Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 12-19-2006, 06:21 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Hi,

Had a odd problem with the ui (3.0.2), got no resurrection dialog once my other members in the group tried to resurrect me. Works with default ui.

Known issue?
Unread 12-19-2006, 08:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Grobb

Bloodthief: There is an updated version of the Profit UI. Try installing that and it should work.
Unread 12-20-2006, 10:47 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Befallen

Just noticed there is no 0 if the XP is 10%, 20%, 30%, etc... the 0 shows in the .xx spot, but not in the main one if it's one of the above. Also, the Target & Implied Windows aren't the same with 3 rows of buffs showing. I wanted to try to put those windows at the bottom instead of the 'quick-health' one that shows self / target / implied.
Unread 12-20-2006, 12:38 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixoth
Hi,

Had a odd problem with the ui (3.0.2), got no resurrection dialog once my other members in the group tried to resurrect me. Works with default ui.

Known issue?
This is a recurrent bug on SOE's end, i've had it on every ui i've used. Usually occurs if you go LD then come back and die.

There's a command to bring up the death window, sorry but off the top of my head I can't recall it, something like /show_window mainHUD.Death
Unread 12-20-2006, 12:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Grobb

Part of this has been discussed here: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7195
Unread 12-20-2006, 01:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

The auto assist on group member is really a pain for a healer. Is there a way to remove this feature ?

The chat windows can't save the rights channel on the right tab (it was working on default ui) and the channels are all mess now...

How can I have a bigger inventory windows. I'm playing in 1680 but what is the point to have so little windows with such a huge screen ? The persona window is too small to.
Unread 12-20-2006, 01:48 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Splitpaw
Red face Collections to favororites combobox in broker window

Edit: redownload the attachment. I corrected some of the EOF items to be as collection item type - as they should be - but they were not, prior LU 30.

I decided to make this public after a some thinking. Place this file to the profitui - it'll replace the favorites 3 combo box in broker interface with collection item sets. Can be handy if you're collection fetish like me.

Remember to backup the older favorites file, before replacing it.

You can use the file in your compilations but remember to grant credit to original authors.

Cheers, Ix.
Attached Files
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Market_Favorites3.txt (27.3 KB, 229 views)

Last edited by ixoth : 12-20-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Unread 12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

Question

Noticed an annoying change to the hotbars after update today. The backdrop is not scaling properly with the "Icon size". I noticed it because I set the opacity to black so a couple empty spots I have on them don't show movement. I set my Icons to size 30 so I can fit 5 bars in the middle botton of my screen comfortably. However with the update there is now an overlap of the backdrop that sticks down below the hotbar covering part of the hotbar below it. It looks like it sticks down about 1/5 the size of the hight of the hotbar so the is like adding a whole new hotbar as far as spacing goes so I don't have any dead spots hanging over the bars.

I didn't notice any way to change the backdrop sive but I am new to the eq2 ui's and could have over looked something.
Unread 12-20-2006, 08:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Anyone else having problems with the pet window and god pets? My pet window shows 'no pet' when I have my zek pet up. No pet parking....
Unread 12-20-2006, 08:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin42
Anyone else having problems with the pet window and god pets? My pet window shows 'no pet' when I have my zek pet up. No pet parking....

I'm pretty sure this is a "bug" fix, you were never supposed to be allowed to control the god pets I don't think
Unread 12-21-2006, 03:58 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalon
Noticed an annoying change to the hotbars after update today. The backdrop is not scaling properly with the "Icon size". I noticed it because I set the opacity to black so a couple empty spots I have on them don't show movement. I set my Icons to size 30 so I can fit 5 bars in the middle botton of my screen comfortably. However with the update there is now an overlap of the backdrop that sticks down below the hotbar covering part of the hotbar below it. It looks like it sticks down about 1/5 the size of the hight of the hotbar so the is like adding a whole new hotbar as far as spacing goes so I don't have any dead spots hanging over the bars.

I didn't notice any way to change the backdrop sive but I am new to the eq2 ui's and could have over looked something.
I have the same problem, damm

---
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:44 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Nagafen

Sorry to bother but first things first.. this UI rocks. It's the best IMO, at least for me!

Secondly, since I moved to ProfitUI I cannot seem to access my Achievement's panel. I know it's scripted because the .xml is available yet it does not appear using the default key L or even clicking the button off the Persona panel. I've tried to search the various ProfitUI threads but have failed to find anything related to this; maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Does anyone know why it might not be displaying?

Third, EQ2Map.. the plugin works fine and displays the map however the panel borders and options are all black. Now I had the option to NOT update some file from another UI and I've re-installed everything from the ProfitUI and EQ2Map in hopes that this fixes the problems. Just wondering as again, aside from the Achievement panel not showing and the black panel for the EQ2Map HUD this ui is awesome. Any help would greatly be appriciated!

Thanks, Ictinike
Unread 12-21-2006, 10:31 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Hotbars

I am also having the problem with the hotbars leaving a "footprint" behind. It seems like the "window" for each hotbar is scaled to a certain size, which cannot be modified. When you scale the icons to a smaller size, they will scale down, but there is a chunk of deadspace left behind which doesn't scale down with the icons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 1 ][ 2 ][ 3 ][ 4 ][ 5 ][ 6 ][ 7 ][ 8 ][ 9 ][ 10][ - ][ = ]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DEAD SPACE LEFT OVER <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully the above graphic explains what is happening after resizing icons to something smaller. The icons and the padding both work as intended and are scaleable, but the overall size of the window (the ---- outline) doesn't resize.

<edit> The "windows" automatically rescale in the horizontal axis, but not the vertical axis.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Unread 12-21-2006, 11:28 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

I don't use the ProfitUI but I've always respected and admired GMs work so I'm posting a link to a general thread about the hotbar issue. Hopefully he can figure out what is going on and help us get things back on track.

Also, there's a pic of this particular problem from a ProfitUI user if it helps any.

Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Link
Unread 12-21-2006, 11:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Valor

I had the same problem with the overlapping quick bars and i found some kind of "work around".
The problem seems to be the padding between the cells which doesnt probably scale with the icon size.
What i did now was to move the affected quick bar to some free space and i started adjusting the width, size of icons and padding.
And what happened was that after some tuning i found some settings which resulted in a quick bar about the same width and height as before, but with slightly smaller icons.
This procedure worked quite well for all my guild mates right now, so there's hope it works for you as well It just takes some time to find the right settings.
Unread 12-21-2006, 11:44 AM
A Griffon

My padding settings are set to 0 and the problem only occurs on the bottom of the bars. Both sides and the top are perfectly fine. I've tried all sorts of resizing techniques and none of them worked. I spent over 4 hours on this issue alone yesterday. The only way to get rid of the bottom dead space was to reposition each bar to take up more than 1 row, which I don't want. I like to have each bar extend horizontally with 12 buttons on 1 row.

Also note that in the other thread that I referenced it states that this only happens with icon sizes below a certain point. Some hotbars will start to do this once the icon size drops below 40 while other the magic numbers seems to be about 35 or so. The problem with that is that I keep my bars at 24 on one account and 28 on the other.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 12-21-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Unread 12-21-2006, 11:45 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Everfrost
Default Frostfell

Great UI

I seem to have only a few small sizing issues since lu30.

I'm having an issue atm with not being able to see anything on the screen that Gary Gigglegibber pops up for a contest. He's in NQ but think there is 1 in Kelethin and FP.

It's just a black screen and I need to relog to remove it (probably rezone will work too - just quicker to type /camp <toon> )

any ideas?
Unread 12-21-2006, 12:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

I am also having the same problem with a black screen at the gigglegibber, also some of my quests in my journal will not show info or appear in the quest helper window. Great Ui keep up the good work
Unread 12-21-2006, 02:04 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ictinike
Sorry to bother but first things first.. this UI rocks. It's the best IMO, at least for me!

Secondly, since I moved to ProfitUI I cannot seem to access my Achievement's panel. I know it's scripted because the .xml is available yet it does not appear using the default key L or even clicking the button off the Persona panel. I've tried to search the various ProfitUI threads but have failed to find anything related to this; maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Does anyone know why it might not be displaying?

Third, EQ2Map.. the plugin works fine and displays the map however the panel borders and options are all black. Now I had the option to NOT update some file from another UI and I've re-installed everything from the ProfitUI and EQ2Map in hopes that this fixes the problems. Just wondering as again, aside from the Achievement panel not showing and the black panel for the EQ2Map HUD this ui is awesome. Any help would greatly be appriciated!

Thanks, Ictinike

My bad on the Achievements.. I found it it only works with KoS installed and I didn't purchase the expansion but just base EQ2.. The map however is working in another UI (eliteui) so I know it works, just not well with Profit ATM.
Unread 12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Having the same problem as the others with the Grab 'n' Tag window. It's just a black window that I can't get to close unless I relog.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Jiivin n'Groovin (retired)
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 12-21-2006, 04:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes same problem here too with the tag game window, its all black
Unread 12-21-2006, 04:47 PM
A Brown Bear

How to fix the tag game window:

The reason it is not working is because the contest window isn't in the main mainhud file. As described on the front page of this website, simply add the proper entry to mainhud.xml as shown here:

http://www.eq2interface.com/patches/...i_mainhud.html
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Works perfectly, thanks a lot.
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default GU30 Update

Had problems with the hotbar and cannot get the contest window to work. All That aside .. this is a great UI thank you so very much for devoting all your time to it.
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost

Hmmm I see the answer to fixing the grabntag window above, but it means absolutely nothing to me =(

anyone able to post a simple answer with instructions for us technically challenged? thx =)

Morgaise
30 Dirge on Everfrost
Closed Thread