Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 06-16-2005, 03:54 PM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloejack
On the off chance that I like the new fonts because they make the text easier to read, is there an easy way to shrink the new font size down on the compass/clock so that parts are not overlapped/truncated?
Yeah I know the feeling I like the new Font myself and would like to stretch it. I tried meyself but apparently didn't hit the right part. will keep trying and let you know.
Unread 06-17-2005, 05:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great Ui, just wondering what mode u play your game at, im thinking 1280 by 1024 but it seems not thanks alot.
Unread 06-17-2005, 01:08 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
This is because of the font changes.... you need to download the old fonts from my full UI.

I use pieces of your UI. So what in the complete set do i need to get the fonts back the old way?

Thanks
Unread 06-19-2005, 12:20 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphiel
I am having exactly the same problem! Also Jaxel could you also put up your UIsettings file so I can get the same layout as you? if at all possible

Seraphiel
See this thread for the fix.

Fix for the chat window problems.
Unread 06-21-2005, 10:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Jax great interface! Every time I post a screenshot on the forums now everyone is asking 'hey where do i get that ui!?'

Just couple minor bugs:

Guild Window: Unable to edit guild events, ie. delete them. There are two event tabs that you seem to have converted to one tab (Events and Main) When I rename the xml file for the guild window to .bak and restarted eq2 the original guild window had Main tab and Events tab where the guild events were now correctly deletable lockable etc.

Tracking Window: Since downloading the june 09 update on the tracking window the list is no longer sorting by name. (when you bring up tracking under default ui the field header Name is clickable and sorts the list of names in the tracking window alphabetically)

Other than these minor things great interface keep up the great work!

Unread 06-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Najena

Bug type issues:
Whenever you log back in your sound settings will reset. Mostly annoying because I tend to set up to character select the music will be playing in the background.
All quests appear in the upper right hand box (not sure of it's real name) as green level quests though in your quest journal will show them as a yellow or white level quest.
Your tertiary hotkey window is unmovable. Others work fine.
When you sign on the left bubble of the compass window and the left box of the options box will be floating off to where they were initially before moved (minor and cosmetic I know).
Unread 06-28-2005, 09:48 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Guk

Quote:
Whenever you log back in your sound settings will reset. Mostly annoying because I tend to set up to character select the music will be playing in the background.
Unfortunately, nothing I can do about this since EQII doesnt have dynamic data for sound properties.
Quote:
All quests appear in the upper right hand box (not sure of it's real name) as green level quests though in your quest journal will show them as a yellow or white level quest.
I believe the standard EQII journal is the same way, someone tell me if I am wrong.
Quote:
Your tertiary hotkey window is unmovable. Others work fine.
Did you try right clicking to window settings and unlocking the window?
Quote:
When you sign on the left bubble of the compass window and the left box of the options box will be floating off to where they were initially before moved (minor and cosmetic I know).
This is a known issue, same as the startbutton. Nothing can be done about it for now.
Quote:
Tracking Window: Since downloading the june 09 update on the tracking window the list is no longer sorting by name. (when you bring up tracking under default ui the field header Name is clickable and sorts the list of names in the tracking window alphabetically)
I havent had a chance to upload the new version in the complete set, but you can get the new version on the individual tracking window piece.
Quote:
Guild Window: Unable to edit guild events, ie. delete them. There are two event tabs that you seem to have converted to one tab (Events and Main) When I rename the xml file for the guild window to .bak and restarted eq2 the original guild window had Main tab and Events tab where the guild events were now correctly deletable lockable etc.
Thanks for the heads up, I will look into it.
Quote:
On the off chance that I like the new fonts because they make the text easier to read, is there an easy way to shrink the new font size down on the compass/clock so that parts are not overlapped/truncated?
You can download the old fonts, makes it a lot easier.
Quote:
Since I switched over to this UI I'm having problems with my chat windows. I have two chat windows with five tabs each, and when I log out and back in the second window is gone along with the chat filters that I setup. I tried deleting my server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini, but even after setting everything up again, including chat windows the problem returns. Any ideas to fix this are appreciated.
This is not a problem with the UI itself, this is a broad EQII problem and there are tons of posts about it on the official forums.
Unread 06-28-2005, 10:34 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
I believe the standard EQII journal is the same way, someone tell me if I am wrong.
IIRC, the default quest helper does show quest con level.

Quote:
This is a known issue, same as the startbutton. Nothing can be done about it for now.
i was having this problem with my clock /compass tweak for LAFFS-LITE, I ended up making the base windows the same size, then plugging a location swap into the OnShow of the clock window. onshow="location=(parent.clock.location)" This snapps the clock to the same location as the compass window. I merely resized the daughter elements so that nothing overlapped between the two windows. I hope this makes sense.

Quote:
zonx' UI had this problem as well. He fixed it, although I can't really say how as I havent looked into it.

Quote:
Although Jaxel suggested downloading the old fonts, I'm guessing you arent really into that since you want the new fonts. The only way to do this that I know of is to go in and edit the pointsize of the font itself. Zonx did this with his version and it seems to have worked decently.

Please note that I'm not saying to download Zonx UI over Jaxels. I just remember zonx taking certain steps to fix some of the problems addressed
Unread 06-28-2005, 04:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question new bug cropped up with lu11

Jax new bug cropped up with LU11 regarding the skills window. As its now broken apart into tabs with progress bars and such when I logged in got the message incompatible custom UI when I tried to bring up the skills window.

No bigge there I dumped out, renamed the skills xml file to bak figuring Id just wait till you could hopefully get a chance to patch ocd. However when I logged back in with the OCD skills window xml file disabled I could open skills window but the new progress bars are simply black. Cannot see or read the progress bars for the skills at all. Only fix atm that I can find is to disable the UI entirely but I don't want to do that if at all possible.

Could you possibly come up with a temp fix for this? I've been delving into the new xml files in default ui directory and found this in the new skills xml:
<ImageStyle Name="progress_fill">
<ImageFrame Name="progress_fill" Source="images/window_elements_generic.dds" SourceRect="222,445,380,451"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ProgressbarStyle Bar.Background="Breath.progress_fill" Name="progress_style"/>

I think this is the code thats refering to the new progress bars but I dont know enough to find the corresponding settings in the OCD files and reset those back to default as a temp fix. Hope this is making sense =)

Unread 06-29-2005, 07:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Jax, using your UI and I love it. Can I make one tiny suggestion? Can you make it so that the colour that surrounds the health bar changes colour in respect to the health bar colour? The green colour makes me more confident and resulted in a few deaths >_<

Anyway, five stars for you and a dancing banana...

Unread 06-29-2005, 10:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Killer UI, I've been using it for about a month now and I can't get enough of this thing. Thank you for being so quick to update it too!

I have only had one question about the latest (6/28) update, and I am not even sure if it is a bug or not.

The targeting window appears to have a ton of dead space after the actual life and health bars. From the screenies abvove I am assuming this might have some use, but as of right now I haven't quite figured it out. Oh, also in regards to the "Implied targeting" window- since the 6/28 updated OCD UI I don't seem to have one. I've tried turning it on and off with my selected hotkeys but still I get nothing.

Any thoughts or things I may be missing?
Unread 06-29-2005, 10:33 AM
A Coastal Crab

I seem to be running into a problem with the UI. I downloaded and installed it, but when I launch the game, I only get a few pieces of the UI, and they are scattered all over the screen. This is the first time I've tried downloading a custom UI. Not sure what I did wrong.
Unread 06-29-2005, 11:53 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest

I have your ui loaded right now and I don't seem to have your new targets, only the other ones. I used the download from LU 11.

Also is there a way that when I set the volume it stays that way? Whenever I log back in my sound is reset to yours not to what I set it at.

The ammo box and the lil moon/sun circle never stay either, is there a way to lock them in place or do everytime I log in have to run mouse over spot to put them where they belong?

Very nice UI btw.
Unrest

Berri D`Licious
Fae Conj
Unread 06-29-2005, 12:01 PM
A Dragoon Sith

There is a new version of the targetting windows available... if you downloaded the LU11 version, make sure to redownload the files as it is now LU11.1. This should fix any problems with dead space and implied targetting.
Unread 06-29-2005, 12:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

I liked the old target windows better, not the new small ones...is there a way i could download the old target windows from you instead of these small bubble ones? thanks.
Unread 06-29-2005, 12:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
There is a new version of the targetting windows available... if you downloaded the LU11 version, make sure to redownload the files as it is now LU11.1. This should fix any problems with dead space and implied targetting.

Thank you, man! You really did make a great UI and we all owe you one. I can't thank you enough!

Dude, you should put up a donate thingy somewhere.
Unread 06-30-2005, 03:49 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by canislupos
Dude, you should put up a donate thingy somewhere.
Lol... http://lavodes.bakagaijin.com/
Click the Make a Donation button on the bottom of the left bar.
Unread 06-30-2005, 11:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere
Question Skills window

Hey Jax, been very impressed with everything thus far especially how you are quick to patch any issues as Sony makes changes.. Been using your skin for a while now and have found it so much more managable and so much LESS of an eye-sore than the default UI.

only issue I'm having (other than those that have already been posted and answered several times over) is the new skill window seems non-compliant.. at first it gave me an error about the modified UI not being compatable, so I re-extracted the skills window file and did a direct overwrite of the one in my OCD folder.. now the error is gone, but the window is black.. everything... just black.. only way to remove the blackness is to drop the opacity but then it is so dim I can't read it.. and the progress bars are still black even when I do that.. Any thoughts?
Unread 06-30-2005, 11:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw2005
Hey Jax, been very impressed with everything thus far especially how you are quick to patch any issues as Sony makes changes.. Been using your skin for a while now and have found it so much more managable and so much LESS of an eye-sore than the default UI.

only issue I'm having (other than those that have already been posted and answered several times over) is the new skill window seems non-compliant.. at first it gave me an error about the modified UI not being compatable, so I re-extracted the skills window file and did a direct overwrite of the one in my OCD folder.. now the error is gone, but the window is black.. everything... just black.. only way to remove the blackness is to drop the opacity but then it is so dim I can't read it.. and the progress bars are still black even when I do that.. Any thoughts?
I've only been playing the game a week.. but even I realized thats not the only file you need to replace.

try this one too: eq2ui.xml
Unread 07-01-2005, 09:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great looking UI Jaxel

I had to stop using it though, as my ATI RADEON 9700 would randomly not accept an instruction...very strange...it would go to a blank screen for about 5-10 seconds and then recover but I'd be running in Windowed mode...sometimes it was during a fight, and other times, just as I was typing something...

Not sure the cause...anyone else have these issues with the UI?

If I can ever figure out the cause, and fix it, it'll be back on
Unread 07-01-2005, 07:54 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Both very neat .. and a damn good idea to add that Her info into the quest window..... Right all me gotta do now is reskin and hijack it lol
Unread 07-01-2005, 08:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordanim
Great looking UI Jaxel

I had to stop using it though, as my ATI RADEON 9700 would randomly not accept an instruction...very strange...it would go to a blank screen for about 5-10 seconds and then recover but I'd be running in Windowed mode...sometimes it was during a fight, and other times, just as I was typing something...

Not sure the cause...anyone else have these issues with the UI?

If I can ever figure out the cause, and fix it, it'll be back on

The latest drivers have issues with EQ2 as a whole. The current supported drivers are 5.2. Had the same thing than swithced back to 5.2. I'm using this UI on Radeon 9600 pro (don't laugh) and it works perfectly...
Unread 07-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anyone have a fix for the skills window (the one you hit L to open)? I get an error, "you are using a UI Mod for the Skill Window that is not compatible with the recent changes to the Quest Window."
Unread 07-02-2005, 07:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burek
The latest drivers have issues with EQ2 as a whole. The current supported drivers are 5.2. Had the same thing than swithced back to 5.2. I'm using this UI on Radeon 9600 pro (don't laugh) and it works perfectly...
Ok thanks Burek!
Unread 07-02-2005, 12:51 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Both very neat .. and a damn good idea to add that Her info into the quest window..... Right all me gotta do now is reskin and hijack it lol
Actually... I hijacked it from Miliquesidontknowhowtospellthename...

Just uploaded new version of the Startbuttons for casters and melee characters... THEY ARE EXTREMELY DIFFERENT...

Quote:
By the way, you CANNOT get the LU11 versions of the journal and the startbuttons from the complete set, you must download them as individual pieces. All changes I make to individual pieces in LU11, will not be integrated into the complete set until LU12. This gives it time for people to give me feedback and what not before I commit the final versions to the complete set.
Eating my own words here... I decided against still and I just uploaded a new version of the complete set with all the current files and pieces.

As well, just uploaded a new and better journal then yesterday's.