EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-29-2009, 11:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Help with getting UI's to work with Vista please.

I follow the instructions to install a UI on the link here and it loads works good with a few exceptions (I lose all my maps and once I relog I lose the UI)

Now I assume it has somthing to do with the security features maybe on vista However I dont really know how to set those correctly to get it to work correctly so I dont have to deal with no maps when I want to use it.

Can someone tell me how they got theres to work with vista and what they did?
Its just a UI piece that shows mobs health in percent for verdict so I dont have to mouse over the npc's name why its not in the default UI is beyond me.

the UI piece im using is drums UI targeting window it has 2 files in it. I made a new file named it and put both files into it and it loads fine However I lose all my maps and all my spell hotkeys and once I relog I get my maps back but lose the UI piece. (note im also using the auto map updater from here as well) I must be doing somthing right or it wouldnt load at all Am I missing a step or somthing?

thanks for the help.

Last edited by mrdrunk : 01-29-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: adding more information
Unread 01-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

If the UI piece is working but you're losing EQ2MAP, you're probably not installing it correctly. Install the UI piece (including creating/editing the eq2.ini file) and then run the EQ2MAP autoupdater. It sounds like you have eq2map separate from the UI piece, and you're not editing eq2.ini and using just using /loadui instead (which only lasts until you log out).
Unread 01-29-2009, 07:02 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

put the DrumsUI files into your UI\EQ2MAP folder
Unread 01-29-2009, 07:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

ok I will try that thanks alot for the help.