A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone

Press Alt P for the pet window.

Unread 10-27-2006, 02:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks for posting the info on what's been changed on Test. Have been away for a couple of days and only just came back. Will take a look at it all tonight.

Phinny, there is a close button in the upper right corner of chat windows. But you have some that always pop back up there is something broken in your uisettings.ini. The only permanent solution that is known so far (correct me if I'm wrong) is to delete that file (which will reset your UI settings).
Unread 10-27-2006, 09:21 AM
A Griffawn

i am having issues moving Hotbars around , i need to put Icon size big , then down and touch the black around and find where i can move =s

any advice?

thx 4 the ui

oh and the xp still there =( but soe fault no?
Unread 10-27-2006, 07:28 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default windows XP 64bit

I 2 box. One system has windows xp 32bit on it and ur UI is phenominal. The other system uses windows xp 64bit. The area that shows coin, xp progression, health and a few other things does not show numbers. I see colored bars instead of the actual numbers. I have removed the ui and installed it again to see if that fixes the problem. No dice. Just wondered if anyone else has seen this problem. Thanks again for your wonderful work.
Unread 10-28-2006, 05:16 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Skuall, there is an area over the last button which you can grab to move the window. Looks like the same area on the bags.

Velkavian, try extracting _Fonts smooth (XP window).zip in your ProfitUI folder and let me know if it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuldur
Great UI, been using it for quite some time, only big issue I have is this, bottom bar thing. I have attached my characters ini just after it hid itself again.
It is mostly when going from fullscreen to windowed mode it disappears for me.
Thanks again for the file. Finally took a look at it and found the problem. The vertical size of the bar was somehow set to 0. Thanks to yoru help I'll be able to prevent that in the next release.
Unread 10-28-2006, 10:39 AM
A Griffawn

yeah i downloaded 2 days ago the last verison (extracting and overwriting old files) , but still cant see the Square to move =( , and tryed messing with windows options (i see the bank slot , 1 , 2 ,3 in the left side..)

all my icons are size change (34 tho).

is in the last hotbar button right? i am trying to find it lol no luck yet :S
Unread 10-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Crushbone - Cronique
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Quick bars 1280x1024 display

The 3 rows of bars on the bottom middle of the display under the Self, Target and Implied bars, has an up and down arrow on them. These arrows cover a bit of the first icon. Is there any way to have them all the way on the right and off the icons so that we can click them without accidently clicking the arrow?
Unread 10-29-2006, 11:57 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Skuall, you are the first to report problems with that. Since the code for the hotbars will change for the next game update anyway, I will ignore the problem for now and you can let me know whether you still have problems with the next release.

diztorted, I could make it so, but that would mean either having dead space if you hide the bank selectors or having hotbars of different sizes. Just disable the buttons via windowsettings->frame&titlebar: none and use the keyboard shortcuts to switch banks if you need to do it for the first 3.
Unread 10-29-2006, 12:12 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Arrow ProfitUI 2.9.0 Preview for BETA Playes ONLY

THIS POST CONCERNS ONLY BETA PLAYERS, this beta release WILL NOT WORK ON THE LIVE OR TEST SERVERS.

Thanks to someone whom I will not name I got my hands on the interface files from the Beta server. I integrated the changes that I noted into ProfitUI. Since I do not have Beta access myself this is completely untested and may not fix all the problems that currently exist with the UI on Beta or even break something else.

Note that I integrated this into my curent development version of ProfitUI 2.9.0. While I tried to remove the windows from that which are not yet release ready so all that is there should work, I may have missed something.

Also note that for 2.9.0 I changed the file extension of all editable XML files to .txt to make them easier recognizable and to faciliate opening them. This means that you may need to rename files that you had edited, e.g. the logindata. I think the only new file is the mail signatures file.

Hmm, I had put a wrong file into the zip. Fixed version below (should only concern character creation). Sorry about that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ProfitUI 2.9.0 BETA.zip (983.1 KB, 772 views)

Last edited by gm9 : 10-30-2006 at 04:59 AM.
Unread 10-29-2006, 02:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Target windows missing con info?

Hi there, I was trying out the latest download and noticed that whenever I target a mob, the normal up/down arrow indicators aren't there. Is there some other visual mechanism to determine the con of a target? I can see the difference between a non-heroic, heroic and epic, but can't see the finer detail information.

Thanks much
Unread 10-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Crushbone - Cronique

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
diztorted, I could make it so, but that would mean either having dead space if you hide the bank selectors or having hotbars of different sizes. Just disable the buttons via windowsettings->frame&titlebar: none and use the keyboard shortcuts to switch banks if you need to do it for the first 3.
Thank you.
Unread 10-29-2006, 10:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

Nice beta UI, where did you get the UI files to modify it with. Just wish I could try it out

Unread 10-30-2006, 04:33 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Regarding the beta release above I apparently put at least one wrong file into the zip. Temporarily pulled the download and will re-upload above once I got that fixed.

fuulish, just like with the DefaultUI that is controlled by selecting either simple or advanced targeting modes. In ProfitUI you can switch that using the button on the top left of the target window.
Unread 10-30-2006, 07:18 AM
A Coastal Crab

Question Some problems I encountered

Hello. I can't find it on this forum for now. I will try to explain my main problem:

1. On my name at the bottom of the screen, where I also have my target and the target of my target:

- The toggles afk, lfg, lfw seem to be invisible until I press them (often by mistake, most of the time I only wish to target myself). When I press it, it appears in light gray just above my name (I didn't realize I was lfw until someone asked me something )
- Also, the cures under my name: I am a mystic and so have a pet: every time I press on a cure, it switches between me and my pet--> that make one cure on me, the next one on my pet etc... I don' t know how to modify that.

2. In the group/raid window: I can't select my name

If you have any solutions for these problems, please help me, it would be wonderful.

Thank you again for that good UI.
Unread 10-30-2006, 10:36 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default spinners for hotbars

If this was posted already and I missed it my apoligies. I just installed profit UI last night and one thing I noticed is I don't see spinners to scroll through the different banks of hotbars. Am I missing somerthing?

Last edited by Nothsor : 10-30-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Unread 10-30-2006, 12:27 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Some good things to remember about ProfitUI, straight from the installation page:
Quote:
General:
Most windows have several options that can often be selected via right click->window settings. Play around with all options to find out what it possible.
If you cannot move a window, check the window settings to make sure that it is not locked and that clickthrough is not enabled.
Read the changelogs if I write them. They contain important information about changes I make.
Quote:
Hotbars:
Frame and Titlebar settings work like this:

None/Frame only: no bank selectors, shortcut keys displayed according to frame opacity settings
Frame & titlebar: bank selectors displayed, shortcut keys displayed according to frame opacity settings
Unread 10-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Crushbone - Cronique

Default Clock

The time is 12 hours off on Norrath.

It may have been server side because after the patch today, everything is fine.

Last edited by diztorded : 10-31-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Unread 10-30-2006, 01:13 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Velvet, I will address the pet cure problem in the next release. Regarding the group/raid windows, you want to click to select your character? I would think this works, but I will check nevertheless.

Eloora, thanks, and I like your new title!

diztorded, you mean the day/nighttime display has got it wrong? I didn't notice that yet; I basically keep that display for the fluff effect (can't streamline it all, can I? ). I'll look into it.
Unread 10-30-2006, 07:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

On the Beta profitUI. Looks great and I love having it there but I'm having one problem with it. I can't get tooltips to work on beta. Regardless of what I do/do not have checked under Tooltips in the UI Options in game I can't get anything to show up when I mouse over combat arts, inventory items, equipment, merchant stuff, etc and nothing ever pops up a tooltip. Is there something I'm missing or something I need to change to get this to work? Any/all help is appreciated.
Unread 10-31-2006, 04:40 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

Hehe with the Last Patch on the Beta Server your UI Makes EQ2 to Crash after Login.

When i delete eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml the UI work.

Can you fix it please ?
Unread 10-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Crushbone - Cronique

By the way, just wanted to drop you a line to restate the odvious... this is the UI that that the game should have shipped with.
Unread 10-31-2006, 12:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by diztorded
By the way, just wanted to drop you a line to restate the odvious... this is the UI that that the game should have shipped with.
/agreed. I love your work. Thank you so much for making our jobs easier to do and see whats going on.
Unread 10-31-2006, 04:08 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by diztorded
I agree.

After a very brief stint playing Lineage II, I found Profit's inspiration for the UI.

The default UI in Lineage II is almost identical to what we are all using now with Profit.

Just an FYI for anyone who cares.
Unread 11-02-2006, 05:06 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Target Bar

1st, this is a very complete UI, and a nice addition to the game.

Is there any way to change the target / implied target box, I have tried a few things with no luck. I just want to change out your box with one that tells you wether the target is avg/heroic/epic and not have to look at the scrollwork. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by soulmirror : 11-02-2006 at 06:34 AM.
Unread 11-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Crushbone - Cronique

I figured that I had not asked a good stupid question in a while so here it goes... How do you change the comment under your name in the guild member list in this UI?
Closed Thread