EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 02-18-2005, 09:20 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I think having another Chat window is a good idear, maybe replacing the tradeskill experience info with that but I'm not sure.

For the coordinates I do not know if I would like to have it permanently present on the UI, if others want it I willthink about it
Unread 02-18-2005, 09:22 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Awesome, can't wait to give it a test drive! And yes, you could try making the xp bar switchable between combat and tradeskill xp ...
Unread 02-18-2005, 09:41 AM
A Griffon

The Exp bar is already switchable between aventur and exp, only the compass has to be placed somewhere else, for the Melee resistance, where do you see them normally because I do not find them.
Unread 02-18-2005, 09:45 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I'm afraid I have no idea... I've only seen them on some mods actualy and are realy helpful... especially when you are a melee character like me... and unfortunatey I'm at work right now and can't load EQ to try and find the melee resistances (slashing, crushing, piercing).
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

First let me say that TyeJae_Steel is an awesome UI.

I did a few of my own little customization. However one thing i noticed after patch for the target window. I fixed the con color of the name and everthing for both styles. However where group / solo should come up it will either put nothing at all for detailed or put the targets lvl.

I also went back to original files of UI just in case i messed something up and it shows Group all the time even if target is solo..

Any Ideas / fixes / anything for this??
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:24 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdition
Hello Xarox

I think that if you don't have the new compass,implied target, mainchat and so, please verify that you have changed the eq2.Mainhud.xml by the one we post here to seperate the window.

In fact, Tyejae originally code the other window in this one, and he's overwrighting the Eq2.mainhud.target , mainchat and so.
Hi.

I used your eq2.Mainhud.xml and it made everything on my screen go up in smoke, completely gone. I even lost mouse control. Only thing I could do was move my mouse around over the screen, moving my char with it disappeared.

I used a fresh download of the UI, cuz there is nothing better than starting over fresh, hehe.

I dont know why this is happening to me, I see people being happy they get everything working. And I dont, its very frustrating.

Maybe I am using the wrong original frame or something, but I use the one thats downloadable in the "complete sets".

Btw, your remake looks very nice, but I cant use that setup. Tried it with having my hps at the bottom of the screen, and I completely miss looking at it then, and I die. For some reason I look when it is in the upper left corner, lol. But, it looks very nice.

Best Regards

Xarox (Splitpaw)
Unread 02-18-2005, 11:23 AM
A Griffon

Hello Xarox

Please delete entierly or rename your current custom UI Folder, install the following total package, test it and let me know the result.

(don't forget that no modification has been done for the new pacth then you have to use the detailed target mode to use it properly I think)

entire package
Unread 02-18-2005, 12:09 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Hello Xarox

Please delete entierly or rename your current custom UI Folder, install the following total package, test it and let me know the result.

(don't forget that no modification has been done for the new pacth then you have to use the detailed target mode to use it properly I think)

entire package
OMG!!!!

I figured out what was causing all my problems. I had changed to Netscape a few weeks ago, and it seems like it downloaded the posted files here, and changed them in some way. I tried Explorer to download them, and it all worked like a charm.

Then I saw this post made by you, and I downloaded the package, and seems like netscape has no problems at all in downloading packages like this. But single files, I will have to use explorer in the future.

I thank you TONS for having patience with me, and thank you even more for posting the package file. EVERYTHING is working as a charm now!!!!

*bow*

Best regards

Xarox (splitpaw)
Unread 02-18-2005, 04:29 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Hello All

I just start to make a litle test for bottom version of Tyejae steel as I like to have health info of me, target and group at the bottom near my hotkey bars.

What do you think about it ?
Woo Perdi, that's like "Alternate TyeJae Steel" ui or something. I have to say its got just about everything open at all times. Too busy for me, but there's gonna be some happy people. Is this combat resistances thing in the character info page? that page you have to use a /show_window command to open.
Unread 02-18-2005, 05:18 PM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Very creative work my friend.
Unread 02-18-2005, 11:08 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

target and implied target windows slightly modified and fixed. Only stink now is the arrows for the target window wont center on the target's name, but full functionality is restored to the window. This includes proper indication of the tier. However, it seems that "solo" encounters no longer display a tier indication.

anyway, files are here and good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (3.3 KB, 215 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.xml (3.3 KB, 230 views)

Last edited by aalwein : 02-18-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Unread 02-19-2005, 02:41 AM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

v2 Targeting release 1.0.0219
--------------------------------------

Target Window - all tiers are supported. Gold tier markers indicate "epic" content. Grey dots indicate solo and group encounters - more dots mean higher difficulty. Red dots indicate raid mobs - 1 dot for 2, 2 dots for 3, and 3 dots for 4 groups. I need some people to test the window out on some raid and epic targets.

Implied Target Window - all tiers are supported. Operates in the same manner as the target window, obviously. Fixed the resizing issue thanks to a tip from Zonx.

The pictures below show how the target window works when a multi-group (ie. raid) target is selected. Grey dots indicate one group mobs, three being the most powerful. Red dots then cover the grey as the encounter gets more difficult (ie. more groups for the raid). Tier indicators have been properly adjusted.

Edit: forgot the new image file. download the .dds and overwrite the existing taejae_steel.dds in the images folder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	target1.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1318  Click image for larger version

Name:	target2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1319  
Attached Files
File Type: zip tyejae_steel.zip (129.8 KB, 164 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.xml (7.5 KB, 197 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (7.4 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by aalwein : 02-19-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Unread 02-19-2005, 11:12 AM
A Griffon

Woot incredible work Aalwein
Unread 02-19-2005, 04:33 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

Perdition - or anyone for that matter-, can you check this zip file and make sure it contains just enough files to create the default form of TyeJae - to include the active quest journal and v2 targetting. I've tested it and it seems to be working but I'd like a second opinion. If it works, then we have a fresh copy (with the targetting changes) to use. I think alot of the problems people are having is because so many files are in the zip that aren't part of the mod but are now old due to various patches.

If it all checks out, TyeJae, throw it up as a new version of your UI and most of the problems people are having with installing it should dissappear.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tyejae_steelv2.zip (263.2 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by aalwein : 02-19-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Unread 02-19-2005, 05:18 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Unkown

TyeJae Steelv2, the last post:
Name label displays on on top of the other, delete the old one. When I loaded this, I could not see ANY information on my implied target window..?
Also you may change the size of the container pages down a little so theres not so much dead space bordering it.
Unread 02-19-2005, 05:59 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

Thanks for looking it over Eloa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloa
Name label displays on on top of the other, delete the old one. .
Do you mean in the UIBuilder display or in-game? If you are referring to the way it looks in the UIBuilder, this is normal because of the two different targetting systems. In game it should only show once.

Quote:
When I loaded this, I could not see ANY information on my implied target window..?
I can't reproduce this at all. Everything was working in a fresh directory with only the files in this zip.

Quote:
Also you may change the size of the container pages down a little so theres not so much dead space bordering it
Fixed this. Leftover byproduct of when I couldn't get the window to stay a minimum size.

Aalwein | Bartolomeu
"Vae puto deus fio."

Last edited by aalwein : 02-19-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Unread 02-19-2005, 09:17 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Unkown

I'm showing 2 name labels in game...I'll log in again and see if I got implied or not
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:04 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Hi guys!

Anyone figured out how to lock the group window? All the other windows work just fine with locking, but the group window I havent found a spot that I will get the options to do windows settings.

I use that sometimes and target players with the mouse, and it moves out of place every now and then. Its not so bad, but a lock option if anyone know where to click on it would be nice.

Xarox (Splitpaw)
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:15 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

I've integrated Sunthas's ammo window into the TyeJae hud. This uses the clock window to make the ammo indicator show everytime you log in... otherwise you have to do it manually by typing /show_window MainHUD.Inventory every time you log in.

Replace the original tyejae files with the ones found in this zip. View the install.txt within for more details on installing this mod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ammo.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1350  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ammo.zip (132.3 KB, 146 views)

Aalwein | Bartolomeu
"Vae puto deus fio."
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:18 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarox
Hi guys!

Anyone figured out how to lock the group window? All the other windows work just fine with locking, but the group window I havent found a spot that I will get the options to do windows settings.

I use that sometimes and target players with the mouse, and it moves out of place every now and then. Its not so bad, but a lock option if anyone know where to click on it would be nice.

Xarox (Splitpaw)
Haven't had any problems with this at all Xarox. The window settings right click pops up like normal from anywhere you click. Only thing I can suggest is using the lock all windows feature in the options window, then unlock windows that you want to be able to move.

Aalwein | Bartolomeu
"Vae puto deus fio."
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

for some reason my target window still says group even when it's a solo mob. i've download your latest mods for target and your implied target windows.

Last edited by Vigaut_aots : 02-19-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:58 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarox
Hi guys!

Xarox (Splitpaw)
The last time I had this problem, the only solution I could find was to delete my eq2_recent.ini and settings file, and then reconfigure everything.
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:59 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalwein
Haven't had any problems with this at all Xarox. The window settings right click pops up like normal from anywhere you click. Only thing I can suggest is using the lock all windows feature in the options window, then unlock windows that you want to be able to move.
LOL, Hey, thats awesome, hehe, I didnt even know there was such an option in OPTIONS.

We learn something new every day!

Thank you tons!

Xarox (Splitpaw)
Unread 02-19-2005, 11:07 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos
The last time I had this problem, the only solution I could find was to delete my eq2_recent.ini and settings file, and then reconfigure everything.
Thanks. I think I have to do just that. Lock all windows didnt work.

Xarox (Splitpaw)
Unread 02-19-2005, 11:28 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I have a couple requests: number one, could someone add a more visible indication of when your auto-attack is on? I sometimes miss it in the combat spam. The other request is for an embedded compass window in the main window.

Really glad that this UI is coming along even with TyeJae unable to work on it as much as he'd like! Great job guys.