Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan
oh and BTW my compas/ day/night indicator section is transparent
Gasp!

As for the target and implited just get use to it! lol j/k

edit: Added the real Legacy target and implied to the zip. ( I hope ) lol

Last edited by Landiin : 05-12-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi,

A few hours ago I downloaded and tried out eXtremeUI. After playing around and getting things set on my main char, I came here looking for more info. Found the post about the background of the compass/clock being transparent and I was having the same problems myself, so i d/l'd and installed:

Legacy_Target_implied.zip

After that everytime I tried to enter any char, I would crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled the UI and still crashing. I am now running w/o eXtremeUI and it's working fine, well exept my icons are horrid

Is there a problem with the file's that were just added?
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eramir
Hi,

A few hours ago I downloaded and tried out eXtremeUI. After playing around and getting things set on my main char, I came here looking for more info. Found the post about the background of the compass/clock being transparent and I was having the same problems myself, so i d/l'd and installed:

Legacy_Target_implied.zip

After that everytime I tried to enter any char, I would crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled the UI and still crashing. I am now running w/o eXtremeUI and it's working fine, well exept my icons are horrid

Is there a problem with the file's that were just added?
Repatch and your compass/clock will not be transparent any longer. ( yea I forgot to up the new background.dds file but Its there now.
Fixed the legacy target/implied ( I think ). A small note on the Legacy windows is the buff icons will not show up on the target or implied.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-18-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Unread 04-18-2006, 10:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

So....yeah...Im guessing its not supposed to look like that.
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyther
So....yeah...Im guessing its not supposed to look like that.

Looks all correct to me. If you want the placement I would try settings->advanced option and set up your uisettings.ini file.

So, yea it's supposed to look like that if you don't set up your uisettings.ini file.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-18-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raesoth

Edit: Got in group and things making a bit more sense .. like the spilted idea .. but names are still showing outside of the bars.. intentional?
Yes the names out side the bar are intentional, I couldn't find a good place from them inside the bar.

As for the left window, That extra frame on the right is from the implied target and I am stumped as to why it is showing when the implited target is not active. I'm still working and scratching my head on that one.
Unread 04-18-2006, 01:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Well its running fine now. I do have a few questions if anyone can answer them.

1. Does the Char Select on the quick logout work? If so how do I set it up so it has my chars on the buttons, I tried doing this in the updater, but it didn't work.

2. Once I get my UI looking the way I want it to, how can I a. make it the default "setup" for new chars, and b. get it on my other chars with out haveing to manually tweek all the components

3. Is the harvest info panel been scrapped? I know the tier information is in the Info button, is there a smaller "box" that can be kept on screen while harvesting?

4. I can't figure out how to set the 3 "hot button" profile settings, are they customizable, if so how do I customize them?
Unread 04-18-2006, 02:21 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:

2. Once I get my UI looking the way I want it to, how can I a. make it the default "setup" for new chars, and b. get it on my other chars with out haveing to manually tweek all the components
There is a built in Sony function now to do this.

1st. Get your ui the way you want it setup.
2nd. Backup and remove the other ui setttings from the eq2 directory.
3rd. Start Eq2 and select the toon you want to set it up for..
there will be a window that pops up the first time you start a toon that
does not have a ui settings file for. It will ask you to select a ui settings
from a list of ui settings that is in the eq2 directory.

There maybe a ingame command that does this also but I do not know it.

-------------------------
As far as the character select goes, im not sure how it works now but you are aware that you can macro it to toolbar buttons now.

i.e. /camp toonname

You can make a toolbar just for camping different toons.
Unread 04-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:

1. Does the Char Select on the quick logout work? If so how do I set it up so it has my chars on the buttons, I tried doing this in the updater, but it didn't work.

3. Is the harvest info panel been scrapped? I know the tier information is in the Info button, is there a smaller "box" that can be kept on screen while harvesting?

4. I can't figure out how to set the 3 "hot button" profile settings, are they customizable, if so how do I customize them?
1: Yes it works, goto the updater and enter you char name and server where it says to. Although this is going aways soon as all you have to do is type /camp [char name] now to switch char.

2: see the post below

3: All harvest information is in the info center. accessed by the info button.

4: You set ur settings the way you like them then /save_optioins ( crap I forgot what file names to use, I'll look when I get home)
Unread 04-18-2006, 03:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

After looking through the forums here to find an answer I found a few and tried them out with no luck. This is what my screen looks like:

This is after I chose my profile and the closest resolution that matched my settings and hit "Ok". What might some other solutions be?

Note: I have no problem moving the windows.
Unread 04-18-2006, 04:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, I figures out that there is a "save" option under "file" at the top, that seemed to fix my problem.
Unread 04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Looks all correct to me. If you want the placement I would try settings->advanced option and set up your uisettings.ini file.

So, yea it's supposed to look like that if you don't set up your uisettings.ini file.
Come again? Im still new to modding EQ2
Unread 04-19-2006, 10:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I was wondering how I could get my overflow? I recently died and didn't repair my equipment, but now it is repaired and I can't throw it back on my character. Anyone know how to do this with this UI? Any help would be appreciated.
Unread 04-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaver
I was wondering how I could get my overflow? I recently died and didn't repair my equipment, but now it is repaired and I can't throw it back on my character. Anyone know how to do this with this UI? Any help would be appreciated.
In the inventory window, third row, seconed icon from the last. Is you over flow. Its normaly blank if that helps.
Unread 04-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyther
Come again? Im still new to modding EQ2
start->programs->eXtremeui->eXtremeUI CP.

when that opens click on the settings tab, when there click on the advanced options button ( at the bottom ). When that window opens Select a rez file and the char you want to use. Then check save then click OK.
Unread 04-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Any one care to write up a Feature List for me? Working on some documentation ATM and just trying to get that part all done as thats the one thing I really hate doing is writing list and documentation lol.. As you could probably already tell by the lack of it lol.
Unread 04-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

There will be a new Updater coming down the pipe next time you update. It will open up a installer. The installer will do all the conversions for you. All you settings except for you exclude files list will be wiped clear so you will have to reset some of them up.

settings can be found under the AUCP menu item.
Unread 04-20-2006, 01:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the quick response. I uninstalled it and then cleared the overflow that way. I would have never known that it was that box. After restarting, I then reinstalled the mod.

Now that I know how to fix the overflow, I love this UI. It is one of the better ones that I have seen for not only this game, but also for many of the other games that I have played.

Now I have another question: Would you happen to know how to switch out your inventory mod for the Rotary Inventory? It isn't anything personal, the one that comes with your mod is just to darned small. I tried to install the other one the way that Corren Silverfir created, and followed his directions, but it didn't work.

If it's not possible, it's not that big of a deal, I just liked how his was like a circle and showed all the crucial information. It was very purty.

I tried extracting it to the eXtreme UI folder and such, then deleting my characters UI Settings file in the main EQ2 directory, and that didn't work either. Any help from anyone would be appreciated, and thanks in advance for any advice.
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

1st thing you have to do when replacing any file in extreme is run the AUCP. Once it's done updating got to settings and add the file you want to change or add to the excluded file list. Then put the file into the extreme directory, other wise the AUCP will overwrite the file you added if you don't add it to the exclude file list.
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:54 AM
A Coastal Crab

How do you set it as your default?
Unread 04-20-2006, 08:51 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default help

how do i set it as my default UI ? nothing is different on my screen and it says that i need to set it as my default UI for it to run.

ty
Unread 04-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh3331
how do i set it as my default UI ? nothing is different on my screen and it says that i need to set it as my default UI for it to run.

ty
When you get that pop click yes ( go to settings ) then click ui->client settings and press save under eq2.ini.
Unread 04-20-2006, 09:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there any way possible to resize the target window? It is huge!

Also I am having some issues with some of the windows overlapping even when I click through checked on the options. Is there a work around for this? (i.e. Power bars overlap all windows, target window overlaps all windows and so does the group window) When they do this I cannot read any of the instant updates that flash on my screen for quest due to my UI set up.
Unread 04-20-2006, 10:59 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default need help

I cant figure out how to open up a full inventory screen, my gear is in overflow and the "I" button only brings up the box inventory look... help please
Unread 04-20-2006, 11:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up New AUCP Settings

Not sure if anyone else may be having this issue, but with the new AUCP I am unable to start EQ2 using the "Play EverQuest II" button after all files have been updated. I receive the error: Run App1 Error - Was not found. I have the latest version of the UI installed on 4 computers and it's doing the same thing on all of them. Solution I found was to check the 'Launch EverQuest II when updates are done' option in the AUCP settings, run update again under the extreme dropdown, and the application will then start automatically. I'm not sure if this is what was intended, but I think the application cannot be manually started after updates are downloaded.

Thanks for this awesome UI - the whole family loves it!!

Mao