EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-01-2005, 12:21 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Player Window Tooltop (Make it Go Away)

The problem I'm having is that I'm using the "myUI" pieces, player window, group window and some other things not in the way.

The Player Window is wide, to accomdate the power 'n health bars side by side, but this leaves a huge deadspace above the health one, and thus in my layout, I put my group window there... now, clicking on the right side of the group window will bring it forward, which is great... BUT... If I click on anything in the player window (money, etc...) it pulls that window in front of the group one... Problem? Yes, visually, no... But then I can't click on the LFG or Group Member Search icons because the Player Self Tooltip won't stop poppin' up.

My goal? I want my Group Window to stay OnTop of my Player Window, and then I won't have that problem anymore. I tried everything I could in the UI-Builder (which is super-sweet by the way, I just learned it's basics finally)...

Any ideas? Quib? Insomniac? Drum? Anyone?
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:32 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well, a really kludgy way to make it work would be to add a page object to your players window that takes up the area where you want your group window to always overlap your friends window. Here's a crummy ascii art sorta showing what I mean:
Code:
The more square area is your player window, the long skinny rectangle is your group window, the X is the overlapped area the two windows are fighting over.

In the player window, in that region where the two windows overlap you make the page object (don't give it any graphics, it's just gonna be used for an OnHoverIn event).

After you make that page object give it an OnHoverIn property like so:
Code:
show_window=(MainHUD.GroupMembers) show_window=(MainHUD.GroupMembers) hide_window=(MainHUD.GroupMembers) hide_window=(MainHUD.GroupMembers)
It needs to be exactly as I typed it and only 1 line to work properly. This will instantaneously hide then show your group window, bringing it on top of your player window whenever you mouse over the part of your player window that overlaps the group window.

Let me know if that works, if you have any trouble implementing it, etc.

Quib
Unread 02-01-2005, 07:58 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Antonia Bayle

That worked great Quib! Once again, you save my day! Thanks a TON!