EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-04-2006, 03:06 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Tried to modify the Guild Window and...

I wanted to remove the 'Main' tab of the Guild Window and move the MOTD & Summary information to the Members & to the Events page. I made it look perfect in UI Builder, but when I logon to the game, I can't click, scroll or do anything on those two pages, even the buttons and drop-down selections don't work. I don't see the need for the Main tab in the guild window if we can have the MOTD in the Members & Events Tab, which are the two tabs our members are always on anyway. It would be nice to know they're seeing the MOTD & Summary Info every time they open the guild window. Below is my attached Guild Window, can someone take a gander at this and see where I went wrong? I have it looking exactly the way I want it to, but just not sure why it's locking like that. I only used UI Builder to modify it.

Only steps I did were to copy / paste the two things I wanted, adjust the positions of their contents to line-up and that's it.

***Edit: I found it, I couldn't delete this message, so pasting an edit here. The 'Summary' was stretched down all the way, thus covering the functions of the other items. Got it fixed, adding it to this site. Maybe some folks will like it. - I reuploaded the XML file here in case anyone wants the fixed one.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml (77.6 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by Binton : 04-04-2006 at 03:36 AM.
Unread 04-04-2006, 02:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Binton, you shouldn't spend to much time into the guildwindow at the moment as SOE is going to redesign the whole guildwindow for LU22:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE
- Now recruiting for your guild in EverQuest II is even easier!
- For guild leaders and other ranks with access, there is a Recruiting tab in the guild window that allows you to choose your recruitment settings.
- In this tab, you can enter a number of pieces of information that will help you recruit for your guild:
* Short Description
* Full Description
* We offer training to new players
* Looking for: Fighters, Priests, Scouts, Mages, Tradeskillers
* Play Style: Standard, Casual, Hardcore
- You may also select up to four Descriptive Tags from the following set:
* Good Aligned, Evil Aligned, Chatty, Organized, Roleplay, We enjoy doing quests, We enjoy doing raids, We play at odd hours, We are a crafter oriented guild, We are family friendly, We may use mature humor, The inmates are running the asylum, We're very funny (in our opinion), Our humor may cause physical pain, We're serious folks
- Leaders may assign Recruiter status to guild members.
- Guild Recruiters can go to their Persona window under the Options tab and begin "Recruiting for Guild." You will enter information pertinent to the recruiting process and begin recruiting.
- Guilds with Recruiters online will appear in the guild window (Default key: "U") for those without a guild.
- Recruits can view information about guilds with Recruiters who are currently online, and can automatically send a message with information they may want to see before responding (name, adventure level, artisan level, race).
- It's as simple as that!