EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 06-11-2006, 01:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Complete compact/minimalist UI

I am new to the game, and after only a day of playing, I can tell the UI is going to drive me nuts. Too much wasted space, too many elaborate and HUGE title bars, too much screen space taken up by unneccessary frills instead of useful stuff.

Once upon a time, back in EQ, I would have just made my own interface, but I don't have that sort of time right now, plus it looks like a lot of elements (such as bags) lead "dead space" when you try to shrink them down, and I simply don't have the time to dedicate to figuring out how to get around that sort of thing. And going through the elements pages, it seems that very few mods have been updated in 6 months to a year or more, so I have no idea what is compatible with the current version of the game even if I downloaded elements one by one.

My dream mod would be very minimalist--no curliques and silly titlebars, and all elements about 60% of their current size so that when viewed in 1280x1024 resolution on a 19" monitor, a single window doesn't eat up over half the screen.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for an existing complete UI set or compliation along these lines, or is there a UI developer who might be interested in making such a thing?
Unread 06-12-2006, 02:15 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen

Check out Fetish, either Nightfall or Classic. The general look and feel of the game remains the same, with all the windows being much smaller while remaining completely indepenant pieces (not made to fit into a huge "control panel" at the buttom and top of the screen. Fetish also has tons of added functionality.....

"It is only by fate that any life ends, and only by chance that it is yours...not mine."
Unread 06-12-2006, 01:05 PM
A Brown Bear

Thank you very much, giving it a shot now, hoping the fact that it's not LU23 updated yet won't be too much of a problem.
Unread 06-13-2006, 05:57 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosia
Thank you very much, giving it a shot now, hoping the fact that it's not LU23 updated yet won't be too much of a problem.
Well, LU24 is coming up very soon also which'll kill the broker window - iirc Fetish said he's not been interested in EQ2 too much recently, and I don't think anyone's offered to take up the project.

I haven't used it, but judging by the screenies SageUI is semi-compact - or at least, it doesn't flood the screen.

AzzUI says it was made with the point of freeing up screen space, and it seems the creator did a good job of that.

Vert Reborn, though not the most compact UI out there, can be configured to have a lot of free screen space. I've used it, it's pretty nice.
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:45 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Ehm... FetishNightfall is up to date.

FetishClassic is slightly out of date but an addon patch solves the obvious issues.

And no I haven't lost interest, there just hasn't been much that's needed changing in my primary UI and I have been busy with real life stuff.

FYI, well built UIs don't break with every patch. The last few LU's have had very trivial UI changes.
Unread 06-14-2006, 01:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Ehm... FetishNightfall is up to date.
The market window in Nightfall is getting an error message with LU24, says it's not compatible.
Unread 06-14-2006, 02:46 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Zonx posted before LU24. See his post here on his market window.
Unread 06-15-2006, 08:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Thank you for the link to Zonx's post. Nightfall seems to be working fairly well for me. I just have one question...

Is there some way to make the fonts smaller in the Quest Journal and also the quest "helper" or "prompt" window? The windows themselves are a fine size, but the font is so large that I really can't see much in them at a single time. A couple points smaller wouldn't come amiss...

Thanks.