EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 10-22-2005, 01:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Explored maps turn black after install EQ2MAP

Eg, stinking sands, MD etc. I've already explored the whole map except those places which is inaccessible. H/w, all these maps turn black after installing EQ2MAP, which I gotta re-explore.

Today I clear all my UI to solve the zone lagging prob and add them back one by one by just copying individual xml files (ie copy eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml from the exsting UI folder to the new one), the maps turn black again as if I nvr explore them.

Anyway to solve this prob instead of re-exploring all these zones again? Thanks.
Unread 10-22-2005, 01:43 AM
A Brown Bear

I also reinstalled eq2 before DoF was released, explored every outdoor map in the expansion and had to do it all over again after reinstalling eq2map
Unread 10-22-2005, 05:17 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

This problem results from having Zone rects in Eq2MAPs that differ from what's in the default map file. Any time the zone rect changes, the server resets the fog layer.

No idea why EQ2Maps wound up with different zone rects since they were available in the default files, but they are different and your fog layer will be reset if you swap from default to eq2maps (or visa-versa) and log in.

The only way to avoid this is to edit the zone rects in whichever map window your switching to, so that it matches the one your switching from. Be aware both EQ2Maps and the default map files will be overwritten if your run their respecive patchers.

Once the fog layer has been reset to black, there's no way to retrieve the previously cleared data.
Unread 10-22-2005, 05:31 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

if i remember correctly the only zones that have different zone rects than sony are the ones that were so hard coded that we didnt have the zonerect for them but i could be wrong...its been a while.
Unread 10-22-2005, 05:43 AM
A Coastal Crab

Appearantly, this is also a problem not only i encountered too...but it affected another account ....My comp A at home changed the files for eq2map...so all turned black ......i used my brother`s account and login using comp A(all black) .....then...

Then my bro login using his Comp B at this school (no changes to comp B`s UI)
He sent me a tell...all his maps resetted to black .......
Unread 10-25-2005, 03:07 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Taco, Zone rects for Sinking Sands, MajDul and Pillars are available in the default map and are different than what's in EQ2maps.

You're right about all the old world zones, but for some reason the new DoF zones were given different rects.
Unread 10-25-2005, 04:09 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Taco, Zone rects for Sinking Sands, MajDul and Pillars are available in the default map and are different than what's in EQ2maps.

You're right about all the old world zones, but for some reason the new DoF zones were given different rects.
I think they updated the zonerects after beta. We added the DoF maps when NDA was lifted in beta and back then the maps wernt even hard coded.
Unread 10-27-2005, 02:57 AM
A Coastal Crab

ok now that u ve found whats wrong can u make an update that fixes this problem? cuz i my self have encountered it as many fellow guildies.
If there is no a solution in the horizon coming any time soon just give us instructions as to how to fix this.
I was quite dissapointed when i dl-ed eq2map cuz when i first pressed "m" my whoLe map was black :P

anyway thx (i believe this project is very helpful to every1 using it)

PS. oh and BTW can u fix eq2map so when "escape" button is pressed map closes as it happens with default map?
Unread 10-27-2005, 03:18 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

is there a way to make it so that all fog layers are not black so that we can see the entire map even if we did not yet go there.?

or maybe a semi transperent color like semi grey green purple or something?