EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:04 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Crushbone
Default XP bar

Not sure if this is the right place, but for some time now, have been seeing a quite perplexing issue with my Xp bar. I dont Ding next adventure lvl, till i have hit 100.9. Also XP numbers go up and down off and on. At one time will read 55.6, then 55.8, then 54.9 55.3 then 56.0.? Any information would be helpful. It is just annoying, but I can live with it, as i have.

Thanks
CT
Crushbone server
Unread 03-09-2007, 07:40 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Simple explanation: your XP bar mod is broken.

Once upon a time, many XP bar mods took advantage of a bug in the way Sony provided XP info -- that info wasn't rounded -- to create "XX.X%" tenths-of-a-percent displays. Last summer, Sony fixed the info, so that all numbers were rounded, which caused those displays to no longer be accurate. But many XP bar mods have never been corrected, as many modders still seem to think Sony "broke" the info, and are waiting for a "fix" that will in fact never come.

(As I've said in the past, it would be very nice if Sony would provide the info in the old manner, or in both the old and new manners, but it's become obvious that that's not going to happen, so we really need to deal with what we've got.)

As to exactly what's happening, suffice it to say that whever the decimal value of your XP display is 5 or more, the whole number value is one higher than it should be, as it's been rounded, since Sony intends that number to be seen only as a whole number, and not as part of a tenths-of-percent display. When you see 94.3%, for example, you really do have 94.3% XP, but when the display jumps to 95.6%, it's really just 94.6%. And when you see 100.9%, you're actually at 99.9%.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

See what I don't get is how they consider this fixed even though you can see 100% even with the default bar, and still not have leveled. Modded exp bar or not, if its really at 99.5, the whole percent number is going to be 100 instead of 99

Sure its fixed for rounding the exp, but its broken as hell for showing the actual percentage of exp.

I wouldn't say its "fixed", i would say its "working as intended."

Last edited by Pyroman : 03-09-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Unread 03-09-2007, 10:40 AM
A Brown Bear

Thank you for your reply's, I now rest easy as i lvl up, knowing a bit more on how things work. Thanks again

CT
Healer
Crushbone