was kind of a bad example because the image itself as well as my mod had nothing to with this mod, except for the performance issue, which is what I was trying to get across...but still...best example I could conjure.

Pretty much what I was saying is that my mod had a heavy amount of info and I feel little performance impact from it and if he did implement automation, I would compromise some performance for it...but I don't think performance will take a huge hit because of my mod not taking it. But it might just be my PC or the amount of code involved in my mod.

Lol sorry for the confusion

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-09-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Unread 11-10-2008, 03:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Heh if it makes you feel better I understood you the first time.

I have run into performance (or rather timing) issues with string comparisons in the past but whatever the cause was (would have to be UI mechanics) I do not think it is a problem anymore, so I agree with you.
Unread 11-10-2008, 07:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Why am I not seeing the window after using the /show_window Custom.ProfitUI_AutoAttackTimer command? Downloaded the new UI yesterday, but when I use tthe command, nothing happenes
Unread 11-10-2008, 07:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

There is a button in the Control Center for the calculator window. The timer bars do not exist yet on this site, we are discussing here how to implement them.
Unread 11-10-2008, 09:48 AM
A man among men

Quote:
There is a button in the Control Center for the calculator window. The timer bars do not exist yet on this site, we are discussing here how to implement them.
Hmm. How would you do that when the progress uses a decimal instead of a percentage? Integer converting? (I still don't fully understand it lol) Well have to set something up. I'm thinking that you would have to also use a good amount of automation for this as well.

I can tell right now that this is going to be a mission...
Unread 11-10-2008, 09:50 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Me thinks a request to get this as dynamic data would be more constructive, unless they've stated that it won't happen?
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:35 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

DynamicData would certainly be the easiest. I have not talked to any dev about this and am not aware of any dev statements in this respect. Someone go ask them.

Without DD the code basically becomes a huge mess for it's size. You would have to do the math in the UI drago after converting the input string into a number (same style as subclass detection).
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:55 AM
A man among men

Quote:
*Snip* ...math in the UI drago after converting the input string into a number...*Snip*.
I knew it involved math! When I'm out of school/work I try to steer clear of any mathematical situation. I despise it. But in this case I will look more into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Me thinks a request to get this as dynamic data would be more constructive, unless they've stated that it won't happen?
Quote:
DynamicData would certainly be the easiest. I have not talked to any dev about this and am not aware of any dev statements in this respect. Someone go ask them.

Without DD the code basically becomes a huge mess for it's size. *Snip*
So what all Dynamic Data are we asking for?

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-10-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Closed Thread