EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-09-2011, 05:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Where to begin?

I downloaded the eq2 map auto updating version and installed it, no issues. When I open the game though it's the exact same map, what do I have to do to make it work? I saw instructions for creating a custom interface and uploading .xml files and whatnot but I don't have any files like that, at least not from the download.

I'm just totally lost, sorry. =(
Unread 01-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Make sure that the path EQ2MAP is using (click "Options" on the EQ2MAP updater to see it) is the same as the path that the shortcut you use to launch EQ2 says (right click > properties). If they're not, then you have to change the paths in the EQ2MAP updater.
Unread 01-11-2011, 09:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ok, I fixed that but still have the same old EQ2 map. It is blank in Stormhold, for example, says no map available like always.

What's interesting though is at first I just fixed the Auto launch EQ2 option to this: C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\StationLauncher\StationLauncher.exe

Which is where my shortcut to launch EQ2 goes. When I got in the game I couldn't run because using W suddenly would bring up a waypoint interface.

So then I fixed the Everquest 2 path in the EQ2map options (instead of just changing the auto-launch location) to be this: C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II

which is where the Everquest2.exe is. That fixed the waypoint thing and I could run around again, but still no map.

What do I do now?