EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 09-10-2006, 03:30 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

When I put in the newest version, my persona window is a bit messed up... http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2000076yo7.jpg Am I the only one having this problem? I tried with and without your backgrounds.

Last edited by Shadow312 : 09-10-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:22 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Splitpaw

wb GM9..i follow your suggs or my next vacation ^^
everyhing working fine for my with you nice Ui..

enjoy^^
Unread 09-11-2006, 01:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow312
When I put in the newest version, my persona window is a bit messed up... http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2000076yo7.jpg Am I the only one having this problem? I tried with and without your backgrounds.

I've got the same issue. Tried both the optional background images and the reskin pack to no avail. Not a game breaker, but it is a tad hard to read the white on white
Unread 09-11-2006, 04:06 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw
Default Uisettings for 800x600

Hi gm9 could you please in next version of the mod also include uisettings ini file for 800x600 resolution? I'm limited to use game in that resolution in my 2nd computer (well I run the game in windowed mode, and reduce its size to match that resolution).

PS: Keep up the good work

Txs,
Ix
Unread 09-11-2006, 06:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
I've got the same issue. Tried both the optional background images and the reskin pack to no avail. Not a game breaker, but it is a tad hard to read the white on white
I moved /backdrops from /ProfitUI into /ProfitUI/images and that fixed the problem for me.
Unread 09-11-2006, 08:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin42
I moved /backdrops from /ProfitUI into /ProfitUI/images and that fixed the problem for me.
Oh, I'm sorry about that, the addon was packaged with the wrong path. Fixed and re-uploaded now. You can also just manually move the folder like Urchin42 explained.

I'll check why there is a white background, however, if you do not have the background images. They were meant to be optional...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpspeed
well guys, everytime i start my game...i find about 8 Chat windows all over the screen. I delete Žem all and /save_uisettings. Next time i start the game i got the same problem...any idea ?
This is caused by a corrupt uisettings.ini. Sometimes pulling the additional windows into another chat window helps, but most likely you can only correct the problem by deleting your uisettings.ini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixoth
Hi gm9 could you please in next version of the mod also include uisettings ini file for 800x600 resolution? I'm limited to use game in that resolution in my 2nd computer (well I run the game in windowed mode, and reduce its size to match that resolution).
Top and bottom bars will unfortunately not fit onto a 800x600 resolution. The minimum resolution I designed for is 1024x768. Maybe you can move the windows around manually to be able to see most of it.

Last edited by gm9 : 09-11-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Unread 09-11-2006, 08:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Still getting the horrible white streak across the persona window, and while I can now move the hotkey bars thanks to the handy little square you've added, I can't seem to resize them (ie: making them from a single line of hotkeys to two lines of 6). Any method to this that I'm just not getting yet? Thanks in advance!
Unread 09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
A Sea Turtle

Default Help

Can't seem to figure out how to get hat persona bar to show back where it shows my stats etc. How can I get that to reshow up and also... Is there another menu or something to get more options on what that persona bar shows besides the stats, resists etc?

Thanks in advanced.
Unread 09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstep05
Still getting the horrible white streak across the persona window, and while I can now move the hotkey bars thanks to the handy little square you've added, I can't seem to resize them (ie: making them from a single line of hotkeys to two lines of 6). Any method to this that I'm just not getting yet? Thanks in advance!
Regarding the persona window, see my post above yours.

I'll check resizing, I may have accidentally broken it when I worked around a bug in the UI engine that would not allow you to grab the move-box.
Unread 09-11-2006, 09:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelindisguise
Can't seem to figure out how to get hat persona bar to show back where it shows my stats etc. How can I get that to reshow up and also... Is there another menu or something to get more options on what that persona bar shows besides the stats, resists etc?
The bottom bar? What it shows is currently not configurable, only the top bar has two variants (XP/stats). The bottom bar can be shown/hidden via the frame&title options. If you accidentally moved the window out of the screen, you can load the default uisettings (or open your character's uisettings.ini in notepad, find "memorized" and change it to, for example, "memorize1").
Unread 09-11-2006, 09:50 AM
A Sea Turtle

hmm never moved it, i actually just had it where it was when i loaded the UI up and it disappeared while iw as playing

Where is the frame&title options? ( i know prolly the newbish question outt here but I can't seem to figure it out )

Also was curious was there some easy way to move the hotbars n resize them cause right now the way i have to do it seems to do the window settings make it so i just see the backdrop then in profitcontrol setting have to hide the icons for hot bar and they i can move and that just seems silly to me

Last edited by angelindisguise : 09-11-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Unread 09-11-2006, 10:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I can confirm that moving the backdrops folder to within the images folder worked like a champ.

Thanks for the tip and confirmation Urchin42 and gm9!
Unread 09-11-2006, 10:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Regarding the persona window, see my post above yours.

I'll check resizing, I may have accidentally broken it when I worked around a bug in the UI engine that would not allow you to grab the move-box.
ah makes more sense now, I don't actually have a backdrops folder, and can't dload them (says authorization message) so there's nothing I can do to fix the issue at the moment. I'm loving the UI though, have used it for quite some time, thanks again for the fast responces.

Last edited by silverstep05 : 09-11-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Unread 09-11-2006, 10:29 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

angelindisguise, the "frame & titlebar" options are accessible by right-clicking a window and selecting "window settings". Of course your bottom bar or at least its letterbox part would still have to be on screen for this to work. Otherwise you'll have to try the other options I listed.

Moving the hotbars (and bags, boxes, etc.) was broken by SOE with GU27. That's why I added an area you can grab to move them in the latest release. Hover your mouse over the last button on the hotbar to make it visible. As I said two posts above your post, I'll check whether there is a problem with resizing. And to make the backdrop visible, just hit F10 (may also help to find the bottom bar).

silverstep05, the download for the backdrops will be available once the mods here validated it.
Unread 09-11-2006, 10:46 AM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
angelindisguise, the "frame & titlebar" options are accessible by right-clicking a window and selecting "window settings". Of course your bottom bar or at least its letterbox part would still have to be on screen for this to work. Otherwise you'll have to try the other options I listed.

Moving the hotbars (and bags, boxes, etc.) was broken by SOE with GU27. That's why I added an area you can grab to move them in the latest release. Hover your mouse over the last button on the hotbar to make it visible. As I said two posts above your post, I'll check whether there is a problem with resizing. And to make the backdrop visible, just hit F10 (may also help to find the bottom bar).

silverstep05, the download for the backdrops will be available once the mods here validated it.
well i can tell you i have 2.8.1 and when i go over the last button of hotbar it does not bring up the grab thing u said you added so im not sure whtas going on with it

Last edited by angelindisguise : 09-11-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Unread 09-11-2006, 11:00 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Just to be clear: Last button refers to the 12th hotbar position, even if you use only 10 of them and the last two are empty. It seems to be working for silverstep05 as she posted above, but I'll have to take a look at it anyway regarding the resizing problem.

Last edited by gm9 : 09-11-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Unread 09-11-2006, 11:13 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

Any chance we could see thoes skin packs?

I cant wait to see profit in green and teal

Unread 09-11-2006, 11:17 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Sigh...I just lost all of my custom login data for all of my characters because the ProfitUI_LoginData file was overwritten before I remembered to save it .

This won't happen to me again, but it might be nice if just the updated files were available seperately from the entire download, so those of us that just need to keep our files current (or have non-Profit custom files) can just quickly toss the few needed files into our cusom folder without a total overwrite.

Just a thought.
Unread 09-11-2006, 11:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Just to be clear: Last button refers to the 12th hotbar position, even if you use only 10 of them and the last two are empty. It seems to be working for silverstep05 as he posted above, but I'll have to take a look at it anyway regarding the resizing problem.
(she) - and yes, they work just fine for me, when I mouse over them (and everything is unlocked) there is a little square and even the words "move" show up, not having any issues with moving them any more (only with the resizing of the hotkeys).
Unread 09-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
Sigh...I just lost all of my custom login data for all of my characters because the ProfitUI_LoginData file was overwritten before I remembered to save it
Hehe, I've done that a few times as well. Now I just keep an updated copy of the file in a safe place.

Edit: I agree, though. It would be handy with a kit of only the updated files.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.

Last edited by Pixi : 09-11-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Unread 09-11-2006, 11:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Findarato, do you mean the complete skins? I just came back from my vacation, so I didn't do any work on that yet, but I'll do so eventually. No ETA though.

Eloora and Pixi, unless you are also worried about download sizes, there is an easy workaround to your problem: Just right-click any file you want to keep, select properties and check the read-only flag. That way those files won't get overwritten on an update.

Ms. silverstep05, in the meantime you should be able to resize the bars by using the function to hide the buttons which is included in the control center.
Unread 09-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Eloora and Pixi, unless you are also worried about download sizes, there is an easy workaround to your problem: Just right-click any file you want to keep, select properties and check the read-only flag. That way those files won't get overwritten on an update.
Good thinking. Come to think of it - my file manager (Total Commander) can copy updated files only. I'm just a dingbat who hasn't thought about it yet.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Just to be clear: Last button refers to the 12th hotbar position, even if you use only 10 of them and the last two are empty. It seems to be working for silverstep05 as she posted above, but I'll have to take a look at it anyway regarding the resizing problem.

Yes and no there is nothing to drag or resize
Unread 09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ok, the hotbar resize problem is caused by the same change that brought the move problem. I'll upload a fixed version shortly.

I could find nothing wrong with the move area, however. It should look like this (upper right corner):

Regarding the persona window backdrops I think GU27 may have caused the white area problem if the necessary image files are not present (or I did bad testing when I designed it). I see no other solution except making the background images mandatory. I will still keep them as a separate download, however. They will not likely be changing, meaning you will only need to download them once (if you had downloaded v2.8.0, you already have them).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HotkeyMoveButton.jpg
Views:	1019
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	5234  
Unread 09-11-2006, 06:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Exp & User info only?

is there away to use your Exp % number only, I like the size its big enough for me to see at a glance. heres a pic of what I'm thinking.. if you point me to the correct file I maybe able to hack the rest..

Thx,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Exp Percent Big Number.JPG
Views:	673
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	5237  
Closed Thread