A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yes i did and was working fine before updating to 9.5
Unread 11-16-2007, 02:20 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Problem updating raid spell buttons in raid window

With version 9.5...

As soon as I edit the _Fetish_mainhud_raidabilities.xml file the UI won't load and EQ2 starts up with the default UI.

If I copy the original file in the 9.5 archive back then fetish loads up again.

All I am doing in the file is changing...

<Page Name="Default">
<Data Ability="Ruinous Heart" Group="false" Name="RA1" Raid="false" Tell="false"/>
<Data Ability="Cure Arcane" Group="false" Name="RA2" Raid="false" Tell="false"/>
<Data Ability="Displace Life" Group="false" Name="RA3" Raid="false" Tell="false"/>
</Page>

to be

<Page Name="Default">
<Data Ability="Scintilla of Essence" Group="false" Name="RA1" Raid="false" Tell="false"/>
<Data Ability="Cure Arcane" Group="false" Name="RA2" Raid="false" Tell="false"/>
<Data Ability="Displace Life" Group="false" Name="RA3" Raid="false" Tell="false"/>
</Page>

Last edited by linkmaster : 11-16-2007 at 02:45 AM.
Unread 11-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranala View Post
Yes i did and was working fine before updating to 9.5
Did you do a complete fresh install of fetish (ie, not overwriting old files, instead making it a new folder and all)? It sounds like you still have some old files in there. To check, compared the "modified" date on your files to the ones included in the fetish package -- if they're not the same, they need to be replaced with the ones from the zip file.
Unread 11-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkmaster View Post
With version 9.5...

As soon as I edit the _Fetish_mainhud_raidabilities.xml file the UI won't load and EQ2 starts up with the default UI.

If I copy the original file in the 9.5 archive back then fetish loads up again.
Hmm. Your changes look fine to me, I can't see anything that would cause the parsing to choke. But what's happening is the game is finding something in the file it doesn't like, and when it does it scraps the entire custom UI loading and just loads the default (in order to prevent crashes and such, I assume).

What are you using to edit it, out of curiosity?
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:18 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Hmm. Your changes look fine to me, I can't see anything that would cause the parsing to choke. But what's happening is the game is finding something in the file it doesn't like, and when it does it scraps the entire custom UI loading and just loads the default (in order to prevent crashes and such, I assume).

What are you using to edit it, out of curiosity?
I'm just using Notepad as usual , I did a complete wipe and re-install of the UI , changed the line again and it works this time...so , I don't know what was wrong.

Last edited by linkmaster : 11-17-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkmaster View Post
With version 9.5...

This usually means you broke the structure of the UI xml files.

If you attach your file here we can probably tell you what is wrong.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:31 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

people that edited files in my UI with notepad had the same issue. Using Notepad++ instead worked for them.
Unread 11-17-2007, 01:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Did you do a complete fresh install of fetish (ie, not overwriting old files, instead making it a new folder and all)? It sounds like you still have some old files in there. To check, compared the "modified" date on your files to the ones included in the fetish package -- if they're not the same, they need to be replaced with the ones from the zip file.
No i did not do a complete fresh install of fetish. Will check mdified date on my files and get back to you on progress.
Thx for help
Unread 11-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

As I recall, at the top of the ui file there is a two-byte character that notepad doesn't recognize, and so if you save it with notepad it'll get erased (I believe) and that could cause the issue.

I use EditPlus, and it shows the character pefectly (as a [], but you can still see its there).
Unread 11-17-2007, 04:45 PM
A Griffon

Default Graphical Issues

Thanks again Zonx for everything (we can't say it enough). Since I know how much you love resolving issues

Here are some graphical issues regarding the new mapping system:

Screen 1 (Default Size)

1a. Longer Zone names are pushed off to the left in the title. This occurs regardless of the map window size.

1b. No Down-Arrow or Scrollbar for the far-right drop-down menu.

Screen 2 (Default Shrink Size)

2a. Same issues as above plus...

2b. Location box becomes useless as it scrunches onto itself.

2c. MINOR: "Fog" pushes off to the right.

Screen 3

3a. This is the size that the map must be in order for the Drop-Down Arrow and the Scroll bar to become visible. Problem is that this is way too large for normal use and the map cannot be zoomed out any further than shown. This causes many zones to not show the entire map in the window and forces scrolling around in order to see certain locations.

Screen 4 (Lesser Faydark viewed from Starcrest Commune)

4a. While POIs scale accordingly to the zoom feature, the larger icons remain static. This happens in multiple zones but not all. I haven't figured out which zones cause the issue and which don't.

Screen 5 (Blackburrow viewed from Starcrest Commune)

5a. POIs don't scale accordingly with the zoom feature. Again, this happens in multiple zones but not all. I haven't figured out which zones cause the issue and which don't. Sorry.

Here's something unrelated to the map and I believe that you might already be aware but figured I mention it just in case it mattered:

Screen 6

6a. Smaller Examine windows size a bit too small for the custom browser buttons, which then get cut off at the bottom.

Thanks again and please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help.
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe View Post
Screen 4 (Lesser Faydark viewed from Starcrest Commune)

4a. While POIs scale accordingly to the zoom feature, the larger icons remain static. This happens in multiple zones but not all. I haven't figured out which zones cause the issue and which don't.

Screen 5 (Blackburrow viewed from Starcrest Commune)

5a. POIs don't scale accordingly with the zoom feature. Again, this happens in multiple zones but not all. I haven't figured out which zones cause the issue and which don't. Sorry.
Those two were present in Beta. Large icons are the old-world style icons, and don't get treated the same way as the new ones did. In beta, you couldn't even hover over them to see what they were.

As for 5, I believe that is a known issue and occurs in zones that do not have an official SOE map.
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Those two were present in Beta. Large icons are the old-world style icons, and don't get treated the same way as the new ones did. In beta, you couldn't even hover over them to see what they were.

As for 5, I believe that is a known issue and occurs in zones that do not have an official SOE map.
Should the Old World icons be removed or replaced with something else or is it something that should just be ignored?

Does the EQ2MAP update that Othesus is working on resolve the non-scaling issue with unofficial maps or is this something that might be corrected down the road?

I'm not looking for any type of "fix it now" as I was just reporting what I saw and was curious on the above questions.

Thanks for the insight.
Unread 11-17-2007, 08:22 PM
A Griffon

This is what the Fetish map looked like for me on 11/15/2007.

Your items 4 and 5 are problems with the "show any map" plugin and that may not work with the new zooming code. I haven't tested it.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-17-2007, 09:32 PM
A Griffon

Hmmm. If that's what yours looked like then I wonder if my issues with showing the whole frame is caused by my resolution of 1440x900 and if so how I would go about fixing that? I hadn't had any problems with this up until v9.5 and I don't have any problems with any other window with that version. I've been using Fetish since EoF with that same resolutions so I'm at a lose here if it's on my end or not.

EDIT: I should clarify that the entire frame actual does show (notice that I have the Zoom Controls in the proper place and all) but rather it just seems that the Show Any Map Drop-Down menus no longer fit properly.

EDIT: I also noticed that no matter how wide I stretch the map window I no longer get the Set Button (S) in the bottom right corner. If that matters any.

EDIT (Again): I just removed my Custom UI and installed FetishNightfall from scratch and the problem isn't there so I'm obviously missing something with my manual extractions. ADD: or at least that's what I thought. The first time that I ran with a fresh install everything was fine but I didn't run the EQ2MAP Updater. When I ran the Updater the problem was back. I'm going to start again from scratch and run a couple tests then post the results.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 11-18-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Unread 11-18-2007, 01:36 AM
A Griffon

Ok, after extensive testing and a major headache I've come to the conclusion that the underlining factor causing the problem described in 1b above is that the EQ2MAP Updater is pushing a newer version of the core_plugins.xml file.

I reinstalled Fetish from scratch and the problem didn't occure. After running the Updater the problem reappeared so I took a look at the update log and the only file that made any sense as to possible causing this issue was that file. After replacing the file with the one from v9.5 the issue was resolved.

Can anything be done about this other than not running the updater or having to replace that file after each update?
Unread 11-18-2007, 02:41 AM
A Griffon

You can do a few things.

1. Don't run the auto updater.
2. Make any files you don't want updated "Read-Only" so the auto updater will skip them.
3. Wait until Zonx updates his files.

I think any of those should work.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:11 AM
A Griffon

1 & 3 isn't a problem, especially now that I know what is causing the conflict. However, just to note that setting the file to Read Only causes an Updating Error when running the Patcher stating that access to the file could not be gained (I paraphrase of course).

Thanks for the response.
Unread 11-18-2007, 04:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:

Did as you suggested and its working fine now
Thx for the help
And keep up the good work for noobs like me
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Not able to open tradeskill recipes

Anyone else not able to open their tradeskill recipe page or their Achievement page?
Is this a bug or just something we need to wait for a patch for?
Unread 11-19-2007, 01:08 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

FloridaFringe, I suggest you do a careful comparison of your skinnable_WindowElements.xml against mine. Several changes were made to that file, some of which were needed to properly size and position sub elements.

I'll double-check the map title, there's an extra button and I'm not 100% sure I adjusted the title width to accomodate.

The titlebar arangement while the map is shrunk may change. If I can make the location box more functional in this state I will. The Fog text getting cropped probably wont change, there simply isn't room and the box is still functional. In fact I might just clear the text when shrunk.

RE POI scaling: I think there's a couple issues at work here but I'll be looking into it more to confirm.

1) EQ2Maps uses 2 custom layers for its icons, an overlay and an underlay. SOE was kind enough to build in scaling support for the overlay but may have missed support for the underlay. I think this explains the large icons in zones with official maps problem.

2) Zones with no official map seam to be suffering from a different/general problem. I need to look into this more to determine exactly what the prob is.

- Could be a naming issue with the POI layer
- could be these zones all use the underlay for some reason
- or could be SOE's code isn't even looking for POIs on custom maps.

Yep, I noticed the Examine window prob. Its a visual annoyance I'll eventually fix
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:36 AM
A Griffon

Thanks for the feedback.

FYI: I'm using your latest skinnable_WindowElements.xml file with 2 minor changes:

1. Removed parent.allowcloseontop=”false” to allow for Close on Esc
2. Changed TextColor="#88CCFF" to TextColor="#F0D080" for the Title.

Neither of those changes should cause any issues with sub-elements as far as I can tell. The issues described above with the Drop-Down menu are definitely from the new core_plugins.xml file that the EQ2MAP Updater is pushing. Since replacing that 1 file back to the one supplied by v9.5 I haven't had the issue since.

As always, I'm certainly not worried about anything that I report, I just wanted you to be aware if you weren't already. Thanks for all the hard work.

BTW, the Examine thing is so minor I probably wouldn't wast too much time on it.
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:56 AM
A Griffon

A new eq2map should be available now. It is most likely not compatible with the current Fetish because of the plugins and fancy scripting.

The files involved are:

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml
eq2map\skinnable_Skinnable_Styles.xml
eq2map\skinnable_WindowElements.xml
eq2map\zones_freeport.xml
eq2map\zones_qeynos.xml
eq2map\zones_world.xml

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-19-2007, 10:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye
Default Fetish Layout

I realise that they are just there to give people a starting point for configuring the UI to their own liking, but the layout for 1280x1024 is broken.

i decided to give your whole UI a go as i have been using bits and pieces of it for a while so i loaded the preset you supply and i ended up with the layout in the screenshot below.

The toolbars overlap and seem too big and some of the other windows are actually off the edge of the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000000.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	6133  
Unread 11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I ran the EQMap updater and it updated the files mentioned in the post above. The map now is using the EQ2 default it seems ( although a couple of the the fetish parts were there also). The map is working, although I really want the fetish back. The fetish buttons are in the way of the EQ2 waypoint button, which has been relocated to the bottom of the map window. Also the check box to remove the fog is gone....which makes me sad!

Is there a quick fix to this (or which file I would delete so that the fetish buttons are not in the way of the waypoint button for example)...until Zonx is able to fix the Fetish map to be compatible with the changes?

Zonx I love your UI and the work you put into it and I hope a fix to the maps isn't too hard.

Edit: OK...my husband is using the default UI and he has updated via the EQmaps updater. His map still has the check box for the Fog. My map is completely missing the check box since the changes to the map.

Last edited by diihia : 11-19-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by diihia View Post
I ran the EQMap updater and it updated the files mentioned in the post above. The map now is using the EQ2 default it seems ( although a couple of the the fetish parts were there also). The map is working, although I really want the fetish back. The fetish buttons are in the way of the EQ2 waypoint button, which has been relocated to the bottom of the map window. Also the check box to remove the fog is gone....which makes me sad!

Is there a quick fix to this (or which file I would delete so that the fetish buttons are not in the way of the waypoint button for example)...until Zonx is able to fix the Fetish map to be compatible with the changes?

Zonx I love your UI and the work you put into it and I hope a fix to the maps isn't too hard.

Edit: OK...my husband is using the default UI and he has updated via the EQmaps updater. His map still has the check box for the Fog. My map is completely missing the check box since the changes to the map.
Make sure that you have set the updater to ask to overwrite mainhud_map, and when it does tell it "NO" -- that way your map should stay Fetish brand
Closed Thread