EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 04-19-2006, 09:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Will not install in Everquest Directory

I love this AU. I recently built a new PC and when I went to re-install the ThorUI AU it will not install into my Everquest directory. I have it in the standard location C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\ui but it ends up creating its own ui folder on the root of the C drive and installing all the files there. When it asks me where to install the AU I put it in program files like the instructions recommend. Please help. I want my AU to work again. I have been doing it manually, but that is getting really old.

Thanks,
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:59 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by clulve
I love this AU. I recently built a new PC and when I went to re-install the ThorUI AU it will not install into my Everquest directory. I have it in the standard location C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\ui but it ends up creating its own ui folder on the root of the C drive and installing all the files there. When it asks me where to install the AU I put it in program files like the instructions recommend. Please help. I want my AU to work again. I have been doing it manually, but that is getting really old.

Thanks,
The updater itself should be installed in the Program Files directory (so it shows up on the start menu, which will show up as 'Thor Auto Update'). Then once you run the updater for the first time, cancel the download and go into the Advanced Options. There you should see a field to put in the path to your Everquest directory directory (by default, it should be C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II). Once that path is in place, everything should work as intended.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 05-10-2006, 01:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default What if You have EQII on drive other than C:?

I have EQ II installed on my E: drive, so what would be my process to install the updater and ensure the files get to the proper directory on the correct drive?

Do I still install the Updater to C:/ Program files and then run the updater per the instructions and cancel it andgo to advanced and change the path to my E: drive where EQII is stored?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have a good day and God Bless

-Danny
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Yes, that is correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by morijma
Do I still install the Updater to C:/ Program files and then run the updater per the instructions and cancel it andgo to advanced and change the path to my E: drive where EQII is stored?
-Danny
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you, Sir

-Danny