Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Default Soe Why? Why? Why?

Why did you hard code the volumes location in the target window and implide target window? Why do you insist on hardcoding things like this?

Yes I know its not hard coded per say but when the target window is on, it moved just past where the bottom of teh window is and expands the target window to show who it. It can't bemoved with a onshow on the target page, v0 or v1. Then only way I can get it to move in game is by onhoverin/out and thats not verry handy..
Unread 11-13-2005, 10:49 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Actually its hard coded to position relative to the bottom edge of whatever tier indicator is visible. Padding around the bar is based on spacing in the XML.

You might be able to get the positioning you want via OnShow and OnHide scripts placed on the tier indicators. The tricky part will be handeling targets with no tier indicator (like players). You might also have problems when switching between targets of the same tier. Not sure if the bar would snap to default possition without the tier indicator's OnShow being triggered.

If all else fails, you may want to try using tiny transparent tier indicators for effects possitioning only that show/hide other visible tier indicators.

For what its worth, I also am not real happy with how the curent setup ridgedly controls the window layout.
Unread 11-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

tier indicators!! Great Idea Zonx. I tried it on every thing but them.. I'll try it

Hmm if it's location relative to the bottom edge of whatever tier indicator is visible, I should be able to move them to where ever I want the Valume to be? I'll go try that too. Being I don't use the tier indicators my v0 and v1 are mirrors of each other so I get the ^^^ effect in my target and the lvl out besides the mobs name. I'll have to add the tier indicators back in but 0 their size.

Last edited by Landiin : 11-13-2005 at 11:44 PM.