EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 04-04-2006, 10:29 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

I found out that the lockout window does'nt work for me, is there any chance this has something to do with ProfitUI or have'nt you touched the Persona window at all ??

A fix would be nice

And again, nice work, cant live without Profit UI here
Unread 04-04-2006, 12:49 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

I assume you are talking about the Zone Reuse window?

I have Profit installed on two machines and it works perfectly so I would be very surprised if it was an issue with ProfitUI

Are you running ver 2.2 of Profit?
What other mods are you running?

Last edited by Garick : 04-04-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Unread 04-04-2006, 01:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Thanks for taking up the torch for the best UI mod in EQ2

Great Work.

If it isn't just a bug, could I request that the L&L and heritage tabs be put back, having those in game was a major plus.

CoLDMeTaL
Unread 04-04-2006, 02:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

I am working on finishing up a small modification to the market window for the Buy Stack and Buy Quantity buttons. They are working great, but need to get them aligned properly and in a good spot in the window.

I should be able to post it soon.

I will also add in to the file a working target window with the buff icons.
Unread 04-04-2006, 02:58 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmi

I will also add in to the file a working target window with the buff icons.
Thank you! wuwu~
Unread 04-04-2006, 03:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Ok, This Market window is exactly like the latest profit release(2.2.2) with the addition of 2 Buttons. Buy Stack and Buy Quantity. Both buttons working great.

The Target window is merely the Profit 1.8e or 1.8f target window file. I remember from using that version it worked and just copied it over.

Thanks to all that have participated to bring Profit back to life. This UI is the best.

//edit: Added Zip file with both files inside.

Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_market.xml (32.2 KB, 364 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (17.2 KB, 360 views)
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_market.zip (7.2 KB, 355 views)

Last edited by Genmi : 04-04-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Unread 04-04-2006, 04:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigor
how can i change font..i liket that one^^

enjoy^^
I actually didn't change the font at all. I'm just using what came with it, I have a few things hidden and I changed the size of the fonts for my chat windows and such but all the rest are the same.
Unread 04-04-2006, 04:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Chat/Message dialog box bug

Great job bringing this old favorite back to life! Fantastic work!

I've been using this UI for a little while now and I'm really digging it. There is however one issue I've noticed with the chat boxes.

If you drag a tab off, for instance to the middle of the screen, you'll see the tab portion doesn't show unless there is more than one group of boxes, this is fine except that the text scrolls up above the frame the box and looks pretty silly.

I would post a screenie of this but I'm at work and don't have access to my crack er EQ2 here.
Unread 04-04-2006, 04:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJas
Nice work, I love this UI! Keep it goin!
But i have one little trouble since i installed it. Iam usin EQ2Map too. And now I cant see an X-sign that shows waypoint on the map. So i cant see where the tracked object actually is ;(
Sorry for selfquottin, but having this X-sign or circle, or anything that shows location of tracked targed is very important to me as scout. Any suggestion on this?
Unread 04-04-2006, 04:54 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoLDMeTaL
Great Work.

If it isn't just a bug, could I request that the L&L and heritage tabs be put back, having those in game was a major plus.

CoLDMeTaL
This info is included in the InfoCenter, just hit the infocenter button on the Start button
Unread 04-05-2006, 02:40 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghijada
I downloaded the new Profit UI last night. All works well but it seems like I am missing a couple of windows. The globe looking thing which shows the time is missing from my UI. The time stamp in the chat window is also not there. Do I have to do anything under options so I will have a time stamp in the chat window?
I also noticed that there is a window in which players put in their mana stones,mount clickies,etc... Is this just another window made, or does this come with the UI ?

Noobish questions, so please excuse me. This is my first dled UI and it looks great !
Are you using the settings file supplied with the UI?

"ProfitUI_1280x1024_eq2_uisettings.ini" or similar needs to be renamed to "ServerName_CharacterName_eq2_uisettings.ini" and put into your EQ2 folder ... there'll probably be a file there already with your current settings which will need to be renamed / deleted / moved.

I'm pretty sure the time stamp in the message window is a setting in options but, as I don't use it, I'm not too sure where it is

*Edit - Checked and it's in Options -> User Interface -> Chat Window -> Show Chat Message Time ..... knew it was in there somewhere

You're right about the extra window with the clickies, it's just an extra hotbar I've dragged useable items into from my inventory or bags.

Hope that's helped a little

Last edited by Tinilya : 04-05-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Unread 04-05-2006, 07:32 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinilya
I'm pretty sure the time stamp in the message window is a setting in options but, as I don't use it, I'm not too sure where it is
If you didn't find the setting in options, open eq2_recent.ini in notepad and put in the line:
chat_show_time true
Unread 04-05-2006, 12:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hello, folks.

I installed Profit Reborn yesterday, and overall I think it’s a wonderful UI.

However, like everyone else, I have some questions as well as a wish list:

1. On the pet window, what is the function of the 2nd button from the left? If that button has no purpose, why not delete it and shrink the window a bit, or use that space for dismiss pet? Wouldn’t it be cool if the pet button could be made with interchangeable buttons? For instance, have a small bank of hotkeys, in addition to the main command keys, to be used for the pet spells that you end up using for every fight. The pet button could also expand and contract to show/hide the guard here, follow, etc., buttons that aren’t used all the time. Oh, and as long as we’re dreaming, let’s dream big…what about making a group member’s pet somehow show and be target able in the group window? Healers I know would really love that one.

2. Is it possible to provide an option for the group window’s clickable cure buttons? I’d love to see them beneath the group member’s names? I much prefer a taller vertical window to the wide window. I would even be happy to see that window sizeable, where the clicky buttons would size accordingly.

3. Can the target and implied target windows be made sizeable? Although very nice, I find that they take more space than I care to use. The target window acts like it will resize when you turn off the effect icons, but in actuality it does not. Further, the implied window does not have an option to turn off the effect icons. It would be great to have a toggle on both of these to both hide the effects and resize the entire windows.

4. Would love to see the broker window include a ‘my class and level’ button. I’m a lazy shopper. 8)

5. Might the maintained spells window be resizable? Generally, it’s a great thing, but I keep my effects icons at size 24, and would like the maintained icons to be of equal size. (I have a thing for symmetry.)

6. I’d love to see the Inventory window smaller and perhaps clicky buttons for use of an item or food for those of us who run in auto-consume off mode.

To those of you who invest your time and energy in this work, my compliments on a very fine job.

Those of us who are either too lazy or too XML-challenged sincerely appreciate your efforts!

Last edited by Crashagain : 04-05-2006 at 12:50 PM. Reason: poor proofreading
Unread 04-05-2006, 03:16 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashagain
Hello, folks.

1. On the pet window, what is the function of the 2nd button from the left? If that button has no purpose, why not delete it and shrink the window a bit, or use that space for dismiss pet? Wouldn’t it be cool if the pet button could be made with interchangeable buttons? For instance, have a small bank of hotkeys, in addition to the main command keys, to be used for the pet spells that you end up using for every fight. The pet button could also expand and contract to show/hide the guard here, follow, etc., buttons that aren’t used all the time. Oh, and as long as we’re dreaming, let’s dream big…what about making a group member’s pet somehow show and be target able in the group window? Healers I know would really love that one.
This is from the release notes. This is what that extra button is. A lot of pet UI mods use this extra button. I love it on my necro.
* Pet Window:
- New button to send pet in to attack, guard itself and you (useful after calling the pet back)

As far as the extra set of hotkeys, you know you can drag any button (except the new one) down to your hotbars right? I keep pet attack on 2nd bar #1 and otherwise use the pet bar buttons for everything else.
Quote:
3. Can the target and implied target windows be made sizeable? Although very nice, I find that they take more space than I care to use. The target window acts like it will resize when you turn off the effect icons, but in actuality it does not. Further, the implied window does not have an option to turn off the effect icons. It would be great to have a toggle on both of these to both hide the effects and resize the entire windows.
I'm not one of the coders of profit, the only comment I wanted to make is that the point of the whole profit UI has always been to have a nice seemless look going across the top and bottom. If you resize the target windows, what are you going to do with the gaps that are left?

Quote:
5. Might the maintained spells window be resizable? Generally, it’s a great thing, but I keep my effects icons at size 24, and would like the maintained icons to be of equal size. (I have a thing for symmetry.)
I'm new to the 2.2 series (I stopped using back when the last "official" release was made and Profit disappeared), but I thought I saw that option in the Profit control panel. Just look through the little buttons on your EQ button.

Quote:
6. I’d love to see the Inventory window smaller and perhaps clicky buttons for use of an item or food for those of us who run in auto-consume off mode.
Just pointing out, you can drag anything to the hotbars, so I just drag my food and drink to two buttons on my 4th bar (and my 2 charms)
Unread 04-05-2006, 03:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ive been big into Extreme UI for a while now. but im thinking of switching to this one, would i be able to use Aaelen's Complete EXP Bar with profit?
Unread 04-05-2006, 04:37 PM
A Brown Bear

very good job, greatest addon interface set i have tried for eq2

i am a fury and i just would like to have the option of clickable healing buttons by click under group -window (like the buttons for cure arcane, trauma, etc.) and also the option of clickable healing myself under self window .

crashhagain has asked the same i have suggested

Quote:
2. Is it possible to provide an option for the group window’s clickable cure buttons? I’d love to see them beneath the group member’s names? I much prefer a taller vertical window to the wide window. I would even be happy to see that window sizeable, where the clicky buttons would size accordingly.
srry 4 my low english level
Unread 04-05-2006, 10:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I just installed the UI, now none of my line commands work, i couldn't chat, respond to tells, or anyhting, the UI was 100% functional though. Is it possible that i deleted something or overwrited something i shouldn't have?

EDIT: Turns out when i deleted the profit_mainchat window it fixxed everything, so it appears as your mainchat peice is bugged.

Last edited by GnarDowg : 04-06-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Unread 04-06-2006, 05:00 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarDowg
I just installed the UI, now none of my line commands work, i couldn't chat, respond to tells, or anyhting, the UI was 100% functional though. Is it possible that i deleted something or overwrited something i shouldn't have?

EDIT: Turns out when i deleted the profit_mainchat window it fixxed everything, so it appears as your mainchat peice is bugged.
Not bugged but it is a bit odd. By default the Window has frames turned off. Unfortunatly the part of the window that you chat in is in the frame/titlebar. If you go to window settings and turn Frame and Titlebar on it works just fine.

Sin
Unread 04-06-2006, 07:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hello everyone

Until a week ago, I used a lot of single pieces of many different UIs. I am just now experimenting with Profit UI and I like it. But I like my small fonts also. The problem (as stated earlier in this thread) is, that XP-value looks a bit strange:

(picture from this thread, showing the problem)

So I have tried (but failed as of now) to make the display for XP a litte bit smaller using the EQ2-UI-Editor. Back in my DAOC-days I have tweaked UIs quite often but the DAOC-UI-Editor seems a lot more user-friendly than its EQ2-counterpart (showing not only some rectangles but the whole thing like it looks ingame).

I think, that for someone used to the EQ2-Editor it woul be a matter of a few minutes to make the display in the experience-window just a little bit smaller (thus removing the half drawn numbers seen above) and I hope such a person is reading this thread. Since the rest of the windows seem to run ok with small fonts, perhaps it would be something to include not only for me but other persons (who like to use small fonts) as well.

Thanks in advance and a good job done with this UI
Unread 04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graig Warder
Hello everyone

Until a week ago, I used a lot of single pieces of many different UIs. I am just now experimenting with Profit UI and I like it. But I like my small fonts also. The problem (as stated earlier in this thread) is, that XP-value looks a bit strange:

So I have tried (but failed as of now) to make the display for XP a litte bit smaller using the EQ2-UI-Editor. Back in my DAOC-days I have tweaked UIs quite often but the DAOC-UI-Editor seems a lot more user-friendly than its EQ2-counterpart (showing not only some rectangles but the whole thing like it looks ingame).

I think, that for someone used to the EQ2-Editor it woul be a matter of a few minutes to make the display in the experience-window just a little bit smaller (thus removing the half drawn numbers seen above) and I hope such a person is reading this thread. Since the rest of the windows seem to run ok with small fonts, perhaps it would be something to include not only for me but other persons (who like to use small fonts) as well.

Already answered in post #122 on page 5 ... need to make sure the 2 font files are in your windows\fonts and EQ2\UI\Fonts folders
Unread 04-06-2006, 08:59 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graig Warder
Hello everyone

Already answered in post #122 on page 5 ... need to make sure the 2 font files are in your windows\fonts and EQ2\UI\Fonts folders
Actually this was not already answered. The issue that the original poster is describing has nothing to do with failing to copy font files to the font folder, and everything to do with the fact that selecting the Smaller Font option in the option menu (in game) causes this. The smaller fonts option seems to change all fonts in the UI to Arial from my experience.

I'll see if I can make a fix to address this issue when I am home, but I do not promise anything, as I’m not very handy with the interface editor myself. I'll post again later to tell you if I did it or not. =)
Unread 04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
A Grove Wisp

Arrow Macro Edit buttons not working and other suggestions

Hi,

First, many thanks for (re)producing such a great UI - it is awesome...

I've noticed that the Macro Edit buttons are not working - they just don't pop-up anything allowing me to create a new macro. Are others seeing the same problem?

Suggestion: wondering if the complex shaders buttons should not be replaced by a slider?

Adding an LFG (tiny) button would be desirable - typing /LFG is short but people have been used to click on the LFG button since EQ2 started

I would use Valdacil's compact market window - it is great indeed.
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4073

I also like Valcadil's inventory window with stats - very convenient.
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=4066

I've modded the start button to replace the 2 shadow buttons by icons to consume food and drinks - I find myself using these more often that shadows - I can post it if people are interested...

--Pheebau

Last edited by pheebau : 04-06-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Unread 04-06-2006, 12:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I couldn't quickly determine how to quote a complete post, so I copied the post by fraenhawk and interjected my responses in pink. (Yes, pink! It's spring, after all!)

Quote:
Hello, folks.

This is from the release notes. This is what that extra button is. A lot of pet UI mods use this extra button. I love it on my necro.
* Pet Window:
- New button to send pet in to attack, guard itself and you (useful after calling the pet back)

Thank you for the clarification about the pet button. I see now in the update notes where that is made clear. When I read the update notes before downloading the UI, I hadn’t actually studied the pet window, though, so didn’t catch the meaning then.

As far as the extra set of hotkeys, you know you can drag any button (except the new one) down to your hotbars right? I keep pet attack on 2nd bar #1 and otherwise use the pet bar buttons for everything else.

I don’t want more hot keys.

If the pet window has to be open, and if you want to keep track of your pet’s health and power, it does, then I’d like it to be more functional. I visualize the pet window with a second row of buttons below the commands, (all very small, mind you), that would have the pet spells as I mentioned in my original post, thereby eliminating the need for more hot key bars, and putting the needed buttons all very close to each other.

Quote:

I'm not one of the coders of profit, the only comment I wanted to make is that the point of the whole profit UI has always been to have a nice seemless look going across the top and bottom. If you resize the target windows, what are you going to do with the gaps that are left?

Quote:

I'm new to the 2.2 series (I stopped using back when the last "official" release was made and Profit disappeared), but I thought I saw that option in the Profit control panel. Just look through the little buttons on your EQ button.

I use a wide screen TV as my monitor, and I don’t like to see much either above or below my visual area, so the suggestions I made were based upon the way I like my screen set-up. I keep my target and implied target windows stacked on the right side of my screen, directly above my vertical group window, and my hot key bars on the lower right. So, being able to resize those two windows is important to me.

On the left side of my screen and above, I keep things that do not require clicking. It is much quicker to mouse from hot key bars to the target and/or group members when all are within close proximity.

For me, the efficiency of motion makes a lot of difference, therefore placing the group window on the lower left would greatly increase the distance for targeting group members and reduce the efficiency of motion. (Please don’t suggest I use the F keys for targeting group members. My aim at F keys is poor, but I know I can hit the right target by clicking the group window, and when I’m playing a priest class, that’s not negotiable.)

Quote:

Just pointing out, you can drag anything to the hotbars, so I just drag my food and drink to two buttons on my 4th bar (and my 2 charms)

I want less hot keys. I want to see less clutter and more of Norrath! I use three to five hour food. I don’t want hot keys for food. I’m happy to open the inventory once or twice a day and click the “U” for use food or water, though.

I certainly wasn’t knocking the UI the way it was delivered. It’s great, but each of us has different play styles, and if it weren’t for wish lists, who would make changes and/or improvements?

As for the seamlessness of the screen, I am quite satisfied with the way my screen looks, but would be much more satisfied if the group, target and implied target windows were scalable. 8)

Last edited by Crashagain : 04-06-2006 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Add image
Unread 04-06-2006, 02:31 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheebau

I've modded the start button to replace the 2 shadow buttons by icons to consume food and drinks - I find myself using these more often that shadows - I can post it if people are interested...

--Pheebau
Ooh, great idea for those two buttons. I don't ever use the shadow either.
Unread 04-06-2006, 02:34 PM
A Grove Wisp

Crash,

I didn't understand what you meant by pet spells at first. You're referring to spells you commonly use with your pet, like pet heal and pet stances and such?

You didn't mention, one thing. Did the control panel let you scale the maintained effects like you wanted?

P.S. There's a Quote button at the bottom right of every post that starts a reply with the other post quoted
Closed Thread