EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 07-12-2006, 05:12 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

That doesn't sound like an issue with the ThorUI itself, as that particular window is not modified by the UI. Perhaps a full system file scan (via the Preferences section on the game's lauchpad) will correct the issue?

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 07-12-2006, 05:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I have been using the mod for 1 week now and all i can say is congratulations on a really well developed application.

I am having a problem with the consider (or con as somebody like to say it). I know there are two con systems , one simple and one advanced. If i select the simple con then i am unable to view any arrows of mobs or NPCs. Arrows can be seen in advanced mode with no problem at all, but whenever advanced con is activated the lvl bubble next to the mobs names or opposing players is gone. So i am in a situation where i have to click on an opposing player to check his lvl. Or mouseover him/her. Is there any work around on this issue?
Unread 07-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) has it coded that way and I'm not aware of a way to change that.

I knot what you mean though...
It's nice to have the lvl visable AND have the arrows visable.

Would be nice to be able to have both.

Technically, I may be able to do that but that would be yet another option for the target and implied target windows as I'm sure some wouldn't want the change to effect them.

I'll look into the posibilities.
I have quite a list of enhancements i've added up that i'm looking forward to implementing.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 07-13-2006, 09:04 AM
A Griffon

Is there a way you can set ThorUI to NOT play the start movie every time? i have tried editing the eq2.ini file, but the AU just re-edits it and removes the line I added. If there's somewhere to already check that, I'm sorry. I did a search but couldn't find any information on that.
Unread 07-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Another great idea.

I have no idea currently since it's a default EQ2 thing but i'll certainly add it to my list of items to look into.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 07-13-2006, 12:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default ThorUI compatible with LU25?

Just logged in after patching to LU25. I open my inventory window, and no equipment is displayed. It looks like I'm naked, but I'm really not. I'm still wearing my equipment, as I can see my character is not naked, and my stats are normal. Any updates available?
Unread 07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default ThorUI inventory not supported with new patch

no matter what I try to do I keep getting a popup ingame saying that I need to update my UI for the inventory or revert back to default as its not supported by the new patch as of this morning. Ive tried deleting just the inventory files out of the ThorUI folder and everything. Whats gunna happen with this? and does anyone have any ideas how to fix this as I cant see anything inventory related....kinda hard to play when you cant see your armor weapons or money. I dont want to revert to default as this is the best UI ever and default is horrible
Unread 07-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

1.) Run the ThorUI AU and let it update your inventory window
Note: If you were using "Jaxel's Inventory window you will need to either 1.) switch to my version or 2.) use another author's version separate from the ThorUI.

FYI on the original post that contains all this information...
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-13-2006, 03:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

the only UI im using is ThorUI i dont have any other plug ins at all....I did try to do the update and it didnt help. I even tried deleting only the inventory files out of the ThorUI folder then tried the update button and then even ran a whole system scan at login..nothing is working at all
Unread 07-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Check your currently selected features.
I use to supply "Jaxel's" Inventory Window then he retired from authoring some time ago. Due to multiple requests i continued to offer and update his mod as an inventory option within the ThorUI (Note: you had to manually change this to get his version)
I'm guessing you probably liked his mod better than mine when you originally installed and setup the ThorUI.
Just go into features and select my version instead of his.

You "shouldn't" need to do the typical (delete the thorui folder and allow it to pull everything back down) to get this to work. It should be automatic IF you change to my feature.

Another option is to just delete the "eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml" in the thorui folder altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnelaith
the only UI im using is ThorUI i dont have any other plug ins at all....I did try to do the update and it didnt help. I even tried deleting only the inventory files out of the ThorUI folder then tried the update button and then even ran a whole system scan at login..nothing is working at all
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 07-13-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Unread 07-13-2006, 03:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I just went and looked at what you were talking about and I had yours check marked not the other one...and looking at the picture that comes with the option it was yours i was using...I will try to redownload your program and see if that fixes it i suppose.
Unread 07-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I just updated the main ThorUI AU Info page "The page you see when you launch the ThorUI AU" with more detailed informaion regarding what steps must be taken if you were using the Jaxel feature.

I've also completely removed the Jaxel's Inventory option from the features section.

Hopefully this will make the transition a bit easier.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-13-2006, 06:13 PM
A Griffawn

Default Nice UI

Awesome job mate. I was irritated with SoE for some of the new changes, so seeing as you are always on the ball, I switched to using ThorUI. My GF has been using it for quite awhile and is very very happy with it.
So with that said just a few comments. First, with the new update, the quest helper no longer works. It is all black, shows title of quest you have selected, but thats it I'm afraid.
Second, could you think about including as an option or as the default, the click-a-cure player window/group window with the UI? I play a Mystic and that is an invaluable mod to have and use. Especially in raids.
I guess the only real thing left to ask for is a dual pane broker window like Zonx has done up. I was using EliteUI prior to ThorUI and it is mainly based off of Zonx's work, which is awesome.
Keep up the good work and I hope to be using this UI for a long time.

Drunador
Unread 07-13-2006, 06:49 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Another great idea.

I have no idea currently since it's a default EQ2 thing but i'll certainly add it to my list of items to look into.
Well I know to remove it you could just add the line:

cl_movie_enabled 0

To the eq2.ini file. I dunno if you just wanna add a checkbox to enable/disable the movie, and that would change which eq2.ini file to update to (with or without that line included). Getting really tired of seeing it every time, but I love my Thor and my auto updates, so I put up with it hehe.
Unread 07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelya
Is there a way you can set ThorUI to NOT play the start movie every time? i have tried editing the eq2.ini file, but the AU just re-edits it and removes the line I added. If there's somewhere to already check that, I'm sorry. I did a search but couldn't find any information on that.
You could just do what I do....that being clicking past everything (the movie and following advertisements) to the actual loading process.

/shrug

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 07-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thanks for the kind words.
Group Window: I'm deffinately going to include the click to cure group window option. (very soon)
Quest Helper: Mine works and everyone i've talked to that uses the ThorUI isn't having an issue with it currently. (I've had a few other people report this issue before though. Possibly the AU goofs up on it.) Try deleting the thorui folder and let it redownload everything. It will pull down all your prior selections again. Another possibility although doubtful, maybeyour window placements file.
Broker window: I'll look into it.
Honestly i've been so busy i hadn't noticed any other author's mods lately so i'll deffinately try and get back up to date on their great ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunador
Awesome job mate. I was irritated with SoE for some of the new changes, so seeing as you are always on the ball, I switched to using ThorUI. My GF has been using it for quite awhile and is very very happy with it.
So with that said just a few comments. First, with the new update, the quest helper no longer works. It is all black, shows title of quest you have selected, but thats it I'm afraid.
Second, could you think about including as an option or as the default, the click-a-cure player window/group window with the UI? I play a Mystic and that is an invaluable mod to have and use. Especially in raids.
I guess the only real thing left to ask for is a dual pane broker window like Zonx has done up. I was using EliteUI prior to ThorUI and it is mainly based off of Zonx's work, which is awesome.
Keep up the good work and I hope to be using this UI for a long time.

Drunador
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

hehe thanks for the info you saved me the time to research it.
I'll deffinately add it.
I'd guess about 90%+ click past it so i don't see any issues with making it standard.
If a ThorUI user wants the move they can just remove the line and ensure the "do not update if..." is selected.

Thanks again for your positive feedback, suggestions, and the info!

--Edit--
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelya
Well I know to remove it you could just add the line:

cl_movie_enabled 0

To the eq2.ini file. I dunno if you just wanna add a checkbox to enable/disable the movie, and that would change which eq2.ini file to update to (with or without that line included). Getting really tired of seeing it every time, but I love my Thor and my auto updates, so I put up with it hehe.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 07-13-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Unread 07-14-2006, 07:29 PM
A Coastal Crab

Thorui is great i love it, but just recently i have discovered 2 problems i dont know how to fix.

firstly, in one of my alt tab moods i've switched back into the game and my experience bar made up of personal xp, guild xp and tradskill xp is half the size of what it usually is. which is kinda cool, but its just that little bit too small for me to be able to read, how can i make it a bit bigger?

and for the important one, i have been unable thus far to be able to get a manual version of eq2map and thorui. I've found plenty of places to teach you how to install the automatic version, but this is not an option for me, so please dont say just download that version. Any idea's would be extremely helpful, cos after a week i've given up searching and trying, and unfortunately eq2map > thorui and i dont want to have to remove thorui because i've grown to love it.
Unread 07-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Cancel the ThorUI AU auto update and go into the features section.
Choose the full size XP bar
You may need to delete "eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml" from the thorui folder in order to get it to download the next time you launch the ThorUI AU.

eq2map manual download version...
When you download it and extract it you should have a bunch of files in a folder called eq2map.
Simply take all of those files and place them in the EverQuest II\UI\thorui folder
That's all there is to it.

Let me know if you run into any trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spono
Thorui is great i love it, but just recently i have discovered 2 problems i dont know how to fix.

firstly, in one of my alt tab moods i've switched back into the game and my experience bar made up of personal xp, guild xp and tradskill xp is half the size of what it usually is. which is kinda cool, but its just that little bit too small for me to be able to read, how can i make it a bit bigger?

and for the important one, i have been unable thus far to be able to get a manual version of eq2map and thorui. I've found plenty of places to teach you how to install the automatic version, but this is not an option for me, so please dont say just download that version. Any idea's would be extremely helpful, cos after a week i've given up searching and trying, and unfortunately eq2map > thorui and i dont want to have to remove thorui because i've grown to love it.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-16-2006, 12:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Problem with the TImer

Upon using the auto updater everything so far runs smoothly except the timer. The Built in timer that you use by clicking the appropiate amount of secs or minutes ... i.e. for mob casting etc. When the window comes up you can see the secs but the bars are black and i dont get the additional box thats listed in the "..." button on the auto updater anyway to fix this am i doing somthing wrong that would cause this to happen.
Unread 08-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'd recommend deleting the thorui folder in the EverQuest II\UI folder
Then relaunch the ThorUI AU and let it pull everything back down.
It's possible the updater pulled down a graphic dds file and corrupted it.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-16-2006, 08:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Timer window

Okay i reloaded and upon adjusting the mouse over opacity etc i can see somewhat the markers and the timers is there a setting i need to have this on to see the timer consistantly when i mouse over it all gets dark again. Also what about the big box thats displayed on the "..." in the advanced option i dont see that box at all . The one thats listed under the slider picture.
Unread 08-16-2006, 08:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Greetings all,

I was just given a Gateway 19" FPD1975W TFT LCD Monitor (HD Wide Screen) Since I hooked it up when I am in game all the Font's are way out of proportion and I can not seem to get them to scale down to be able to read everything. I have played with the Display settings but that does not seem to be helping.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 1280x1024 is my current setting..

Thanks,
Unread 08-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Click the little button in the lower left hand corner of each timer to bring up the cfg screen.

Not sure why it's "getting dark" with mouse over though...
Default is to show at full opacity at all times.
May want to move the window settings sliders all the way up as they must have been adjusted to hide the window at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyricaldiva
Okay i reloaded and upon adjusting the mouse over opacity etc i can see somewhat the markers and the timers is there a setting i need to have this on to see the timer consistantly when i mouse over it all gets dark again. Also what about the big box thats displayed on the "..." in the advanced option i dont see that box at all . The one thats listed under the slider picture.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I play at that same resolution minus the widescreen...
I'm guessing you may need to adjust your screen res to accomodate playing in wide screen mode.
Perhaps 1280x960 or 1280x800
I'm just guessing though.
Maybe someone else who plays in widescreen and who can assist you better will respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrain
Greetings all,

I was just given a Gateway 19" FPD1975W TFT LCD Monitor (HD Wide Screen) Since I hooked it up when I am in game all the Font's are way out of proportion and I can not seem to get them to scale down to be able to read everything. I have played with the Display settings but that does not seem to be helping.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 1280x1024 is my current setting..

Thanks,
Forums

Got Guild?