EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 12-08-2004, 05:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Requiem Interface

Hi I am gimik and I'm going to keep it short and simple.

Just tonight I decided to join the bandwagon and maybe design and mod my own UI. I seen some people keep the eq2 "woodsy" look but I wanted to do something a little more techno-ish and dark. Something that would look almost like the dashboard of some frickin mecha or something. I wanted a dark metal tone for the borders and edges and accent it with night-glo type lights and gauges. I have already had some people tell me "oh well that just doesn't go well with the whole eq2 theme"... I know that! But the UI is made to be customized, and I wanted a UI for myself (and my guild was always hoping for..) that was dark with high contrast information modules to make viewing this game for hours on end a pleasent experience, and just a interface that looked really cool.

So this is where my journey starts.

Wish me luck and give me some tips (since I'm quite newb). Critiscism is good too, just don't be too harsh *whimper* .

[note] Also I named the UI "requiem" after my MMO guild. Pretty much taking ideas from them and stuff, so I could do something they'd like. Plus it sorta matches the dark tone of the skin.

First on my attack list: The Compass.

Last edited by gimik : 12-08-2004 at 05:22 AM.
Unread 12-08-2004, 05:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I started to learn how to UI 3 hours ago, and the UI piece that seemed the easiest was the Compass. So keeping with my theme this is what I've come up with.

Sort of that dark metal look and 2 Night Glow lights on the top giving off a small ring of light, as well as the Compass needle/marker which is supposed to be that same type of glowy trip.
Unread 12-08-2004, 06:31 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Compass art looks great, and is a good benchmark for the rest of the theme.
Unread 12-08-2004, 07:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Alrighty by trial and error I got some of the Chat scrollbar, Chat & Hotbar Arrows, and Chat background done. As well as some of the borders for Player Window, Target Window, and MouseOver Target Popup Window.

ALSO IMPORTANT NOTE: I was previously using Deathbane27's QuickArial mod and his Mook HUD (Player, Group, Target) UI mod! SO that is why it looks so good, and I CAN NOT take credit for that. BTW thanks for the comment DB lol. Maybe when and if I finish this UI I can add a note or a link in the readme that suggests your mods lol.

Last edited by gimik : 12-08-2004 at 07:26 AM.
Unread 12-08-2004, 07:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I just noticed a problem with the MouseOver Popup, at the bottom. It seems like it wants to continue running down by placing another layer of the sidebar.. Any suggestions? Should I make the frame size height smaller?
Unread 12-08-2004, 07:47 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

I haven't done any messing with the tooltip/mouseover stuff yet. My advice would be to not worry about it unless it stops wanting to keep going and actually keeps going.

Looking good, I like what you've done with those silly little circles on the window frames there.
Unread 12-08-2004, 07:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yah those things were poop, but I figured since they are there might as well make em look cool lol. I was thinking of taking them out totally, but then the pieces would look kinda too plain. I am very interested to see what kinda of art I am going to come up with for the more detailed parts of menus, like the border tops where it gets all fancy. Thats going to be fun *cringe*.
Unread 12-08-2004, 06:00 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Everfrost
Default Compass

I really like what you've done with the compass the original can be hard to read after a few hours playing and having the lights out. If you can or would could you upload that for pieces I would really like to use it.
Unread 12-08-2004, 07:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye

I think this UI looks fantastic. I know it's still under construction since I didnt see it in the downloads section (even pieces ). Can't wait to see the finished product. I too love the compass, wish you would put that in the Pieces section for download now as I can hardly see the one they gave us..

Last edited by DG-Slider : 12-08-2004 at 07:47 PM.
Unread 12-08-2004, 08:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the comments, I will looking into getting it up for download.
Unread 12-08-2004, 09:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

finish this skin, then have my babies.

ive always wanted a black/blue one and this answered my prayers. hope it comes out well

for all of you ex-AO players (are there any even here?) his skin looks similar to Dovve's. i would like to see something like that, that skin ruled >
Unread 12-09-2004, 08:41 AM
A Berserk Golem

Definately AO's Dovve'sesque in look, very promising indeed and a nice clean feel away from the medieval look, prolly why tablets, vert etc were very popular UI's in EQL.

keep up the good works, like it lots so far
Unread 12-10-2004, 11:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Very Nice, I like the color choice. I am on who prefers the darker colors rather then these bright colors floating around.
Unread 12-11-2004, 07:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Update coming soon, I've been a bit busy to write anything up but the interface is coming along nicely, slowly.. but nicely I've been playing a bit recently trying to catch up with the guildies since I lost a bit of time working and doing the interface.

So yah expect some new stuff soon, take care.

EDIT: also, yes it is very Dooves-ish. I know of the skin, as I too was a long time AOer, from the beginning. I like darker tones, they are much friendly on the eyes for those who spend many hours playing AND of course darker colors are much sexier!

Last edited by gimik : 12-11-2004 at 07:45 AM.