EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 07-12-2005, 12:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I really love the target and implied target windows you have in your Bastion of Flames SS, is there any way I could download ones like that?
Unread 07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default no heritege hints

I downloaded the journal mod. It workds great and looks fine. However, when I click on the heritege tab, I get no walk-throughs. I JUST got this today so I would think it would be the most current version.

Any suggestions?
Unread 07-12-2005, 06:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoderik
I downloaded the journal mod. It workds great and looks fine. However, when I click on the heritege tab, I get no walk-throughs. I JUST got this today so I would think it would be the most current version.

Any suggestions?

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3691
install, enjoy...
Unread 07-13-2005, 12:06 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I just downloaed your jounrnal UI it looks great but I dont knwo what i did wrong, the writs and heritage tabs are blank, can you tell me what i did wrong.
Unread 07-13-2005, 02:24 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkee
I just downloaed your jounrnal UI it looks great but I dont knwo what i did wrong, the writs and heritage tabs are blank, can you tell me what i did wrong.
Ermm..wow.

Look one post above you...

kthx
Unread 07-13-2005, 08:15 AM
A Berserk Golem

Jaxel can you make a player window similar to your Target Window in appearance.

I like the theme.
Unread 07-13-2005, 08:24 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoderik
The problem most of you are having is that you are not installing it correctly. You must have a /heritage and /writ sub-directory in your /OCD directory with the heritage and writ files inside of it for it to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corren Silverfir
Jaxel can you make a player window similar to your Target Window in appearance. I like the theme.
Working on it =P
Unread 07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Hi there,

thx for the startbutton mod but I´ve a problem too and can´t fix it after a few hours. First I use the german version of EQII. I´m not shure if it´s the parser or the game but some changes in the grafic settings weren´t saved correctly. I tried it 5 times and I always have diffrenent setting in my custompreset.xml than in the recent.ini. F.e the "atmospheric effects", when I check all 3, they are never changed, most oft the time only the first and the third, or only the second has been saved. Under the option "water", "water interaction" checked its also saved sometimes and sometimes not. Under "flora", "flora displacement" is the same.

Another question is which file will be loaded after I start the game, there is no button "active" only when I click on one he will be "highlighted"

Maybe you could insert a how to file in your dl, because some things should be explained, f.e that you need to locate in the parser to the video folder and NOT to the UI folder like the parser helpfile said.

Hope everythings is clear what I want to say ^^

Thx
Rass
Unread 07-13-2005, 02:19 PM
A Dragoon Sith

If you read the patch notes, you will see that many things have changed with directories to my mods. You will also see that it says to DELETE the old files, including the parser. The parser is not set up for my start button and will only **** up your installations.
Unread 07-13-2005, 03:34 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default small request

love the clock/compass mod - best one out there for sure,

I do have one small request on it - was wondering if you might make a 3/4 size version ? - just the 2 round parts not the text area between - its too big for the spot I want to put it and my sizing attempts havent quite worked out lol.

thanks for a great bunch of mods - I use most of em
Unread 07-13-2005, 09:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Downloaded the complete mod today. Everything works great. Only problem I have is I run a second chat window to put all my combat spam in it. But everytime I log into EQ2, this window has disappeared and I have to reopen the window, and go through it and recheck everything I want sent to this second chat box. Is there a fix for this?

Sorry if it was posted before, I scanned most the topic's and seen a few others with the problem, but no answer to it.
Unread 07-13-2005, 10:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

use tabs in your chats, its easier. and i never lose mine.
Unread 07-14-2005, 04:24 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
If you read the patch notes, you will see that many things have changed with directories to my mods. You will also see that it says to DELETE the old files, including the parser. The parser is not set up for my start button and will only **** up your installations.

Hi Jaxel, you´re right, I read the patch notes and I did the things right I mean but it takes time to find out that i need to change the position of the 1st button to 150,60 and and and ..... I only thought it would be easier für others when there would be a helpfile how to use the parser with your mod.

One question you didn´t answer was which file will be loaded on startup of the game and when it´s a custom.xml mustn´t it be highlighted in your mod?

And when I change to another custom setting during gameplay and leave the game will these settings be saved in the recent.ini?

Many thx
Rass
Unread 07-14-2005, 05:41 AM
A Coastal Crab

hello jaxel ,
i use some parts of uour interface but i've a problems . Since i use it my skill's window is black , any information of my skills . And if i stopped the custom , i can read skill .
Can you help me ?
Thx
Unread 07-14-2005, 09:35 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellissir
hello jaxel ,
i use some parts of uour interface but i've a problems . Since i use it my skill's window is black , any information of my skills . And if i stopped the custom , i can read skill .
Can you help me ?
Thx
You dont read instructions. I've answered enough about the skills window, hundreds of people in the forums have. Search for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rass
And when I change to another custom setting during gameplay and leave the game will these settings be saved in the recent.ini?
Rass, you should not be using /loadui, follow the instructions on the third post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin
Downloaded the complete mod today. Everything works great. Only problem I have is I run a second chat window to put all my combat spam in it. But everytime I log into EQ2, this window has disappeared and I have to reopen the window, and go through it and recheck everything I want sent to this second chat box. Is there a fix for this?
If you have the "second chat window" problem that many people have (which has absolutely nothing to do with what UI you use), you should delete your character's INI file and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rass
Hi Jaxel, you´re right, I read the patch notes and I did the things right I mean but it takes time to find out that i need to change the position of the 1st button to 150,60 and and and ..... I only thought it would be easier für others when there would be a helpfile how to use the parser with your mod.
DONT USE THE PARSER!
Unread 07-15-2005, 11:15 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Great UI!

Jaxel,

Awesome work on the UI. I just decided to come back to EQ2 and your mod has made the experience all the more worth it.

Only thing that I see that would need a tweak is the group window. The numbering should read F2 - F6. Is there a way that I can make this edit or is it something that you would need to do?

Other then that little modification, I truly love the mod!

Fenith
Unread 07-15-2005, 12:36 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Jaxel,

I know a way to fix the start button window so that your users can use the parser!
By using 3 blank pages at the bottom of the Z order each page has the <include> for preset file 1 to 3
Place the pages in the parent where your buttons are but line the pages up so it is actualy location 3,2 and not 150,60 for the 1st button etc etc

Unread 07-17-2005, 10:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Maintained spells window is gone.

Hi,

I've used your UI alsmost since you posted it. I echo the previous posters praise on the great job you've done, it has made my playtime more enjoyable.

I've had only one problem since I've started using it. I haven't seen anything in your thread posted about it. After I download your new updates everything works great. But after I log then comeback my 'maintained spells' window is gone. The only way I get it back is by doing a /loadui. But of course when I do this I have to replace everthing, and as soon as I log again and come back its gone. Btw my spell effects window is there but the Maintained spells is the one missing.

Thanks for your help and a great UI

Drin
25 Mystic - Oasis server
Unread 07-17-2005, 10:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

doesnt alt+m bring that up?
Unread 07-17-2005, 11:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Um yeah that worked. Wow all this time and that was all I had to do. Thanks for the help. Man I feel real dumb.

Drin
Unread 07-19-2005, 01:34 AM
A Grizzled Badger

ok i know there is an easy fix for this but I dont remember it....

Basically every time I log in my chat windows are gone....I can bring up my normal window but when I bring up my second window (which has all my combat and other spam) it doesnt keep any of the tabs or anything....

So what do I do to fix it?
Unread 07-20-2005, 03:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Default skills window

yay, as just as soon as Jaxel fixes the problem with the skills window, SoE goes and changes it on the 7/20 update
Unread 07-21-2005, 12:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Installed the UI tonight and I love it!....cept one thing. the mob target and assist windows are waayy too big. Is there anyway I can resize this?**EDIT** I put the small window in from your pieces download, works great...**EDIT**

The target windows are utilizing the old ^^ type con system. Is there a way to turn on the new system?
The sound also keep resetting to default with each login.

thanks and awesome setup.

Last edited by upayme77 : 07-22-2005 at 10:49 AM.
Unread 07-22-2005, 10:05 AM
A Brown Bear

Fantastic UI, Jaxel. I hope you understand how much your work in creating, maintaining and constantly troubleshooting this UI is appreciated by all of us.

My problem is fairly simple...I've checked all of the posts in this thread and can find only one other mention of this problem, and it was answered by someone else. Unfortunately, it didn't help me.

Whenever I log into any character, either from login or charcter select, the music is on. I hate the music. The music is the devil trying to tempt me into killing my boss at work. It doesn't have to try much harder. I have used both the options window as well as the drop down in your start menu to reduce the music (and combat music) to zero however as soon as I switch characters, it's back. PLEASE, help me stop the music!

Thanks!
Unread 07-22-2005, 10:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Default OCD LU 12 ready?

i was just wondering if it works with LU 12 before i downloaded