Originally Posted by NimbusThantos
SYSTEM
Windows XP Media
2GiG Ram
256MB Video Card
Pentium 4 3.50 GHz
350GiG Performance Raid

I run the installer for UIExtreme start EQ2 and see nothing different

I went to the advanced options and see the character INI's but there are not reselution settings shown.

I go to the UIExtreme Tab and I end up getting this message: Out of System Resources.

I went in manually and changed the eq2.ini fiel to reflect the eXtreme ui settings still didn't work.

WHat am I doiung wrong? pleas esend em an email [email protected]
did you let eXtremeUI_CP patch? the install has none ZERO UI files. If you do not let it download all files you will not be able to use the eXtreme UI.
Unread 04-16-2006, 02:59 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Lucan DLere

Don't know why but I cannot connect to get any files after downloading the downloader. I was able to on friday but the UI kept installing all funky. You know missing fonts textures and no targeting ability what so ever. So I'm trying again. Just thought you'd like to know it seems your server is down. I shall continue to try. Need this ui my new monitor demands it! lol

Ok got it to install. It connected and now I'm patching the UI. Or updateing it. I'm on dl 3/250 files. Moving eXtreme - ly slow though. Been about 5 minutes to download those 3 files and I'm on a T1 line.

Last edited by MoonDeville : 04-16-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:18 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost
Default A request/suggestion...

As since the day I installed this, this UI rocks! I was thinking what might be nice if one could select text within the notes window (and info window too if possible) so as to copy and paste to fellow guildees or those asking questions. I have found the notes and info windows very valuable to me, it would be nice to be able to quickly copy (ctrl-c) and paste (ctrl-v) to others in other windows instead of typing all the info out, when answering someones questions about a quest or whatever..

Just a thought, definately works well as it is anyway..

Thanks for reading and most of all for the hard work making this UI work so well. Props bigtime for such a smooth operation, especially with the latest big patch, I was half expecting a bit of lag time for repairs, which I saw none.

*BIG HIGH FIVE TO YOU!*
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

The patcher's acting up for me too.

I downloaded it from here, ran the installer, and let the updater go. Got a bunch of "Out of System Resources" errors, so I reinstalled the UI and ran the updater. That time it worked -- or so it seemed. I loaded up the game and half the UI (and pretty much all of the maps) was completely broken.

I closed out and tried to run the updater again, but got this:

"Preparing eXtremeUI_CP.exe for patching.
Patching eXtremeUI_CP.exe
Error renaming D:\EverQuest II\UI\eXtreme\eXtremeUI_CP.tmp
Patch Failed!"

A little help here?
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:24 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Screenshot of how I use the UI

Just thought you might like to see how I have configured this UI for my own use. I mentioned before I like all my chat windows on top, I like lots of hotkeys too, this was my solution attached...

I will post my custom guild logo in another reply too, so you can see what I see while zoning Logo wise..

Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000058.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	4833  
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:27 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Well I got it to update with all those out of resource messages and got into game. The UI is there but all the text is like yellow and I cannot read it. Also I have no tarfet windows no where. Even when I cntrl+t nothing. No effects spell bar either. Not even hidden nor off screen. Oh and zero special fonts at all. Guess this UI just doesn't like me. Nice UI though from what I've seen. But for me tis broken.
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Here's my custom Logo..:)

As discussed in prior reply..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	guildlogo.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	4834  
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDeville
Don't know why but I cannot connect to get any files after downloading the downloader. I was able to on friday but the UI kept installing all funky. You know missing fonts textures and no targeting ability what so ever. So I'm trying again. Just thought you'd like to know it seems your server is down. I shall continue to try. Need this ui my new monitor demands it! lol

Ok got it to install. It connected and now I'm patching the UI. Or updateing it. I'm on dl 3/250 files. Moving eXtreme - ly slow though. Been about 5 minutes to download those 3 files and I'm on a T1 line.
ROFL, good to know, I've updated some 3rd party classes ( on the dev updater ) and I was having a hell of a time commencting.. Was like going over each line of the new code trying to figure out what the heck was going on.
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper
As discussed in prior reply..

Does the chick come nude? ^.^ l
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

The server the ui is on seems to be acting up ATM. I am sure it will be rectified soon so hang tight.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may or has caused.
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper
I have found the notes and info windows very valuable to me, it would be nice to be able to quickly copy (ctrl-c) and paste (ctrl-v) to others in other windows instead of typing all the info out, when answering someones questions about a quest or whatever..

*BIG HIGH FIVE TO YOU!*
Nothing I can really do about the things in the info center as that is just a 3rd party mod I plugged into extreme. I will look into making so the notes can be copied from, but no real ETA on that. Good idea
Unread 04-16-2006, 06:10 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Does the chick come nude? ^.^ l
Hmm, dunno we were fortunate to have a graphics design professional in our clan make that part of our logo, maybe she would know..LOL Same designer made my Avatar for me (as well as many of the graphics in our webpage listed in my sig here), I use the avatar here as a Signature in our clan's/guild's forums.

Last edited by Ripper : 04-16-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Unread 04-16-2006, 07:06 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Crushbone

The implied target window is broken. I can't get it to show up. Using the /show_window mainhud.Impliedtarget command brings up a useless window. I even did a complete reinstall of the UI, including replacing my UI settings file with one of the included defaults, and the problem persisted.
Unread 04-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

I did a fresh install a couple of weeks ago and I know I lost the custom font .. no biggie there ... but this new targeting window ... wondering whats happening.

I've attached a screenshot. Should my name be on the colored bar?
Where is the implied window? I take it the blue bar are for the buffs?

Also when I do the alt+T , I get a smaller blue box in the larger blue box .. now I'm not grouped atm so can't tell whats its for .. (2nd shot) but when I clear the target window that small blue box remains.

I'll have to see what happens when I get a group tonight

Edit: Got in group and things making a bit more sense .. like the spilted idea .. but names are still showing outside of the bars.. intentional?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	target.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	4835  Click image for larger version

Name:	target2.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	4836  

Last edited by Raesoth : 04-16-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Unread 04-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Target and Implied Target.

This is how it works now;

If you have no target, there shouldn't be a target window. If you have a target and your target does not have a target there will be a target window with one health bar and the name of your target will hover over that window. If your target has a target, You target will shrink to just over half of the target window and the remaining part of the target window will be populated by the implied target information that looks just like the target information just a little bit smaller in width.

From looking at Raesoth's screen shot, it looks like something is amiss, I'll look into it..

The screen shot on the left is how it should look with out his target having a target.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-16-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Unread 04-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Tweaked the new target windows along with the compass window.

WARRINGING!!!

Them that have a modded background.dds file will be affected by this update. If you downloaded a background.dds from one of the packs in the add-on section you need to contract its author and tell them the format has changed a little. Them that modded their own background.dds, you'll notice you got a background_template.dds file. It is located in images\templates\ for your modding pleasures.

It also seems the server is still having issues.. again sorry about server issue.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-17-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Unread 04-17-2006, 11:56 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default oh no

well I have to say that I love your UI. Now what happened cause I don't like that little window in picture on the right. I move it once and lock it and when I fight a new target it shows in default location so I can't click on my action bars Does anybody know the command to get rid of it completely?
Unread 04-17-2006, 12:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I noticed previously when I used the target and implied target windows I could click on either of the targets name/lifebar and switch targeting. so that say I have a group mate targeted and my implied target is the mob we were fighting and the mob switched targets I could smack the implied target health in the implied target bar and get the person it switched to so I can toss a heal on em, it was really useful with raid members who weren't in my group. Is there a way to get this back?

I apologize if I am not very clear or explained this very well.
Unread 04-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by piejudge
well I have to say that I love your UI. Now what happened cause I don't like that little window in picture on the right. I move it once and lock it and when I fight a new target it shows in default location so I can't click on my action bars Does anybody know the command to get rid of it completely?

I'm sorry but I can't figure out what picture you are talking about or what window for that matter.
Unread 04-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruni
I noticed previously when I used the target and implied target windows I could click on either of the targets name/lifebar and switch targeting. so that say I have a group mate targeted and my implied target is the mob we were fighting and the mob switched targets I could smack the implied target health in the implied target bar and get the person it switched to so I can toss a heal on em, it was really useful with raid members who weren't in my group. Is there a way to get this back?

I apologize if I am not very clear or explained this very well.
Hmm I'll check to see why that isn't happening any long. You may try clicking on the name and not the health bar, I may of mistakenly moved it there now that I think about it.
Unread 04-17-2006, 03:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

OK will check her out as soon as I get home from work.

Thanks a bunch Landiin.
Unread 04-17-2006, 06:29 PM
A Brown Bear

Default /bug window

The /bug window's SEND REPORT button is still grayed out...so I can not submit a bug with this UI...any suggestions or hotfixes would be helpful...thanks in advance...

Attached picture of the window for posterity =)

Dhirfrops
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bug report bug.gif
Views:	201
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	4844  
Unread 04-17-2006, 06:32 PM
A Griffawn

Talking Landiin........YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

Great Job on target and implied target windows and the buffs are workgin too..

ITS FREAKING GREAT!!!!!

edit: One small thing Landiin.. The implied works perfectlly imo.. but as for the target, the background allways stays green and does not change as the health drops... like the implied target does.. could you fix this.

Last edited by sammeria : 04-17-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Unread 04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by scygnus
The /bug window's SEND REPORT button is still grayed out...so I can not submit a bug with this UI...any suggestions or hotfixes would be helpful...thanks in advance...

Attached picture of the window for posterity =)

Dhirfrops
Delete eq2ui_mainhud_help.xml or after running the updater use the delete button in foreign files to delete as that window has been removed from the UI till I get a change to look at it.
Unread 04-17-2006, 10:46 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I have used this UI since the begining and love it but some of us get used to a way of playing and you go and change the UI without leaving files for us that like it a certain way to keep it. dont get me wrong I love what your doing but im used to the OLD implied targeting system you had PLEASE leave a download for these files so I can have it back to the way I like it? thank you and not to bitch but im not used to change so well like many others out there. you get a feature in there we like then go change it on us and we feel left out in the cold forced to adapt hehee so can you please toss a download for the last targeting system you had up for us to grab? thank you. oh and BTW my compas/ day/night indicator section is transparent