EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 06-14-2006, 11:47 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore
Default Experience % displaying wrong?

I checked several posts and didn't see any on this topic, so I apoligize if I missed it. I have the 4 full experience bars (combat, aa, tradeskils, guild) displayed and under each one it has the % of experience in. I am noticing (specifically in guild exp) that the digits dont seem accurate.

For instance, it displayed 99.9% for guild experience, yet when I turned in a status item it went to 99.0%. Is this a known problem?

Also, it seems as if there is supposed to be 2 digits after the decimal place; but only 1 shows. Sometimes it looks as if these 2 digits are on top of each other. I think this is what may be contributing to percentage being off. If needed I can take a screenshot next time.

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Thanks,

Prodigus
Unread 06-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Yes, to the best of my knowledge the issue is occuring with all XP mods that add the 10th percentage.

Basic rule till the dynamic data gets worked out would be not to use the tenth percentage for anything other than a visual of how much XP you get (if less than 1% per kill/combine/writ) if you get anything more than 1.1% it not accurate.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 06-15-2006, 04:09 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Yes, to the best of my knowledge the issue is occuring with all XP mods that add the 10th percentage.

Basic rule till the dynamic data gets worked out would be not to use the tenth percentage for anything other than a visual of how much XP you get (if less than 1% per kill/combine/writ) if you get anything more than 1.1% it not accurate.
Ok thanks for the explanation. Thought maybe I've been staring at the screen too long.

Unread 06-16-2006, 01:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

same problem here

since lu24 adv exp is jumping back, for instance xp shows 67,8% and with next kill its back at 67,0% again. Even when xp is near levelup it counts to 100,8 % and with next kill DING levelup !

Never had this problem before, its present since last update LU24.

Its definately a bug, hope it will be fixed soon.

Have fun !

PS: I run Win 2000, not XP
Unread 06-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

I "think" dynamic data have been altered slightly from SOE.

It used to only affect the Guild XP but now it seems to migrated over to Adventure and Tradeskill XP as well.

FYI
The tenths percentage basically works by cutting off the leading digit.
for example 10 would show up as .0
It looks like SOE doesn't count 10 as another percentage if that makes any sense...

To better explain...
you get the idea...
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 06-16-2006, 06:50 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Faetyl, its a rounding error on SOE's end. The whole number we derive from the major progress bar is now being rounded while the minor bar isn't. So we get the following glitches...

78.9 = 79.9
79.1 = 79.1

I've spoken to someone at SOE about this.
Unread 06-17-2006, 12:00 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

here's some more info............

25,2% adv xp, kill plus 0,5% xp
25,7% +0,5%
26,7%
26,2%
27,7%

and so on................
Unread 06-17-2006, 09:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Actually we can now display XP with two digits.

Check it out exclusively in the latest version of ProfitUI.
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:08 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Maybe instead of advertising in all the threads on this topic, you might explain a bit more so other modders don't have to reinvent the wheel or go through a buncha hassle downloading, installing, and disecting your mod just to figure out what SOE fianlly did to fix it?

Especially since your mod can't be downloaded atm
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hey, sorry for that bit of advertising, but your aggression is uncalled for...

It's pretty straightforward, just don't cut the display of ...ExperienceBubble and display all of it.

EDIT to add: And yes, I tested this, killed 20 mobs that gave .01% each and it counted the two digits correctly upwards each time. Tradeskill and GuildXP as well. Achievement XP will display something now, but incorrectly like this: 23.30, 24.40, 31.10.

Last edited by gm9 : 06-17-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:24 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

lol, I was ribbing you... thus the face.

Oh if they tweaked the AA xp, it was likely due to a convo I had with a dev at SOE yesterday. Probably hotfixed all the XP bars on the server side after I pointed out the prob.

Last edited by Zonx : 06-17-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:26 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hehe, I hope you noticed that I set up a temporary download just for you, Zonx.

EDIT: and if you have direct Dev access please get them to fix /GameData.Maintained.Spell_X.Target, I desperately need that.

Last edited by gm9 : 06-17-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:45 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Ok looked at your file in a text reader...

Are you certain the first didget of experience bubble isn't the 1s like its always been in the past?

If its now reporting 10ths and 100th instead of 1s and 10th, that's useful but doesn't account for the rounding ppl reported on experienceCurrent. Some were getting 100.x and without rounding errors, experienceCurrent should never report 100%.

Elaborate on the DD problem, its supposed to report the name of the person that recieved a maintained spell but doesn't? Is it empty? Reporting wrong info?
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, I'm certain, did some testing on all of my toons and it's for sure no longer displaying the 1s. As I said, I slowly incremented all types of XP and it works fine (didn't manage to advance Tradeskill XP by such small steps, but it seemed consistent. Didn't display 1s at least).

I can also confirm that the part in front of the "." is still having the rounding error that it always had, there's no change to that.

The DD was reporting the name of the target until LU24, now it's just empty. The tooltip still contains the target, though. LU24 also introduced this annoying flickering of timed maintained spells as they are apparently shown/hidden instead of just updated.

EDIT: And while we're talking about things that are annoying (and that I /bugged to no avail so far), the autoattackeffector will also trigger if you do rangedautoattack. It's annoying because I'm displaying different graphics for both in ProfitUI and they are both showing if you do ranged.

EDIT2: Sorry for hijacking a thread in this forum btw.

Last edited by gm9 : 06-17-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Unread 06-17-2006, 11:00 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Ah ok cool. I'll have to tweak my stuff for 2 decimals and confirm its working properly. I'm sure having the 100th showing in the 10s place was contributing to the confusion for everyone but SOE still needs to fix that whole number rounding.

I'll have to find someone to test the AA xp. Just need a lvl 70 that isn't max AA to go kill some mobs with my mod and tell me how the numbers change

I'll try to mension that DD problem next time I talk to SOE, though I try not to bug them to much
Unread 06-17-2006, 11:08 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks.

I'm not maxed out so I tested AA with a low alt and loc XP. It actually seems to work like the other XP types worked before LU24, i.e. you can only display a 10th. The Loc XP gave no fractions.

Would be interesting if a lvl70 will get fractions by killing mobs (I tested this on the Test Server with a beta buffed character and this was not the case, but as I painfully found out, data is not consistent between Test and Live (e.g. my market window was fine on test and yet had serious issues on live...)).
Unread 06-17-2006, 11:14 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

So AA bubble is now reporting 1s and 10ths, or is it just reporting 10ths? It used to only report 1s.
Unread 06-17-2006, 11:23 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

it's displaying 1s and 10s, and I am sure that it always did this because I was displaying it in ProfitUI until one or two days ago.
Unread 06-17-2006, 11:28 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

I've had it included in my set since day one. With the 1s trimed off, it only ever has shown 0 in the 10ths. I capped my AAs prior to LU 24 so, although post 70 kills deffinetly give fractional AA xp, it wasn't showing it.
Unread 06-17-2006, 11:34 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

I just did some checking myself, and the "blue bubble" percentage is displaying exactly what it's always displayed. For example, if it displays "57%," it does *NOT* mean .57%, it means 5.7%, just as before. It hasn't been changed at all, and it is *NOT* possible for mods to now display exp gain accurately to hundredths of a percent.

The "gold bubble" percentage, however, is being rounded. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. The guild exp percentage has always been rounded, so the change makes everything more consistent; however, as has been extensively noted already, the change also makes accurate tenth-of-percent displays impossible.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 06-17-2006, 11:37 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Bleh, now I'm gonna have to check it to break the tie
Unread 06-17-2006, 12:01 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Question

Please check. I'm on Runnyeye, hope it's not a fluke on the EU servers only. For me it looks like this:

The top bar shows all XP types, they all have two distinct decimals.

Some more interesting info. It will not display a leading "0", look here for "21.09" (bleh, I'll need to fix my large display ):

and here for "21.10":

I really hope this is not just a fluke on my server...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XP window 2.6.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	4998  Click image for larger version

Name:	XP_09.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	4999  Click image for larger version

Name:	XP_10.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	5000  

Last edited by gm9 : 06-17-2006 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added better screenshot
Unread 06-17-2006, 12:33 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Looking at your image, what I see is

18.5 adv xp, rounding the whole number to 19 with the 85 bubble untrimmed.

38.7 TS XP, rounding the whole number to 39 with the 87 bubble untrimmed.

25.7 GL XP, rounding to 26 with the 57 bubble untrimmed.

To check this is what's happening, do a few TS combines till your decimal ticks up to 96. If the whole number changes to 40, you're a victum of rounding and the bubble is sill showing 1s and 10ths.

Likewise for Adv XP, kill enough things to push your decimal up to 96. My bet is the whole number will change to 20, giving you 20.96, which is really 19.6.
Unread 06-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Hurry up and deside, I'm to lazy and have no time to test :P
Unread 06-17-2006, 12:45 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

None of those screens show a case where the 100ths is less than 5 and the 10th does not match the 1s.

Nor are there any examples of the 100s being over 5 and the 1s being something other than the 10ths number +1.

This strongly indicates
experienceCurrent = rounded whole value.
bubble = 1s and 10ths like its always been.

Show me an example with 4 didgets where the 2nd and 3rd didgets differ by more than 1