Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 03-31-2011, 06:34 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Repeat button

Greetings,
Is there a way to make it so when you press the repeat button in the tradeskill window it skips the prepare window?

If you have the mats the repeat button automatically starts the crafting process without having to press the begin button on the prepare window?

I tried OnPress="Parent.Parent.Prepare.SummaryPage.BeginButton.Press=true" but this doesnt seem to work.

Thanks,
Draven
Unread 03-31-2011, 11:14 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

This would really be awesome to have, kinda like how its done in WoW where you can manual set how many you wanna crease..

Would make it a bit easier if you need to make the same combine many times for sure..
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechau View Post
This would really be awesome to have, kinda like how its done in WoW where you can manual set how many you wanna crease..

Would make it a bit easier if you need to make the same combine many times for sure..
Well what I am looking at doing would be able to add a number of times, it would just skip the prepare window when you press the repeat button.

I am still argueing with it, so more info to come

Draven
Unread 03-31-2011, 01:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

You can look at my tradeskill window if you want to see how I did it. But I can't promise that it will be easily understandable.

I have small segments of leftover/unused code in that window I'm sure...
The premise is to modify the OnShow of the prepare page before the page is shown, telling it to auto-click Begin or not.
Unread 03-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Yea, you can even make a complete crafting bot if u wish.
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Yea, you can even make a complete crafting bot if u wish.
No bot for me, i love crafting too much.

As for the drumUI, already downoaded and i use it for refernce since your so awsome

Ill look into it tomorrow since I am free.
Unread 04-04-2011, 10:58 AM
A Griffon

Call it a bot if you want, I'm not looking for a way to get free and easy lvl's at all, I'm looking to make my repeats easy..

I'm making arrows and Shurikes for the broker fx, and to sit in front of my computer crafting for 4 hours straight is a bit boring I have to say, so its for that I want a solution..

Would it be illegal to make something so he can make the same thing over and over again while I eat or watch a movie or even sleep? And if so, why is it illegal?
Would be very easy for Soe to add a function where it removed the exp gained while being on repeat, and avoid ppl from lvl botting up on it..
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Call it a bot if you want, I'm not looking for a way to get free and easy lvl's at all, I'm looking to make my repeats easy..

I'm making arrows and Shurikes for the broker fx, and to sit in front of my computer crafting for 4 hours straight is a bit boring I have to say, so its for that I want a solution..

Would it be illegal to make something so he can make the same thing over and over again while I eat or watch a movie or even sleep? And if so, why is it illegal?
Would be very easy for Soe to add a function where it removed the exp gained while being on repeat, and avoid ppl from lvl botting up on it..
Illegal, as in against the law, no. Illegal, as in against the ToS, yes. The ToS requires you to push or click a button to do an action. That is why the macro system in game will not reference another macro...it keeps you from making a loop. It specifically forbids mechanical or software means of automating gameplay.

There are exceptions however. A macro can fire 2 abilities and that is not against the ToS. They have been vague on duplexing software for multi-boxing as well. But even with those exceptions you still have to be present at the keyboard to perform any signifigant actions.

Silat
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Auto pressing the "repeat" button is one thing, having it auto-craft for you is a completely different story.

The topic has been questioned, debated, and explained hundreds of times. This is hardly the place or the topic to discuss it in.
Unread 04-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Oh sorry for the mis communication.. I wasn't refering to what u wanted to do as botting. I see no issue with what u want to do. I just was saying if someone wanted to, they could easily make the trade skill window totally automated. Just saying...
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:15 AM
A Griffon

Well, you can make the G15 / G19 keyboard to make a loop pretty easy, but its against the rules, and you risk actions against your account on it, so its not that I'm interested in..

If I wanted a bot, I would make it myself, so that's not it either..

I'm just looking to see if SoE some how had considered that making the same combine 500 times to fill your bags is to much, and it wuld be very easy to make it legal to autocraft, with no other gains than what you actually craft..

Something like this should really be considered..
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Well, you can make the G15 / G19 keyboard to make a loop pretty easy, but its against the rules, and you risk actions against your account on it, so its not that I'm interested in..

If I wanted a bot, I would make it myself, so that's not it either..

I'm just looking to see if SoE some how had considered that making the same combine 500 times to fill your bags is to much, and it wuld be very easy to make it legal to autocraft, with no other gains than what you actually craft..

Something like this should really be considered..
/feedback it. We have no official affiliation with SOE, we're just players like you. (But I doubt they'd put in an auto-crafting feature. It's already pretty easy to do with minimal attention needed)
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

<.<
>.>
Huh?
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

This was asked to added to my UI by one of my beta testers. She just wanted to make the rush orders move a bit quicker is all. No bot or eula stuff intended.
As Drumstix posted its not an auto-craft idea that a very different story.
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Oh sorry I thought I cleared myself up by stating i didn't think it was a botting mod but guess i was wrong or lost or who knows. But fact is; it is GM9's fault. :P
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yeah just having a single button press to repeat rather than two isn't really automating or botting it. We got a bit off topic, hehe. Drums's post give sthe rough idea of how he does it; I imagine trying to push both buttons using the single button doesn't work simply because the other button is not ready to be pushed until the recipe is selected by pushing the repeat button.