Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-12-2005, 07:46 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piltdown
It's very possible that I'm missing something, but this has not fixed the issue as far as I can tell. I installed the Fetish mod (excellent) and if I stack my bags or bankboxes down the side of the screen they still get shifted when I log. I poked at the xml files with a stick according to your instructions - no change.

Can one of you gurus check this out? My bags will stay if they're close to the top, but not stacked down the side.

* I should probably note that I installed the updated version of the mod.
As it turns out, the problem has two components.

If the bottom edge is closer to the bottom of the screen (or its letter box) than the top is to the top of the screen (or its letterbox), then the Resizable fix takes care of it.

The other problem, pointed out by Zonx, is that windows don't save their positions properly if the edges are off-screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
4) EQ2 likes to shove stuff fully on screen whether "allow windows off-screen" is checked or not. Not sure but I think it often uses the UIBuilder window size to decide what is or isn't offscreen. What this means is a bag window near the bottom edge of screen can be repositioned so their bottom at default size fits on screen before being shrunk down to their slot count. With nearly double the max slot count, this is a far more likely problem. Might be a good idea to set custom bags to a very small initial size to avoid this.
You see this problem less often, but, as you can see, it does still happen.

Quickest solution for most bag mods that already feature dynamic resizing is to simply open UIBuilder and resize it down to the point where all you can see is any buttons and text labels you have in the window. I haven't tested it yet but in theory this should prevent the problem you're experiencing.

Editing first post to include this info.