EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 12-08-2010, 09:13 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default Broker Windows Modification Help!

I am trying to add some extra saved search drop down boxes to the default broker window. I like the style of the default and I don't like the mods that are already made.

The problem I am having is that whatever drop down box that is second in line will not tie in with any sort of data. I tried everything, I made duplicates in UI builder, manually did it via XML, the works. When I examine the text the only thing the first drop down box even links to is the data for the search itself, I think it needs to link to that advance button features itself. I went to the advance button part of the text and I found nothing even linking that to anything. There is text that seems to make up the advanced search window but the actual code in the button doesn't link to anything.

Basically I want to create multiple drop down boxes for my saved searches that work in default eq2 broker.. any help would make me very happy!

Last edited by Swabs : 12-08-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The client is programmed to find that dropdown and populate it with data. Any additional dropdowns you make will not have that behaviour (unless you make them identical dropdowns, but what would be the point of that?).

Take a look at the various custom broker windows on how to add custom presets if that is what you actually want.
Unread 12-09-2010, 04:12 AM
A Brown Bear

By identical do you mean duplicate? I don't know XML so I tried to duplicate the original drop down box and tinker with the second one. It generates the data for whatever one you put first, always.

Basically I want to make more than one saved search for organization purposes. Each one doesn't have to be customizable from EQ2 directly, I don't mind doing them from XML.

I need something similar to the presets like you have in your profit ui. I have attached the image of what I wanted it to look like.

Any help would be lovely.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-09-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

You may wanna take a look at this sticky mate:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2483

Dropdowns need data to read, and then with that data you need a specific OnSelect property attributed to your dropdown.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:16 PM
A Brown Bear

I already have, I have no XML or general coding experience. Hopefully I will figure it out soon, but I was hoping for a helping hand.
I already have the data part figured out, the onselect command is what I am trying to get solved at the moment.

Finally this ---- to get someone in the mood to help me.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-09-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
Basically I want to make more than one saved search for organization purposes. Each one doesn't have to be customizable from EQ2 directly, I don't mind doing them from XML.

I need something similar to the presets like you have in your profit ui.
Looking at working code and see how it's done is really the best help we can give you. So feel free to take the ProfitUI code, or at least look at it or other windows with similar functionality to help yourself along.

PS: Actually if you want a mostly Default UI like experience better use a non-ProfitUI window with that functionality as a base since my implementation has some quirks due to the way I originally hacked the dual-pane window together and I'm not sure whether you can just plug it into the default UI code. My code also does not allow drag'n'drop on the Japanese server IIRC due to some game client issues but that will probably not affect you I suppose.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-09-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Feel free to take that code, or at least look at it or other windows with similar functionality to help yourself along. Looking at working code and see how it's done is really the best help we can give you.
I already tried...
I will keep trying until I get it. If I have any more specific questions I will let you guys know.

Thanks.
Unread 12-09-2010, 01:27 PM
A Brown Bear

What I am really struggling with is making the OnSelect part of the dropdownbox.

All I need is a duplicate of the original saved searches drop down box that comes with eq2 as default. The original, however, has no data tied with it and as someone mentioned before I think it is because EQ2 program itself fills it in automatically.

If I could somehow get the code for a complete duplicate of the Saved Searches I could easily figure the rest out from there.

I tried to use other code from drumstix and profit, but their code requires more information than is needed. I wouldn't know how to filter that and find the stuff that pertains to me.

P.s. I just read your P.s. after making this post. Ya it is basically as you say. I really don't think my request is all that hard, just hard for me since I haven't done this before.
What I think needs to happen is it somehow needs to link to all the advances searches fields so it knows that it is a search. From my little understanding, I am guessing that onselect would be where it finds those links. That is my guess though.

What I am going to try right now is to try to link the onselect with just the Item name field part, if that shows results then I will go from there.

P.s.s I am thinking that if I can somehow link it to this then I might be getting somewhere

Textbox BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Cursor="/Cursor.Text" DragAccepts="icon" Location="7,18" MaximumSize="16384,30" MinimumSize="30,30" Name="TextItemName" PackSize="fixed,fixed" RStyleActivated="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.selected.rect" RStyleDefault="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.default.rect" RStyleDisabled="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.disabled.rect" RStyleDisabledActivated="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.disabled.rect" RStyleMouseOver="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.mouseover.rect" RStyleMouseOverActivated="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.selected.rect" RStyleMouseOverSelected="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.selected.rect" RStyleSelected="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.selected.rect" ScrollExtent="158,30" Size="158,30" Style="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.style" />

The thing that I find most annoying is that they leave a whole lot of fields blank that would normally be required for us common folk to even function at all.
If their original saved searches drop down box had any sort of information I would be done already.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-09-2010 at 02:13 PM.