EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 07-06-2005, 01:23 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default visible flag based on another window?

I'm not sure if this is possible but I'm hoping to find a way to do it.

What I want to do is have a single target window of X size

But when the implied target window is shown I want the target window to resize(or just the components of it) so that the implied window can overlay half of the target window without taking up any extra space.

Just using the health bar as an example if it is 100 pixels long I want it to shrink to 50 pixels when I have an implied target.

I'm thinking I could do it using 2 separate pages for the target window and just switching the visible tag but is it possible to have the implied target window becoming visible trigger the switch in the main target window?

Or if you have any other suggestions as to how I could acomplish this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Unread 07-06-2005, 01:35 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

Thinking you could tell the original sized target window to shrink to smaller size by making a smaller version of the window that is only visible when /onshow impliedtarget window is initiated. Then, have the onshow event show both the smaller target and the implied target as you stated side by side. Once the implied target is no longer avail, the on hide event would hide both the implied target and smaller version target windows, allowing an on show event to display the original sized target window you used.

If that makes any sense....
Unread 07-06-2005, 03:37 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

in case you dont understand what depechenode is saying, i will clarify. basically use the onshow and onhide events of the implied target window to control the visibility of the different pages in your target window.
Unread 07-06-2005, 03:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Also to set the size of the health and powerbar in the target window at the same time
Unread 07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
A Brown Bear

That's what I thought I just wasn't sure if they worked that way... going to try it out tonight.

Thanks again
Unread 07-07-2005, 11:02 AM
A Brown Bear

ok well it worked sort of... using /show_window and /hide_window it works correctly but when I had the implied window up and click on a different target it shows the full length main target at the same time as the shortened one. not sure if it's due to not having an implied target while I tested it... ok I figured out the problem. anytime I target something it's turning the long window visible (v0)
added onshow to that one to turn off the short page (v00) and that seemed to work but now when grouped whenever my main target switches targets it still makes v0 visible and since the implied window is already open it doesn't switch back to v00

not to mention that for some reason I can't figure out I end up with 2 implied windows.

any suggestions?