EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 02-15-2007, 08:43 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Default Tooltip info passed to a button

What I have been doing is working on "click to cure" in the group window.. based on an adaptation of the Fetish way of handling it.... All works fine...

But... What I have is transparent buttons over the top of the effects that trigger click to cure...

Problem is when you mouse over the effect you dont get a "Elemental" or even an "Elemental cannot be cured" tooltip all I get Is the group members info tooltip.... I know as for why this happens and is not part of the question...

So I have been trying to pass the "Tooltip" info from the Effect icon to the relevent button placed over the top of it,

Sadly without much sucess I feel that it is just an error in the syntax of my coding of it...

Can sombody point me in the right direction please

Basicly what I am trying to do is pass on tooltip info from an effect in the group to a button's tooltip.
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Here is mine, I basically did it the same way u are doing it.

When I made these I made them so I could drop them into any window so they are includes. And can be easily re-sized as a group to fit the location.

As it is now the buttons will only try to cast the cure if the effect is active. I'm in the process of adding class and level detection so it'll only cast the class/level appropriate cure so you don't get spammed with spell not found errors. I hate research so the last part is going slow:/

EDIT:

Just notice I used the wrong file. THis is missing .LoacalText

Last edited by Landiin : 05-12-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Unread 02-16-2007, 08:37 AM
A Griffon

Thanks for posting that .zip for me .. Other parts of the code actualy answered a couple of other questions I had been pondering over lol

But I still see that you have the tooltip set as it is, EG (Tooltip="Arcane") I am trying to avoid doing that as I have noticed that the tooltip does not always say just simply "Arcane" etc.. In some cases it will say "Arcane cannot be cured"...

I think that its very important info whilst in a raid when you realy do need to conserve power insted of trying to cure somthing that cannot be cured..

There must be a way to push one objects "live" tooltip infomation onto another object?
Unread 02-16-2007, 08:39 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh interesting, did not know that the tooltip would show that. I need to add that as well! [EDIT: Do you know if there are any instances were the tooltip will show that it is uncurable but the effect icon will not? Because usually effect icons darken and don't show a number if there is an uncurable effect. ]

Can you not just push it to your cure buttons via an OnShow event on the effect icon?

Last edited by gm9 : 02-16-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Unread 02-16-2007, 09:40 AM
A Griffon

Yes I been trying to do that with OnShow but not with much sucess..

The icons do darken and not show a number when somthing is incurable thats true.. but my icons are very small to fit into the group window, whilst it is clear to see what they are it is not imediatley obvious that they are darkened =/ .....

Also me being a "fick melee clas that can jus bas fings ard" just another reason why I rely on the tooltip telling me It cant be cured, saves me screeming at the healer "Oi slacker get this $%*^ cured!" only to get the response "It cant be cured you newb!" ... next fight healer lets said melee class get eatten by some epic mob, then logs lol
Unread 02-16-2007, 10:26 AM
A Griffon

OMG !! just give me a slap heh !!

Its as simple as

OnHoverIn="LocalTooltip=parent.Effect1.LocalTooltip"

On the cure button.
Unread 02-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Oh I wasn't aware that the tool tip would say that either.. I see what your trying to get now.. I was wondering why you was trying to copy the tooltip from the effect icon lol..

Have you tried adding the the effect gamedata to the button and filtering just for tooltip? If that doesn't work try this with you button; OnHoverIn="LocalTooltip=Parent.<effect>.LocalTooltip". I don't think the game fires the OnShow event of the effect icons when it turns the effects on and off. I tried using them to enable and disable my clickcure button and it never worked so had to go with a OnHoverIn event of the button or in my case the container page to do it.

Edit;

/SLAP Laffs

See you got it working as I was posting lol
Unread 02-16-2007, 11:14 AM
A Griffon

Hehe, thanks for the help guys