Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 07-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
They are the dynamic data for player effects that mobs place on you.
Same ones that you see on group members.
The icons aren't showing due to a Sony glitch but hopefully they should fix it soon.
Working Group_0 (self) effects icons:

Code:
<IconStyle BackGlowRect="127,1,166,40" BackGlowResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" BackRect="127,1,166,40" BackResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" ForegroundRect="127,1,166,40" FrameRect="127,1,166,40" FrameResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" IconRect="127,1,166,40" IconResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" MouseOverRect="127,1,166,40" MouseOverResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" Name="Effect1Style" PressedRect="127,1,166,40" PressedResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" ProgressRect="127,1,166,40" ProgressResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds"/>
<IconStyle BackGlowRect="1,43,40,82" BackGlowResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" BackRect="1,43,40,82" BackResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" ForegroundRect="1,43,40,82" FrameRect="1,43,40,82" FrameResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" IconRect="1,43,40,82" IconResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" MouseOverRect="1,43,40,82" MouseOverResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" Name="Effect2Style" PressedRect="1,43,40,82" PressedResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" ProgressRect="1,43,40,82" ProgressResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds"/>
<IconStyle BackGlowRect="169,1,208,40" BackGlowResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" BackRect="169,1,208,40" BackResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" ForegroundRect="169,1,208,40" FrameRect="169,1,208,40" FrameResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" IconRect="169,1,208,40" IconResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" MouseOverRect="169,1,208,40" MouseOverResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" Name="Effect3Style" PressedRect="169,1,208,40" PressedResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" ProgressRect="169,1,208,40" ProgressResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds"/>
<IconStyle BackGlowRect="211,1,250,40" BackGlowResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" BackRect="211,1,250,40" BackResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" ForegroundRect="211,1,250,40" FrameRect="211,1,250,40" FrameResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" IconRect="211,1,250,40" IconResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" MouseOverRect="211,1,250,40" MouseOverResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" Name="Effect4Style" PressedRect="211,1,250,40" PressedResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds" ProgressRect="211,1,250,40" ProgressResource="images/icons/icon_ss5.dds"/>
<Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" DynamicData="/GameData.Group.Group_0.Effect1" IconStyle="Effect1Style" Location="15,31" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect1" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0015/0001,0031/0001" ScrollExtent="14,14" Size="14,14" TreatAsButton="true"/>
<Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" DynamicData="/GameData.Group.Group_0.Effect2" IconStyle="Effect2Style" Location="37,31" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect2" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0037/0001,0031/0001" ScrollExtent="14,14" Size="14,14" TreatAsButton="true"/>
<Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" DynamicData="/GameData.Group.Group_0.Effect3" IconStyle="Effect3Style" Location="79,31" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect3" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0079/0001,0031/0001" ScrollExtent="14,14" Size="14,14" TreatAsButton="true"/>
<Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" DynamicData="/GameData.Group.Group_0.Effect4" IconStyle="Effect4Style" Location="101,31" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect4" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0101/0001,0031/0001" ScrollExtent="14,14" Size="14,14" TreatAsButton="true"/>
Unread 07-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
Working Group_0 (self) effects icons:
snip
You're awesome ger !!!

Thank you so much!

Here's the corrected version thanks to ger's invaluable knowledge.
I'll post with next update but until then it's available here.
Just replace your existing player.xml
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml (10.4 KB, 248 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 07-26-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Unread 07-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thumbs Up Good news...

Good news...
I was accepted into the Desert of Flames beta!
Not only will this allow me a chance to assist Sony; it will also provide me a chance to ensure the ThorUI is ready for the expansion.
Woo hoo
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 07-26-2005, 03:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

how do you move the time window? when i click on it, it just shows stats or something.
Unread 07-26-2005, 04:56 PM
A Sea Turtle

Same here. Hehe. It's a bit annoying and gets in the way of my combat. Other than that, this mod rocks. I just DLed it and am using it. What exactly is the night vision toggle, though?
Unread 07-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidion
how do you move the time window? when i click on it, it just shows stats or something.
Should be able to grab a corner but made it easier with this one (See attachment)
It'll be part of the next update.
Thanks for letting me know

edit:
Attachment removed and added to hofix area
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 07-26-2005 at 10:23 PM.
Unread 07-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicWire
Same here. Hehe. It's a bit annoying and gets in the way of my combat. Other than that, this mod rocks. I just DLed it and am using it. What exactly is the night vision toggle, though?
You must have your display setting set to at least balanced or above for it to work.
Basically it just toggles your graphic settings so you can see at night.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 07-26-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 07-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default ThorUI [Hotfixes] v4.8.6

Starting this post to hold hotfixes to issues that are reported.
I had enough little issues with the last update that I believe warrants it.
Please don't hesitate to post issues as it only assist me in resolving issues I may have overlooked, therefore making the UI better for all.

Simply "save as" then browse to your EverQuest II\UI\ThorUI directory overwriting the original files there.

DoF patcher located here:
Note: I'm working on all the optional groupmember and player windows. I will release a newer version of the patcher that will include the rest of the files.
http://thorui.thorsparks.com/ThorUI%...tch%20v1.0.exe

Again, I appologize for the quick fixes rather than a full update but my priority is the Auto Updater

Original Raid Window:
Resolves no vertical option

Groupmembers (Full-TopFillDown) (Slim-TopFillDown) (Slim-LeftFillRight)

StartButton with Sliders:
If you're one of the few that like the startbutton with sliders.
Extract "Sliders.zip"

Store Window:
Resolved sales log scroll bar resize issue.

Recipe Filter:
More of an addon than a hotfix but none the less. (This will create a sorted drop down by tradeskill type.)
Backup your copy...
Unzip..
Place in your Ever Quest II directory...

Not a hotfix but here's a link to a startbutton without the sliders
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=337

Window Placements for 1280x1024:
This "should" resolve the issue with that last bag not saving it's positon...
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_store.xml (23.6 KB, 699 views)
File Type: zip eq2_recipe_filter.zip (451 Bytes, 443 views)
File Type: zip ThorUI_1280x1024_eq2_uisettings.zip (1.8 KB, 480 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml (49.5 KB, 287 views)
File Type: zip Sliders.zip (3.0 KB, 256 views)
File Type: zip TopFillDown.zip (2.3 KB, 231 views)
File Type: zip SlimLeftFillRight.zip (1.9 KB, 214 views)
File Type: zip SlimTopFillDown.zip (2.0 KB, 231 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 09-16-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Unread 07-26-2005, 08:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Exclamation crashing on character entree to world

Hi again,

well my wifes second machine is having abit of a problem after updating to the new ThorUI. Everytime she loads the game on entree into the world, the exact moment when it says adding character to world the game crashes. I have tested this this time by uninstalling the ThorUI and the game loads normally without crash. She really loves your UI and would Like it to work on both of her machine. Please advise on if I need to delete a old file. I did exactly as you instructed me for my machine and it still has problem. Thanks and grats on getting excepted to the beta.
Unread 07-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqbach
Hi again,

well my wifes second machine is having abit of a problem after updating to the new ThorUI. Everytime she loads the game on entree into the world, the exact moment when it says adding character to world the game crashes. I have tested this this time by uninstalling the ThorUI and the game loads normally without crash. She really loves your UI and would Like it to work on both of her machine. Please advise on if I need to delete a old file. I did exactly as you instructed me for my machine and it still has problem. Thanks and grats on getting excepted to the beta.
Eek sorry to hear that.
It sounds like an issue that would be from using a pre Live Update 12 version of the ThorUI (pre 4.0) so I have to ask; have you tried uninstalling then deleting the ThorUI folder, then reinstalling with version 4.6?

If you're still having trouble after that, i would browse to the EverQuest II directory and look at UI.log
It shows a log of some UI issues that we could use to track this down.

I'm usually on Messenger and can get on Yahoo.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-27-2005, 10:50 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Eek sorry to hear that.
It sounds like an issue that would be from using a pre Live Update 12 version of the ThorUI (pre 4.0) so I have to ask; have you tried uninstalling then deleting the ThorUI folder, then reinstalling with version 4.6?

If you're still having trouble after that, i would browse to the EverQuest II directory and look at UI.log
It shows a log of some UI issues that we could use to track this down.

I'm usually on Messenger and can get on Yahoo.
that is so strange. It fixed it, but I didn't have any pre 4.0 thorUI. Its fixed so who knows. Thanks
Unread 07-28-2005, 11:26 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Works great

I love the UI, makes playing on my dinky 15" screen so much better; however, being wierd i always crafted with the knowledge book open to the skill I was working with (sorted buffs by skill, one skill per page, tiers in rows and effects in colum) and the 4x4 layout of the original was perfect for my crafting. Is there a way that return the KB to it origingal form while maintaining the rest of the UI, I'd rather not have to close out the game and use the UISwitcher to go back to the orginal UI just for crafting. Thanks.

edit: Using the latest download that was available here this morning.
Unread 07-28-2005, 02:18 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLonwulf
I love the UI, makes playing on my dinky 15" screen so much better; however, being wierd i always crafted with the knowledge book open to the skill I was working with (sorted buffs by skill, one skill per page, tiers in rows and effects in colum) and the 4x4 layout of the original was perfect for my crafting. Is there a way that return the KB to it origingal form while maintaining the rest of the UI, I'd rather not have to close out the game and use the UISwitcher to go back to the orginal UI just for crafting. Thanks.

I believe you can use the default knowledge book by choosing the Custom install option, then unchecking all of the books (if memory serves correctly, there are three optional books).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 07-28-2005, 02:54 PM
A Brown Bear

I am unsure if this is addressed anywhere, or if I am simply too clueless to catch it, but I enjoy playing with my group bar down the far left side of the screen under myself. This last update has forced me to only have the bar horizontal; is there anyway to make it resizeable, or a vertical option for those of us who like it tucked to the side? (assuming I am not the only one...)

I feel guilty expressing that I would prefer a less busy group window as well then one with all the stas/numbers and such (or maybe pop up on mouseover only--it seems a bit redundant to have it set AND on the mouseover), but again I am sure I am in the total minority here

Thank you for all the great options you have! It makes so much in the game esier and smoother!
Unread 07-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLonwulf

Lazaru5 is indeed correct. (Thanks man)
Also, you can just browse to the ThorUI directory and delete the "eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml" and that will put you back to the default.
If you're just after the 4 spells per row, you can choose the red or blue dragon Knowledge book as well via the custom install.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by smylie
I am unsure if this is addressed anywhere, or if I am simply too clueless to catch it, but I enjoy playing with my group bar down the far left side of the screen under myself. This last update has forced me to only have the bar horizontal; is there anyway to make it resizeable, or a vertical option for those of us who like it tucked to the side? (assuming I am not the only one...)

I feel guilty expressing that I would prefer a less busy group window as well then one with all the stas/numbers and such (or maybe pop up on mouseover only--it seems a bit redundant to have it set AND on the mouseover), but again I am sure I am in the total minority here

Thank you for all the great options you have! It makes so much in the game esier and smoother!
First of all let me say thank you for your feedback and NEVER feel hesitant about posting how you feel.
You and (yes many others) will be happy to know I am working on a vertical group window option with the possibility to resize. (bear in mind It may be a bit as beta is taking some of my time and I'm trying to level my little lvl 35 Assassin to at least 45 for the release of "Desert of Flames" I haven't played much since starting this whole UI thing.

Until then you and others always have options (I thrive on ensuring you have them as I require them) you may simply delete the "eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml" from the ThorUI directory in order to return to the default group member window.

Hope this helps and never hesitate to let me know if it didn't!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-29-2005, 01:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Bug

It seems that the power and health percentages shown for my group members with v4.6 stays static at 100% or 0%. The fraction seems to be working, but the percentage does not change. My personal box works fine, just the group members seem to be bugged.

Breakz Yourbonez
50 SK of Befallen
LoC Freeport

Last edited by Breakz : 07-29-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Unread 07-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakz
It seems that the percentage shown for my group members with v4.6 stays static at 100%. The fraction seems to be working, but the percentage does not change. My personal box works fine, just the group members seem to be bugged.

Breakz Yourbonez
50 SK of Befallen
LoC Freeport
The flaw is on SOE's side. While the dynamicdata objects for group health/power percentages exist, they are not currently being populated by the servers. There's nothing Faetyl can do about that right now, unfortunately.
Unread 07-31-2005, 02:58 AM
A Sea Turtle

I was just wondering if the latest version done anything to the movability of the interface windows. Since I DLed the latest version of this, I cannot perfect my UI because when I try to move windows, it moves in large incraments instead of the precide detailed incraments I could before.
Unread 07-31-2005, 07:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Make sure you dont have it so its set to be aligned to a grid in the UI options
Unread 07-31-2005, 07:05 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
First of all let me say thank you for your feedback and NEVER feel hesitant about posting how you feel.
You and (yes many others) will be happy to know I am working on a vertical group window option with the possibility to resize. (bear in mind It may be a bit as beta is taking some of my time and I'm trying to level my little lvl 35 Assassin to at least 45 for the release of "Desert of Flames" I haven't played much since starting this whole UI thing.

Until then you and others always have options (I thrive on ensuring you have them as I require them) you may simply delete the "eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml" from the ThorUI directory in order to return to the default group member window.

Hope this helps and never hesitate to let me know if it didn't!
Oddly enough, if I did anything to the file that wasn't from the Thor, it slowed my game movement and framerate down significantly. I was choppy and barely moving til I put the ThorUI piece back in. I'll happily keep it going, with the promise of vertical bar coming! But I already have a tempermental machine, cant afford to get slowed more...I cant stand to play and miss all the beautiful graphics, which I have to do more and more it seems *sigh*

*edit* any way you can add in here your older group and player windows here so I and my friend can revert back to those? I think it was version 3.2..maybe...GAH cant remember really musta been not so long ago, but would rather use your old version then default.

Unfortunately, my friend had to get a new HD and he didnt really want to update the ThorUI at all, he liked his how it was..and he has no record of the old files, as I dont either seeing as I deleted to reinstall.

Thank you ever soo much *prays you still have copies of your work*

Last edited by smylie : 07-31-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Unread 08-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by smylie
*edit* any way you can add in here your older group and player windows here so I and my friend can revert back to those? I think it was version 3.2..maybe...GAH cant remember really musta been not so long ago, but would rather use your old version then default.
Thank you ever soo much *prays you still have copies of your work*
Have copies of every update since v1.4 when it became apparent others were actually interested.

I've attached the Player and GroupMembers Window XML from v3.6 as I believe that is probably the one you're after.
I also included the groupmember XML from v3.2 as requested, note: 3.2 didn't have a modded player window yet.
Let me know if it's not the right one you're looking for and we'll try another.

Was it a version that had colored backgrounds to the member names?
If so, that was straight from Ger before I began modifying it.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml (6.0 KB, 339 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (26.1 KB, 209 views)
File Type: xml v3.2 eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (17.8 KB, 189 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 08-01-2005 at 12:59 AM.
Unread 08-01-2005, 12:34 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
F
You and (yes many others) will be happy to know I am working on a vertical group window option with the possibility to resize.
woohooo ! this UI will now be complete for me once you have done that using workaround as suggested by Faety for now
Unread 08-01-2005, 08:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Raid Window Problems

Hello,

Love this new interface and eq2maps works great with it! Having trouble with altering the Raid window. Might just be a noob issue but I can not seem to move, resize or do anything to the way my raid window was before I installed the new interface.
Unread 08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pord
Make sure you dont have it so its set to be aligned to a grid in the UI options
I will log on now and try that. hehe