EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Closed Thread
Unread 03-25-2005, 01:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default download

how do i download the new version? when i clcik on the link i am told i am not authorized to view this page.
Unread 03-25-2005, 03:09 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by klevious
how do i download the new version? when i clcik on the link i am told i am not authorized to view this page.
The file hasn't been approved yet... All you can do is wait.
Unread 03-25-2005, 03:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

ahh.... ok just can't wait to get it.

i must learn patience.
Unread 03-25-2005, 05:53 PM
A Sea Turtle

There is a new feature in the quest journal that is not showing up on yours. On the completed page it now has a total of how many quests have been completed. Hope to see this in yours soon as it beats having to go out to eq2players each day to see the latest updates.
Unread 03-25-2005, 06:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Found a bug when trying to pick a new char trait...

I recently lvled to 16 on my summoner, and I get a new mastery spell, however when i click the green pluss, the window opens, but there is nothing there. Its just a blank window, and i am unable to pick my new mastery skill.
Unread 03-25-2005, 07:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

love the UI

however after i level to 44 i was unable to select a racial trait
the windows appeared but nothing was in there
switched back to default ui and was able to choose one from there
Unread 03-25-2005, 10:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Yep, racial trait window doesn't work. Also with the xp bar again... the level is in the wrong spot. It should be right by the class name and the mentor level to the left of it because that gap looks weird...
Unread 03-25-2005, 11:09 PM
A Griffon

Beta 3 looks great, but I am still using the dynamic bags from beta 2, as I really like my 66%, 2-column bags/bank boxes.

The tracking window looks great, but it would be nice if turning off the title bar actually saved us some space. As it is now, all it does is hide the word Tracking. Is it possible to make it so that hiding the title bar moves the close button down next to the con selectors so that the con selectors are the top line of the window?

I really like your mod, but I would like to see examine windows like these, or maybe someone could help me figure out how to modify these to use the nightfall border colors and close box. I already managed to make them use the nightfall background, but I don't have a clue as to how to change the border and button styles.

Last edited by Dadditude : 03-25-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Unread 03-25-2005, 11:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I downloaded and am using this UI, one glitch I'm experiencing is the training option window that is now active on my lvl 12 brawler .. when I open the window I have no selections both sides of the box screens are completely blank. Thus making it impossible to make a choice so that the darn annoying green highlighted box goes away.
Unread 03-26-2005, 02:37 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Kithicor
Exclamation Bug on Character Customization

not sure what its called, but you know the big + you get at certain levels?

well when i got one tonight, the text windows for my choices, and the text for what the description of the choice was....were both blank.

no way to select them, stuck with the plus sign, and can no longer get quest credit.

not to worry though, i just moved the EQ2.ini and relogged, selected the mastery with the default UI and loaded yours back up.

AWESOME interface, wish i had the time and knowledge to do one myself, until then, i will keep using yours
Unread 03-26-2005, 03:02 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Working on the Advancement Choice window now. Trouble is, I had to lvl a toon up to 8 to debug this.

Expect to have a patch for this, the minor text alignment issue with the XP window and possibly a few other minor things tonight.

So far these appear to be the only bugs with Beta 3.

Regarding reskining other mods to match the Nightfall theme...
Most things can be done with a few edits in Notepad. I suggest opening the Nightfall version next to the replacement file. Find objects in both files with matching names then replace the following properties with values from the Nightfall version:

Style
RstyleDefault
Color
BackgroundColor
TextColor

If you reskin something for Nightfall, plz upload it as an Add-on for others to use
Unread 03-26-2005, 03:06 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Trait Window

As Truspirit said, you cannot select a trait when you level up. Other than that, the UI is perfect for me. I'm running my resolution at 1920x1200, and most other UI's I've tried have been too hard to read. Your UI is the just right size without taking up too much room. A++
Unread 03-26-2005, 03:17 AM
A Griffon

I have found a couple things with Beta 3 that could use addressing:

1. Gap between button to toggle buffs on/off and window title in tradeskill window causing clipping (Woodworking Table becomes Woodworking Tab)

2. When buying from an NPC merchant, window width cannot be made wide enough to allow long item names to be on one line.

3. On XP window, Adv. Level and TS Level should line up vertically.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Woodworking Table.bmp (84.4 KB, 228 views)
File Type: bmp Merchant Width.bmp (91.9 KB, 233 views)
File Type: bmp Level Alignment.bmp (34.8 KB, 244 views)
Unread 03-26-2005, 03:50 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Working on the Advancement Choice window now. Trouble is, I had to lvl a toon up to 8 to debug this.

Expect to have a patch for this, the minor text alignment issue with the XP window and possibly a few other minor things tonight.

So far these appear to be the only bugs with Beta 3.

Regarding reskining other mods to match the Nightfall theme...
Most things can be done with a few edits in Notepad. I suggest opening the Nightfall version next to the replacement file. Find objects in both files with matching names then replace the following properties with values from the Nightfall version:

Style
RstyleDefault
Color
BackgroundColor
TextColor

If you reskin something for Nightfall, plz upload it as an Add-on for others to use
Thanks to your expert guidance, I managed to reskin depechenode's Advanced Examine Windows and submitted it for approval. Thanks for the help, and keep up the good work!
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

This UI is treating me great, yet there is one thing I would love it if you could change or put up an addon that would fix..... It seems that on the loot window I am unable to decline loot without hitting the X in the upper right whereas in the default UI there is a decline button.... Looking into the code I couldnt find a reason for this and or how I would fix it. Thanks
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:15 AM
A Coastal Crab

Bug report -

Large Collector's Pouch is only showing 20 of it's 24 slots. Teak boxes may have the same problem.

This mod owns! I recommend it to everyone, SOE should hire you to make their interface up to snuff.

Wishes:

Right click on map to add bullets with info.

Make the inventory screen have a button you can press to popup a sizeable bag inventory menu, and/or make it condense to only show bags.

Thanks bro! Keep up the good work.

Icculus
Toxxulia server
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:05 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by icculus
Bug report - Large Collector's Pouch is only showing 20 of it's 24 slots. Teak boxes may have the same problem.
Other reports have confirmed this bug fixed with Beta 3. Please varify you're running Beta 3 with bag files included in that download. Also post the bag file name as it appears in the ZIP if you can.

Quote:
Wishes: Right click on map to add bullets with info.
Deffinetly not possible for several reasons.

Quote:
Make the inventory screen have a button you can press to popup a sizeable bag inventory menu, and/or make it condense to only show bags.
This however is quite possible and is something I've been thinking about as an add-on
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:06 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Beta3 Patch1

Beta3 Patch1 Uploaded 4:40 AM PST.

Resolves all reported issues to date.

Need confirmation that Group Loot Decline button works.

If no bugs (as opposed to requests) are reported in the next 3 days, I'll do an official release ahead of schedule.
Unread 03-26-2005, 10:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Chat background

I love this mod!

I actually came here to post the Character trait bug (empty of any text when selecting a charachter trait.) But see many have already done so.

Then i thought about something else i was going to ask. Is it possible to remove the background image from the chat boxes easily? I want to be able to control the transparency but not get that wood like image behind it just a solid colour. Also is it easy to control this colour?

Is this something i could do myself? (I can edit a a text file but know nothing of xml etc...)

Thanks
Daylin
Unread 03-26-2005, 10:36 AM
A Griffon

Found a bug in the store window this morning as I was going into merchant mode... The currently highlighted item in the Store window is not visible, as the highlight completely hides it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	store highlight.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	2105  
Unread 03-26-2005, 11:13 AM
A Griffon

Lightbulb A Request (if it is possible)

Would it be possible to have your status points displayed next to your coins at the bottom of the window when you are buying something from an NPC merchant? That way, when you are at a city merchant, you can tell if you have enough status to buy what you want. It would be really smooth if it only showed up at city merchants, but I'm thinking that would probably be impossible.

Last edited by Dadditude : 03-26-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Unread 03-26-2005, 11:28 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Store Select Fix

grr... not game breaking, but annoying.

Quick fix for Store select:
Open eq2ui_inventory_store.xml
search for BackgroundOpacity="0.157"
Change to BackgroundOpacity="1.000"
then insert Opacity="0.157"
This is actually very similar to the Choice bug. SOE just decides to change object layering in a few windows for no apparent reason. In this case the highlight box is getting moved from behind the icon and text to the front. With the Choice window, it was putting the frame background in front

Last edited by Zonx : 03-26-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Unread 03-26-2005, 11:41 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylin
Is it possible to remove the background image from the chat boxes easily? Also is it easy to control this colour?
eq2ui_mainhud.mainchat.xml
2nd to last line should be an Object named WC_Backdrop.
Delete RStyleDefault="/Fetish.FrameStyles.fetish_bg"

This will make the background a solid black.

insert BackgroundColor="#0000FF"

Any hex color value will work. #0000FF happens to be blue. If you don't know how hex colors work, Google for "web color pallet". There's plenty of sample pages out there.
Unread 03-26-2005, 11:48 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Oggok

Not sure if this has been posted, not much time to read post today.

Maps in FreePort still show no overlaying markers to help with merchants/direction of different areas. ie.. NFP, WFP, SFP, Big Bend, etc...

Maps in The Sprawl and several other low level areas are now White. No POI overlay in Comman Lands, haven't been to Nek lately so I can't speak for that one.

Persona window will not stay the size/style chosen for it to stay. Would like to be able to change the persona window back to original style. Please let me know if this is possible so I might be bale to do this myself.

Headers for many windows do not resize so some headers are cutoff leaving only half of the title to be seen.

Thanks for the work you do on this UI, it is the only one I will use.
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

One other bug I ran into..... my maintained buff window is not coming up, I have tryed the hotkey Alt M to no success..... please look into this
Closed Thread