Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 11-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Default Todays Update 200611-14

200611-14ThorUI GU29/EoF Compatible Updates are now LIVE

I've pushed the updates so you should be good to go when the servers come back up.

Note: Not all features are updated. For example the 2 other target features have not been updated nor has the reversed mainchat window. (Please use one of the other features for the time being)

NOTE: I am seriously considering no longer supporting the ThorUI. (I just don't have enough time now-a-days)

Please be warned that this may very well be the last update you will receive on the ThorUI AU.

I recommend looking at Profit Reborn, ExtremeUI, or FetishUI as they are all excellent full interface works and their authors are VERY knowledgeable and always there for you.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Say it isn't so! Hopefully you reconsider...but if not...kudos to you for your outstanding UI. It's made EQ2 what it should have been from the beginning.
Unread 11-14-2006, 04:08 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Oh No!!!

This is truely a dark day. Thor UI has become a staple in the game for most of us and will be missed.
Unread 11-14-2006, 04:23 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost

OH Faetyl!
Although I understand your reasoning... time constraints and whatnot, I really hope you do consider this decision carefully!
I for one always used the default UI with just bits of custom items till I found yours and the autoupdater really rocks, saves me a lot of searching for new (neat) additions/updates.
I do realize the work involved in doing something like this and you have devoted so much time to all of us (non-modders) I am going to be selfish here and say I hope you are going to at least complete the update in total, as it is now, even if you don't update anymore after this. I am going to be gracious and say too that no matter where your future travels will lead that you find fun and fullfilment as you have given MANY over the years!

for you Faetyl a salute...

Lexi
Unread 11-14-2006, 09:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow Faetyl. I completely understand, but I have to say your work will be sorely missed. I've used ThorUI exclusively for well over a year, and it is head and shoulders above the rest. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into it.

/salute
Unread 11-14-2006, 09:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I too hope you reconsider as I really like your UI.
Unread 11-14-2006, 11:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy Dark Day for EQ2

I too echo these opinions, I have been playing pretty much since launch, and I have had Thorui since it came out and honestly, NONE of the other UIs come CLOSE to thorui, the look, the useful utilities, you have a HUGE following of fans Faetyl and I am one of them. It truly is a dark day for EQ2 if you leave us

I hope things become better for you time wise, and I understand, but I do hope something happens (good of course) that allows you to stay with us
Unread 11-15-2006, 02:22 AM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Wow! Please please please dont stop making this fantastic UI that i could never ever ever play without. Dosnt matter what other UI i look into, yours is the best of the best, if i could i would make you president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the most awesome work! And please, i really hope you will reconsider!

This dosnt come from me alone, but from everyone in my guild that uses your UI, and thats about 20 people....
Unread 11-15-2006, 03:44 AM
A Coastal Crab

ive never posted here before, as well, ive never had a call to. This event warrants a /cheer for your time and effort, faetyl.

i was shown screenshots of your interface and i have used it exclusively since that day, which was quite a while ago. my guild im in, who have all ran it as a staple ui for months and months will miss this tool on heritage runs or access quests or simply researching new spell upgrades as we level.

your UI has all the bells and whistles and i loved its simple slimline stuff that altered default with class and style.

i will miss the startbutton.

please dont leave thinking your work was unappreciated - im sure there are more people using your setup than you might think, nonetheless i wish you all the best for your future endeavours. thanks again, Nummer.
Unread 11-15-2006, 06:44 AM
A Coastal Crab

my first post too, and its simply to say your UI certainly does rock, ive been using it for some time and its been a great experience. like all those posters above me i thankyou for the time and effort uve put in to making the eq2 gaming experience that much better and truely do hope ure able to find the time to continue developing THOR.

RunnyEye
Unread 11-15-2006, 10:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye

On one hand I definitely understand you, on the other hand I want to beg you not to stop working on this wonderful UI.

I have tried and looked at the others, many are fine, but none as close to what I want as Thorui.

So in case this is my last chance to say it, you have made a fantastic piece of work. Thank you!

I understand your reasoning, but I will still hope you can continue. Perhaps still update it, but us 'customers' must realise things can be slower or delayed? Not sure if that is something you would want actually, but it's a suggestion. Sometimes it's better to stop than to do it halfway.

Thank you again

Edit:spelling

Last edited by Liljna : 11-15-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Unread 11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Befallen
Unhappy Please dont go

I have enjoyed using your UI and find it a cut above the rest. I cant imagine playing without it. However I understand that u gotta do what ya gotta do. Thank you for such a great playing experience and I hope u will truly reconsider discontinuing your great work. There are many of us I am sure who will be lost without your hard work in this UI. So if u do decide to leave i would like to express my thanks and appreciation and best wishes in your future endeavors. Thank You from the bottom of my heart.
Unread 11-16-2006, 09:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy

Its a sad day indeed, ThorUI is Everquest 2 for me. I just switched back to the normal interface and its horrid lol.

Anyhow thanks for all the updates in the past, its a great shame you are dropping this mod but understandable.

All the best!