Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-17-2006, 08:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNiStEr_NaTiOn
As I'm trying to learn how to build UI, I like the info center, my first expiernce with it is in the Fetish Nightfall.

I'm using the default to learn off from. and have a copy of all the files from the default folder into my custom folder.

I have everything in place in the UI I'm trying to learn to build. But how can I access the info center. I know in Fetish Nightfall I could bring up the recipe window and click on the ? to bring it up.
--
Once you're in the game, you can call up the info center any time you like by typing "/show_window Journals.InfoCenter" (or by creating a macro to do it for you).
--
Shown on the download page.
try renaming the fine to something like eq2ui_journals_newcenter.xml
new you can use: /show_window Journals.InewCenter
good luck
Unread 11-18-2006, 12:18 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Kithicor

i could do that but eventually i would forget. I use the map updater, can I set it up by clicking on the question mark that use to be used for heelp to bering up the info center, if so how would i go about doing it. If i have to edit the xml file for it, I can do that but i need to know how to set it up in the xml file and what file would be involved in that process.
Unread 11-18-2006, 04:44 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default black screen since EoF

I too am having difficulties since EoF, my infocenter now only shows a black screen. I'm running on Landlin's Extreme ui atm, but it was working fine before the update. I've tried downloading the newest infocenter pack, even went in and took everything out and redid, still, just a black screen. I'm lost as to what to do, and landlin advixed me to come here. Please, any advice on where to check?
Unread 11-20-2006, 03:17 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

I know that it's tough to keep everything up to date, the game is changing so much all the time. I went through and updated the bones/shards colection page with the current information. These were all checked in-game as of 11/18/2006.

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
Attached Files
File Type: txt colbonesshards.txt (4.6 KB, 430 views)
Unread 11-21-2006, 05:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoknjoes41
I too am having difficulties since EoF, my infocenter now only shows a black screen. I'm running on Landlin's Extreme ui atm, but it was working fine before the update. I've tried downloading the newest infocenter pack, even went in and took everything out and redid, still, just a black screen. I'm lost as to what to do, and landlin advixed me to come here. Please, any advice on where to check?
I am having the same problem. Using Extreme UI as well. I downloaded infocenter myself like he said and extraced the files to the extreme UI folder. When I try to open the infocenter through the button in the extreme UI or manually by using "/show_window Journals.InfoCenter" I get a black screen. It shows nothing except all black. I've tried everything. I dont know what to do at this point.

EDIT: Landiin said he forgot to take the old info center files out and he will do that tonight so i'm hoping that solves the black screen problem. Alot of ppl posted in the Extreme thread about the black screen so I think the fix is only on his end. I will post an update if it still shows up as a black screen after the Extreme UI update tonight. Take care, love the infocenter!

Last edited by Smut : 11-22-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Unread 11-23-2006, 09:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Angry

i guess im just stupid, i have done every thing step by step and have read the help forums and i do the command to bring up the window and NOTHING happens! only UI extra I have is EQ2 map for POIs.
Unread 11-23-2006, 09:53 AM
A Griffon

Default case sensitive

just a thought that may help - assuming you have it installed correctly - make sure you're typing the command exactly as I have it here - its case sensitive and has to match perfectly:

/show_window MainHud.Journals.Infocenter

hope that helps !
Unread 11-23-2006, 10:15 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefang
its case sensitive and has to match perfectly:

/show_window Journals.InfoCenter
Fixed it for you.

Last edited by gm9 : 11-23-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Unread 11-23-2006, 10:18 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default problem with adding to notes

Im using profitUI. Anyway it inculdes Milquetowst InfoCenter, I had this before LU#29 and I could add to notes and it worked just fine. Reinstalled the Profit reborn UI and tried editing the notes. No luck at all. Its just showing its default notes. To edit notes go to etc etc.... please help!
Unread 11-23-2006, 02:57 PM
A Griffon

More updates....

I've added pages for the various new signature quests, but as with most of the pages for the new heritage quests, they're blank at the moment. I'll add actual walk-thrus as soon as eq2.ogaming.com gets complete versions up.

I've added basic info on religion in Norrath, as well as a list of the gods who can currently be worshipped. I've also added an overview of secondary tradeskills (tinkering and transmuting) and adornments. The files are not intended to be exhaustive by any stretch of the imagination, but they should at least help to clear up some of the more common sources of confusion regarding how all the new stuff works.

Finally, I've updated a great many other pages with bits and pieces of EoF-related info. But there's still lots more to be added, so work (and play) continues....

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)

And by the way, Happy Thanksgiving!
Unread 11-24-2006, 11:46 AM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

here is some info i posted for my guild on our site... i figured you could use it for the infocenter... most include reward information, and they all have links to either ogaming or the walkthrough thread in the official eq2 forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansfrid
eof heritage quests

well met, knightshift member! i've done a little bit of research on the official eq2 forums and different eq2 sites, and have compiled this list of heritage quests available in echoes of faydwer. there is enough information available at this time for you to start any of these.

in honor and service
reward: dwarven ringmail tunic, +20,766 SP, +10,000 Irontoe Brigade
level: 15
starter: captain r.k. irontoe @ greater faydark - near the old kelethin acorn lift
[ ogaming | eq2forum ]

war and wardrobe
reward: robe of the oracle
level: 35
starter: ancient koada'dal brooch, dropped by aqua goblin oracles @ butcherblock mountains - +785, +50, +215
[ ogaming | eq2forum ]

the staff of the observers
reward: staff of the observers, 49600 SP
level: 50
starter: old telescopic lens, dropped by lvl 40+ kobolds @ steamfont mountains - grikbar crater and mines
[ ogaming ]

casualties of the war of the fae
reward: rain caller, 60,200 SP
level: 60
starter: master bowyer mossberge @ greater faydark - kelethin
[ ogaming ]

the symbol in the flesh
reward: crested mistmoore shield, 77,400 SP
level: 68
starter: glyph tatooed flesh, dropped by glyphed ghouls @ loping plains
[ eq2forum ]

hope this also helps anyone who stumbles across this post.

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>

Last edited by anfrey : 11-24-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Unread 11-24-2006, 11:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Black box issue in ExtremeUI was fixed and a quick question

Just a quick update, I had posted a couple days ago about the Infocenter not working as intended and showing up as a black box in Extreme UI. It turned out to be an ExtremeUI only issue as Landiin has fixed whatever was causing the problem and its now back to normal and working better then ever. We all appreciate the updates you do and hope to see more coming as more and more info/guides/strategies regarding new EoF stuff is available.

One more thing...my question is will you ever or have you thought about making some kind of control panel or program where files will update automatically for infocenter or are updates not that frequent to warrant something like that? Was just curious as i'm so used to the infocenter files being pushed through the Extreme AUCP. I assume I should re download the infocenter.zip everytime you make a change or updates, etc. ?
Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!
Unread 11-25-2006, 12:31 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Kithicor

Well i had over came my problem, i downloaded a EQ2 start button that has the Info Center in it, so I can access the Info Center very easy.
Unread 11-26-2006, 08:20 PM
A Coastal Crab

The file "eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml" is missing from the current available .Zip file.. Either I'm blind or it's missing because I scoured the entire zip folder and did not find it. Took me the last hour to figure out why I was unable to find the window in game and finally looked through the zip folder and noticed the file wasn't in the folder at all.

*****Edit*****

having reviewed the last 10 posts I found that the UI command is actually /show_window Journals.InfoCenter and not a Mainhud... I'm a huge Novice to this so it was a large headache for me not to know this without scouring the thread for the correct command..

Note: I do hope the "information" on how to install this Modification/Addon will be modified to show that the command to open this window will reflect as "/show_window Journals.InfoCenter"

Last edited by Platinum : 11-26-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Unread 11-26-2006, 08:33 PM
A Griffon

The current version doesn't use that file. It has it's own window now and is independant of that particular file.

In the zip you should have:

eq2ui_journals.xml
eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml
infocenter folder
Unread 11-26-2006, 08:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum
The file "eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml" is missing from the current available .Zip file.
Um, that file hasn't existed since late January, when it was pointed out to me that it would be easier to have the Info Center called from the seldom-updated "eq2ui_journals.xml" file rather than from the frequently-updated "eq2ui_mainhud.xml" file.

-- Darryl
Unread 11-30-2006, 11:00 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Any plans for an auto updating control panel/program for Infocenter?

I asked this a few days ago but I didnt get a response. Not sure if you missed it or whatever. Do you plan on or have you thought about making an auto updating control panel for info center where files are updated automatically? Or are updates not frequent enough to warrant something like that?

I assume anytime there is an update that I need to re download the info center zip right? I just want to make sure as I had ExtremeUI update the files automatically for a long time so I wanted to doublecheck. Thanks!
Unread 11-30-2006, 11:10 AM
A Grassland Beetle

A new update requires a fresh download, yes. As for an auto-updater, no clue what DBurgdorf may have planned, and that does sound very cool, but I'd be worried about it overwriting files I've customized, like the Notes. Which I guess is a risk of any ui you mod after installing, but then, I think all individual-piece mods require a fresh download for updates.
Unread 11-30-2006, 11:21 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Just right click any file you customized, go to properties and set it to read-only. Prevents accidental overwrites when updating.
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:02 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smut
Do you plan on or have you thought about making an auto updating control panel for info center where files are updated automatically?
I seem to average about three updates per month, so I'm not sure that they're really frequent enough to make an auto-updater necessary. That having been said, it's certainly not a bad idea, regardless. There's just one small problem: I haven't a clue how to create such a thing.

-- Darryl
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum
I do hope the "information" on how to install this Modification/Addon will be modified to show that the command to open this window will reflect as "/show_window Journals.InfoCenter"
That information has in fact been clearly included on the Info Center's download page all along. Unless you've been using it without an update since January, I'm frankly not sure where you got the old command from in the first place.

-- Darryl

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 11-30-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:28 PM
A Griffon

Just in case anyone's interested, or just missed this, here is a great little mod so that you don't even need the command or a macro:

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4395
Unread 12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Got back into the game today, first time in over a week, and all my UI mods were disabled. The only change I had made since last log-on was to install the latest Info Center, so I removed the eq2ui_journals.xml and eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml files and reloaded. Everything worked again (except the info center, of course). Ockham's Razor, the problem is most likely here.

Here's the text from the ui log:

Code:
Couldn't load eq2ui_listboxrow_template2.xml
 :: Could not access resource eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml
 :: Failed to load data from included resource: eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml
Encountered tag in tag 'Body', tags of that type cannot contain other tags
Encountered </Text> which does not close open container '' of type name
Encountered tag in tag '', tags of that type cannot contain other tags
Encountered </Page> which does not close open container '' of type name
 :: Could not access resource eq2ui_journals_nightvision.xml
 :: Failed to load data from included resource: eq2ui_journals_nightvision.xml
 :: Could not access resource eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml
 :: Failed to load data from included resource: eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml
 :: End of file encountered, container '' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'Body' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'o' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'Task' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'TIWIKE' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'Task' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'Miscellany' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'TabPages' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'InfoCenter' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'Journals' was not closed
 :: End of file encountered, container 'root' was not closed
Couldn't load .xml
 :: Could not access resource eq2ui_Journals_InfoCenter.xml
Hope that helps!
Unread 12-06-2006, 11:59 AM
A Coastal Crab

Question One question

I love InfoCenter, great mod and I find myself using it alot. However I do have one issue that may not even be related to Infocenter itself as much as to my EQ2map setup: All the quests etc in InfoCenter only give 2 coordinates for locations, which means I can't make a way point or anything in EQ2map, as it uses 3 coordinates. I also notice that some of the locations given have the first 2 coordinates, or 1 & 3, but not the 2nd (1,2,3 for example may look like 1,2 or 1,3 in the quest lists) Was wondering if I was the only one with this issue. I have Infocenter, Eq2map, and Milquetowst Clock & Compass as my only UI add ins. Again Love the Infocenter, please keep up the good work.
Unread 12-06-2006, 02:23 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodrelhai
...The only change I had made since last log-on was to install the latest Info Center...
From your posted error log, its clear you were in fact running a StartButton mod not a part of InfoCenter. Based on this file reference "eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml" I'm guessing Goldi's ComandCenter or some dirivitive of it. That mod very likely included a Journals.Inventory window which was incompatable with the EOF update. When that mod failed to load, it prevented other stuff in the Journals branch from loading, like InfoCenter.

When you restored the default eq2ui_journals.xml file, it just happened to also disable the problem window. To the best of my knowledge, InfoCenter alone did not break or cause breakage with the EOF release.