EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-09-2006, 12:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default pet window

I am shure this question has been asked about 100 times already, but I cant seem to find it...

I downloaded this ui yesterday (awsome ui btw) and I am using 1280 x 1024 settings, but I cant seem to get the pet window to show up when I summon a pet... is there any way around this?
Unread 12-09-2006, 01:38 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theef
I downloaded this ui yesterday (awsome ui btw) and I am using 1280 x 1024 settings, but I cant seem to get the pet window to show up when I summon a pet... is there any way around this?
I think this is because Ladiin doesn't have a pet class character, but all you need to do to bring up / turn on the window is Alt+P (or maybe its Ctrl+P, one or the other will work)
Unread 12-09-2006, 02:31 PM
A Griffawn

Default Aucp??

Hi Landiin,

I've been trying to get updates since the last update (Nov 25) and nothing is happening. The AUCP keeps saying 80 scanned and 77 current with 309 foreign files (which is the InfoCenter that I downloaded and installed).

Has there been any updates or is my AUCP broken somehow??
Unread 12-09-2006, 02:53 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromier
Hi Landiin,

I've been trying to get updates since the last update (Nov 25) and nothing is happening. The AUCP keeps saying 80 scanned and 77 current with 309 foreign files (which is the InfoCenter that I downloaded and installed).

Has there been any updates or is my AUCP broken somehow??

Ummmmm scroll back through a few posts, Laddiin is currently in the process of moving and he hasn't gotten his home internet connection installed yet......cross your fingers for some time this week.
Unread 12-10-2006, 02:37 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio_War
Landiin, the install package runs just fine (fresh install, reinstall over the first try, and a complete reinstall after uninstalling and making sure all directories I could find were deleted.), never had extreme installed before), goes all the way through to where it says extreme has been installed on my computer and i click finish.

as soon as i click finish, it pops up the extreme ui splash screen and at the bottom, it says "Updating aucp filelist.xml" and just sits at that point, I can let it run all night it don't matter. I can right click on the taskbar icon and select close and it will close just fine (not end task) and task manager doesn't show it as not responding.

Bio
Check your firewall and make sure the .exe files in your /eXtreme/AUCP directory can access the internet. At this point in the install there probably is only one. There should only be 2 .exe files in there.
Unread 12-10-2006, 02:45 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan
Ummmmm scroll back through a few posts, Laddiin is currently in the process of moving and he hasn't gotten his home internet connection installed yet......cross your fingers for some time this week.

Good news is I now have a connection at home The bad news is; the wife has be working putting every thing in it's spot and umm it's spot keeps moving lol.

I'll be setting up my new DishNetwork HD tomorrow, I'm not waiting on the installers and I've watched every DVD we have 10 times now. If you have stock in Blockbuster or Hastings you should be getting a nice dividends check because of me lol.
Unread 12-10-2006, 10:07 PM
A Coastal Crab

Would be nice but unable to download says can't connect to host
Unread 12-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luarelleygh
Would be nice but unable to download says can't connect to host
Check your firewall settings to allow the aucp to access the internet. It only needs port 80.
Unread 12-11-2006, 02:56 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Firewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Check your firewall and make sure the .exe files in your /eXtreme/AUCP directory can access the internet. At this point in the install there probably is only one. There should only be 2 .exe files in there.

Windows firewall is disabled, and my when you start aucp, you can see where it say connecting to "ip", then connected, then just sits at "Updating aucp filelist.sml". as for the directory, there are 2 exe files, loader.exe, and AUCP_Uninstall.exe. The other files include aucp.ico, aucp_filelist.xml, shorcut to eXtreme webpage, adn ui.bmp.

Bio
Unread 12-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Windows firewall is disabled, and my when you start aucp, you can see where it say connecting to "ip", then connected, then just sits at "Updating aucp filelist.sml". as for the directory, there are 2 exe files, loader.exe, and AUCP_Uninstall.exe. The other files include aucp.ico, aucp_filelist.xml, shorcut to eXtreme webpage, adn ui.bmp.

Bio
hmm, delete the file aucp_filelist.xml and try it.

If that don't work point your browser at http://extremeui.equinoxgaming.com/A...p_filelist.xml and see if you can access the file at all.
Unread 12-12-2006, 01:04 AM
A Coastal Crab

What in loki's gibblets am I doing wrong? I installed it just as it said, nothing went wrong, i load up and got this! As far from the screen shot as I could imagine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	5512  
Unread 12-12-2006, 01:49 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyasp
What in loki's gibblets am I doing wrong? I installed it just as it said, nothing went wrong, i load up and got this! As far from the screen shot as I could imagine!
You didn't select a res setting when asked if you wanted to make eXtreme your default UI. So the game is using the UI setting you where using before you installed eXtreme. Go back into settings in the AUCP and set a res uisetting file to the character you use. Be sure to press the save button also.
Unread 12-12-2006, 06:06 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
hmm, delete the file aucp_filelist.xml and try it.

If that don't work point your browser at http://extremeui.equinoxgaming.com/A...p_filelist.xml and see if you can access the file at all.

Landiin, tried deleting aucp_filelist.xml, it puts a new one in, then sits at the same point, I can access the xml file, as well as all the files listed in the aucp_filelist.xml, and those files are now in the directory with the launcher.

I can run aucp.exe and get the program, running that way, and have 2 tabs, extreme, and eq2map, however, I cannot launch EQ2 from the program or access the settings from there.

I have also tried manualy saving the aucp_filelist.xml from the link you posted to see if that would work with no luck that way either.

I am wondering if a fresh install of EQ2 would do any good,

Bio

ok, just got home and scanned, only spyware/malware were cookies, so that is not the problem

Last edited by Bio_War : 12-13-2006 at 04:11 AM.
Unread 12-12-2006, 03:31 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
I have also tried manualy saving the aucp_filelist.xml from the link you posted to see if that would work with no luck that way either.

Bio
Re-installing EQ2 I don't believe would help you. You have having problems accessing a website. I would hazard to bet you have a fair amount of Spyware/Adware on your machine.

Here the links of some software I would install, update, and run
Spybot Search & Destroy

Lavasofts Adaware

Be sure you run th eupdaters for each of these tools before you scan so you will have the latest definitions.
Unread 12-12-2006, 05:11 PM
A Coastal Crab

Maybe this has been asked before but: is there a way to make the grey (metallic) parts of the UI smaller?, so i can fit in hotbars etc, I dont know why they are taking so much space
and I did all that select character and resolution stuff, i currently have it at 1024x768 (same as game)
But I was forced to move stuff around couse of the UI being all over the place.

Besides that awesome UI, great work

Last edited by cloetta : 12-13-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 12-12-2006, 10:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Re-installing EQ2 I don't believe would help you. You have having problems accessing a website. I would hazard to bet you have a fair amount of Spyware/Adware on your machine.

Here the links of some software I would install, update, and run
Spybot Search & Destroy

Lavasofts Adaware

Be sure you run th eupdaters for each of these tools before you scan so you will have the latest definitions.

Pretty sure there is not spyware, however, I will run a scan when I get home. as for being able to access the site, I can pull down the files using mozilla or IE with no problems, pulling like 40k per sec doing so, so I don't believe access to the site is a problem .... however, I haven't ruled it out yet.

also, if you really want to clean spyware, dump adaware, its junk (free or pay for version will miss 90% of whats out there.), go with hijack this ... just know what your doing if intend to use it.
Unread 12-13-2006, 10:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Landiin, tried deleting aucp_filelist.xml, it puts a new one in, then sits at the same point, I can access the xml file, as well as all the files listed in the aucp_filelist.xml, and those files are now in the directory with the launcher.

I can run aucp.exe and get the program, running that way, and have 2 tabs, extreme, and eq2map, however, I cannot launch EQ2 from the program or access the settings from there.

Bio

ok, just got home and scanned, only spyware/malware were cookies, so that is not the problem
Unread 12-13-2006, 08:14 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Well frankly, I have no clue at this point. The eXtremeUI is being hosted on my website http://www.equinoxgaming.com (I haven't updated it in forever, not to self update the website).

I have yet to have a problem accessing the site from multiple places in the US, if you want drop me a PM / E-mail and we can try and figure out what the problem is. I may even have to enter a support ticket to my host
Unread 12-14-2006, 04:38 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Well frankly, I have no clue at this point. The eXtremeUI is being hosted on my website http://www.equinoxgaming.com (I haven't updated it in forever, not to self update the website).

I have yet to have a problem accessing the site from multiple places in the US, if you want drop me a PM / E-mail and we can try and figure out what the problem is. I may even have to enter a support ticket to my host
hmm, I can access the site, it all comes from the same directory as the loader.exe right, I can download that with no problems when it does the install, I can delete the aucp_filelist.xml and it will redownload it. one thing i was wondering, if i open aucp_filelist.xml in notepad, it is not layed out like most xml files I am use to seeing, it is only 1 VERY long line, I am wondering if the formatting is getting screwed up somehow.

Bio
Unread 12-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
hmm, I can access the site, it all comes from the same directory as the loader.exe right, I can download that with no problems when it does the install, I can delete the aucp_filelist.xml and it will redownload it. one thing i was wondering, if i open aucp_filelist.xml in notepad, it is not layed out like most xml files I am use to seeing, it is only 1 VERY long line, I am wondering if the formatting is getting screwed up somehow.

Bio
Post that one long line if you will please. It's prob not getting the entire file and thats why it's not formatted.

Download http://extremeui.equinoxgaming.com/AUCP/AUCP.exe into the AUCP folder and run it. That is what loader.exe does and keeps it up-to-date.
Unread 12-15-2006, 07:04 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Post that one long line if you will please. It's prob not getting the entire file and thats why it's not formatted.

Download http://extremeui.equinoxgaming.com/AUCP/AUCP.exe into the AUCP folder and run it. That is what loader.exe does and keeps it up-to-date.
here ya go,

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Config>
<Files><File><FileName>AUCP.exe</FileName><MD5>cdddf0a58d391fdac3774c6df35ff56d</MD5><Path>AUCP/</Path><ServerPath></ServerPath></File><File><FileName>Loader.exe</FileName><MD5>0327145fffbf64ba0c4d565b0c86e0cd</MD5><Path>AUCP/</Path><ServerPath></ServerPath></File><File><FileName>Settings.dll</FileName><MD5>4ec8c44759c6bbd5c8e666d3cf1a02fc</MD5><Path>AUCP/</Path><ServerPath></ServerPath></File><File><FileName>inicommands.txt</FileName><MD5>736d8a45e23207bd423e1c0e641bbec1</MD5><Path>AUCP/</Path><ServerPath></ServerPath></File></Files>
<URLUpdates><EQ2MAP_Root>http://maps.eq2interface.com/POI_files</EQ2MAP_Root><EQ2MAP_FileList>http://maps.eq2interface.com/POI_files/extrafile_list.xml</EQ2MAP_FileList><AUCP_Root>http://extremeui.equinoxgaming.com/AUCP</AUCP_Root><AUCP_FileList>http://extremeui.equinoxgaming.com/AUCP/aucp_filelist.xml</AUCP_FileList></URLUpdates>
</Config>

Bio
Unread 12-17-2006, 02:24 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Having problems with changing chars and status bars

Posted this to help but after reading the UI messages, you said to post here. What is happening is that at 1600x1200 when I change toons, the bars that normally have red yellow green are just shades of green. Also the text for the spell casting goes away as well. All I can do is to exit and restart when I want to change toons. I know this is not correct so I wanted to see if I had something set wrong or if there was some way to have the EQ2 just reload that UI. I have posted the normal and then the bad one on the same toon at the same spot. All that was done was to camp to that character.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000006.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	5519  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000005.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	5520  
Unread 12-17-2006, 03:19 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by drider1969
Posted this to help but after reading the UI messages, you said to post here. What is happening is that at 1600x1200 when I change toons, the bars that normally have red yellow green are just shades of green. Also the text for the spell casting goes away as well. All I can do is to exit and restart when I want to change toons. I know this is not correct so I wanted to see if I had something set wrong or if there was some way to have the EQ2 just reload that UI. I have posted the normal and then the bad one on the same toon at the same spot. All that was done was to camp to that character.

This is a game issue not a UI issue, it's all covered in the FAQ in eXtreme's forums.
Unread 12-17-2006, 08:41 PM
A Griffawn

Default One Click Cure???

Hello Landiin,

There's still a problem with the 'one click' heals in the group window. They still don't work. Any clue when that might be fixed or if there's something that can be done on our end to fix it??
Unread 12-18-2006, 12:18 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default So what now?

Quote:
This is a game issue not a UI issue, it's all covered in the FAQ in eXtreme's forums.
My mistake. Forgot RTFM...

So is there a workaround to address this issue or some method other than exiting the game and reloading to get it to work properly?