EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-05-2005, 11:25 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Default XP Bar's

Hiya's,

Great job on your UI, best one around IMHO.

Would it be possible for you to include a version of the full experiance bar, that was half the size?

I really like having the big one up but it takes up alot of room.

Cheers,

Walter.

P.s I know you can resize it before anyone says but I want the whole thing but smaller.
Unread 10-05-2005, 03:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default /petition, Search For Help and Customer Service Tickets don't work...

That's about the sum of it. When I type something in the search bar, the Search button does not become clickable. Nor can I click on the bottom button to open a ticket. I removed Thor UI and it works fine.

Can this be duplicated by anyone else?
Unread 10-05-2005, 04:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
Best bet would be to manually add the file (may have to pick it out of the Fenix UI .zip file, unless that particular mod is listed separately), then making sure the auto-updater doesnt have any of the player window files checked in the Features tab (hit the Advanced button on the updater window to get to this tab). By not having it marked, the file won't get overwritten.
Yup I did a foray into the unknown (well to me non standard UI is new to me but computers and .ini files and such are not). I added the Fenix at first and then noticed some problems due to not being totally compliant to LU13 tried the Draco'Kyn one and voila a player window I really do enjoy!!

Thanks to all whom made this possible the AU and the UI tweaks and so forth. Top notch guys keep up the good work.
Unread 10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Guk
Default duplicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoland
That's about the sum of it. When I type something in the search bar, the Search button does not become clickable. Nor can I click on the bottom button to open a ticket. I removed Thor UI and it works fine.

Can this be duplicated by anyone else?

Yes, I cannot start a petition as well since the search ticket button does not actually search the knowledgebase articles. It should, then you could click on the 'create CS ticket' button, but it does not.

Can this be addressed soon-ish ?

Thanks for an outstanding UI and now auto-updater too. Tons of effort is obvious.... kudos!
Unread 10-05-2005, 09:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Default AU - probs with icon_map3.dds

Hi Guys,

Firstly let me add my praise for an excellent UI mod and updater, thanks heaps Faetyl and MrNice

I've come across a prob with the auto updater when it downloads the icon_map3.dds file... it gets to 50% of the download then freezes. I've temp managed to stop the problem by disabling the 'MAP POI Icons' in the feature list... however i'd really like to use this feature if possible...

i'll leave 'MAP POI Icons' off untill i hear back...

Thanks again for a most excellent mod

Cheers

-Zen
Unread 10-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Hey all

I wanted to give a quick update...
I had a thirteen hour work day today hence not getting to this sooner.

I'm updating EQ2 now so I can get the latest changes.
I'll try to get the support and POI issues resolved ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

------------------------------

Update:

-Map POI
Issue appears to have resolved itself.
If you're still having an issue downloading this, please delete your thorui directory and try again.

-Help Window
SOE has done a complete revamp to the layout and game data with the help window.
The fix will take some time and Milquetowst is the master so I would recommend the following:
1.) Use what you have now knowing the CS Ticket part is broken until Milquetowst posts his update and then I apply that update to the ThorUI
-or-
2.) Deselect the Help plugin and delete "eq2ui_mainhud_help.xml" from your thorui directory. (This will return you to the SOE default)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 10-06-2005 at 01:22 AM.
Unread 10-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

It will indeed take some doing but I am planning to look into this.
My "slim" version is pretty much a stand in for this when I am able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter
Hiya's,

Great job on your UI, best one around IMHO.

Would it be possible for you to include a version of the full experiance bar, that was half the size?

I really like having the big one up but it takes up alot of room.

Cheers,

Walter.

P.s I know you can resize it before anyone says but I want the whole thing but smaller.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 10-05-2005, 10:18 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Unhappy problem with install/config...... help

k well I can't get this thor UI thing to work.

I've deleted all the old UI files, I've also deleted the old uisetting files I had for each of my chars and all.

I've made sure to delete eq2.ini

I've made sure that the only UI skin I have is default (folder)

Installed the thor UI thing and did the window wizard and this is what I get...

(see image below)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	badscreen1.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	3820  
Unread 10-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I see the UI window items there so it's working correctly.
You just need to redo the window placements again either with the wizard or by hand.
Remember the window wizard only works if you download the window placement files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo12345
k well I can't get this thor UI thing to work.

I've deleted all the old UI files, I've also deleted the old uisetting files I had for each of my chars and all.

I've made sure to delete eq2.ini

I've made sure that the only UI skin I have is default (folder)

Installed the thor UI thing and did the window wizard and this is what I get...

(see image below)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-06-2005, 02:24 AM
A Brown Bear

Default still prob with Map POI Icons download

Hi Faetyl,

I deleted the thorui folder and restarted the AU, still had the same problem, AU froze half way through downloading 'Map POI Icons' (icon_map3.dds), and i had to terminate.

Another problem... (sorry to be a pain)
I thought i'd copy over my custon video presets that i had setup under your last ThorUI version, and i noticed the updater is downloading new versions of 'eq2ui_custompreset1.xml (2+3)' (custom video preset files). I tried to use the eq2ui_custompreset.exe program to reset them, with no luck unfortunately, and the eq2ui_custompreset.cfg and readme.txt have the same contents so i couldn't see if i was doing somthing wrong by checking the readme file - i had no prob with your last version, so i'm not sure what has happened here.

Just a thought, if the updater is matching the custom video preset files with a date time stamp with the ones on your server, then everytime somebody resaves new settings using the eq2ui_custompreset.exe program, these will be overwritten by the AU because the timestamp will have changed.

Also to note, when the AU finishes, and i manually copy my custom video preset files in the thorui folder before i start eq2, then start eq2, it all seems to work ok - could an option be to not check the custom preset files with the ones on your server?

sorry if i appear to be complaining, just tryin to help make this the best UI mod i know just about all my guild use it, so... thumbs up !!

Cheers

-Zen

Last edited by Zenubi : 10-06-2005 at 03:43 AM.
Unread 10-06-2005, 05:39 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenubi
Hi Faetyl,

I deleted the thorui folder and restarted the AU, still had the same problem, AU froze half way through downloading 'Map POI Icons' (icon_map3.dds), and i had to terminate.

I thought i'd copy over my custon video presets that i had setup under your last ThorUI version, and i noticed the updater is downloading new versions of 'eq2ui_custompreset1.xml (2+3)' (custom video preset files). I tried to use the eq2ui_custompreset.exe program to reset them, with no luck unfortunately, and the eq2ui_custompreset.cfg and readme.txt have the same contents so i couldn't see if i was doing somthing wrong by checking the readme file - i had no prob with your last version, so i'm not sure what has happened here.

Just a thought, if the updater is matching the custom video preset files with a date time stamp with the ones on your server, then everytime somebody resaves new settings using the eq2ui_custompreset.exe program, these will be overwritten by the AU because the timestamp will have changed.

Also to note, when the AU finishes, and i manually copy my custom video preset files in the thorui folder before i start eq2, then start eq2, it all seems to work ok - could an option be to not check the custom preset files with the ones on your server?

sorry if i appear to be complaining, just tryin to help make this the best UI mod i know just about all my guild use it, so... thumbs up !!

Cheers

-Zen

If you'll send the .LOG files in the auto update directory to [email protected] I can see what's causing the freeze. Custom preset not sure what option is downloading that file, I'll check the logs and let you know.
Unread 10-06-2005, 08:43 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Default Well you wanted a list :)

Hiya’s

Well you asked for it! So here it is a list of all the interface pieces I use that I would love to be in the updater. It would be great if any or all of these could be added, it would save me the hassle of installing them myself. Especially as some of them don’t seem to work with your new version.

Insomniac’s Scrolless chat -
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3232

Fetish Group 4.4 –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3644

Depechenodes’ HO –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3561

Mook’s Hotbar –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3344

Mook’s Pet –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3289

Tony3l33t Mini-spells -
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3375

Fetish Turbo Target –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3649

Fetish Player –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3645

Fetish Exchange –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3648

Ger’s Tracking –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3505

Mahonri’s Shutdown –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4008

Milquetowst Clock and Compass –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3820

Mahonri’s Coin Info –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3951

Pooka’s Mail –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4010

Oeric’s Death –
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3754

I would also love an option to use the old bubbles breath thing as that fish is err…. Crap! (No offence). Anyway keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Walter.
Unread 10-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Yes if an item is selected it will continue to "update" to the version on the update server.
If you modify the presets, custom notes, or any file for that matter you should select the item in order to download it then deselect the feature so it won't be updated/overwritten.
You may then modify those items without fear or your changes being lost.

The only other solution would be to add exceptions to individual files so they are only downloaded on the initial load. This may be possible but quite honestly would add yet another complexity to the ThorUI that i'm finding less time for recently.

I'll check with Robert and see if it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenubi
Hi Faetyl,

Cheers

-Zen
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-06-2005, 06:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default re: problem with install..

Ok... I"ve manually reorganized the windows like I want them to be. The only problem I have is the chat window. it's stuck in the middle of the screen to the left. I've tried to choose "default location" (thinking it would shift it downwards) and well it did nothing. I've also checked the chat window to make sure it was not locked.... and well it's not locked. When ever I do a mouse over the chat window and I see the + mark next tot he arrow I should be able to move it... but it wont move, instead it shift my game view (pan up/down/right/left) as if i'm manully shifting the view.

Unread 10-06-2005, 07:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Gambling window

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when the Thor UI is running, I can't see the gambling pop-up window. I tried it without the UI and it works fine, I can see the pop-up window great.

Other than that..great UI..thanks!
Unread 10-06-2005, 07:32 PM
A Forest Scavenger

probably hasn't been updated yet for thorui....
Unread 10-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Click default opacity and default location.
If that doesn't work delete "eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml" and reload the game.
If the chat window is still having issues it's your window placment file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo12345
Ok... I"ve manually reorganized the windows like I want them to be. The only problem I have is the chat window. it's stuck in the middle of the screen to the left. I've tried to choose "default location" (thinking it would shift it downwards) and well it did nothing. I've also checked the chat window to make sure it was not locked.... and well it's not locked. When ever I do a mouse over the chat window and I see the + mark next tot he arrow I should be able to move it... but it wont move, instead it shift my game view (pan up/down/right/left) as if i'm manully shifting the view.

Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Every update I get users that report items don't work with the ThorUI when in fact they do.

This is again one of those situations. (See attachement for confirmation)

One of the main benefits to using the ThorUI is the fact that I refuse to modify the eq2ui.xml, eq2ui_mainhud.xml, or any other main reference files therefore making updates window specific.
For example: if SOE adds a new window you will get that new window immediately.

Please delete your copy of the thorui and redownload as you appear to have a corruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abusabus
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when the Thor UI is running, I can't see the gambling pop-up window. I tried it without the UI and it works fine, I can see the pop-up window great.

Other than that..great UI..thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000005.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	3831  
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Slim EXP

Done
Let me know what you think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
It will indeed take some doing but I am planning to look into this.
My "slim" version is pretty much a stand in for this when I am able.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-07-2005, 03:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love the thorUI, i was just wondering if there was a way to change the colors, say like in fetish nightfall. its all purple. Id love to change it to like blue or something. thanks
Unread 10-07-2005, 04:44 AM
A Griffawn

Default Great Mod

Must say this is a very nice mod. Only issue I have is that when running the updater for it, it sticks whatever it downloads into my C:\ directory and NOT into my UI folder for EQ2. No biggie, after its done I just copy the downloaded folder to where it needs to be. I then run UI Switcher, choose Thor, then run EQ2Map Updater, and that launches EQ2 and I am good to go.
Good job overall though.

Drunador
Unread 10-07-2005, 05:31 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunador
Must say this is a very nice mod. Only issue I have is that when running the updater for it, it sticks whatever it downloads into my C:\ directory and NOT into my UI folder for EQ2. No biggie, after its done I just copy the downloaded folder to where it needs to be. I then run UI Switcher, choose Thor, then run EQ2Map Updater, and that launches EQ2 and I am good to go.
Good job overall though.

Drunador
Go to the advanced window and make sure the path to EverQuest is correct. If Thor UI does not see Everquest's install path in the registery then it does not know where to put things. Once you correct the path in Auto Update it should put things in the correct place.
Unread 10-07-2005, 05:34 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Default More features coming..

Hi,

I'll be working this weekend on an option to allow you to ask Auto Update to intially download and then ignore modifications to a particular option. That way you can download things like information files and then edit them with no fear of getting them overwritten.

The update will automatically deploy to you once I get it posted.
Unread 10-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

It is possible; that would involve making a copy of all graphics used then changing the tint on them.
I don't foresee me having enough time to do something like this anytime soon unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurganxy
I love the thorUI, i was just wondering if there was a way to change the colors, say like in fetish nightfall. its all purple. Id love to change it to like blue or something. thanks
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-07-2005, 01:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I was wondering, is there an online txt guide somewheres that would explain how to do (for example) a new casting bar... what images I need.... is it just an animated image etc.

I reallly like the one included with thorUI, but I find it's big on my screen since I have to run a 1024x resolution.

Thanks,