EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-26-2006, 05:13 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Vert 3.3

I apologize for the delay in getting this out, with the holidays going I never realized LU30 finally came out.... i know slacking on reading forums :P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
LU30 Compatable!

It's the holidays so i'll spare you with my odd sense of humour and just get to the good stuff.

- New Hotbar window is in
- Fixed HP display on inspection
- LFG window fixed for LU30.
Unread 12-26-2006, 05:16 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigH
The new hotbutton window appears blank (similar to the problem that occurred with the transmuting/tinkering button from the last update)
Fixed
Quote:
When I select a quest from an NPC, no description of the quest appears.
Fixed

Quote:
The LFG/LFW search window doesn't seem to work. Instead of player names showing, it says [DEVL] TEST.
Fixed

Last edited by Ranot : 12-26-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Unread 02-01-2007, 12:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I must say I love the Ui. Had a few problems with it before LU 31 though. When I tried to respect from the vendor it came up with a message saying the UI was incompatible with the vendor and I needed to switch to the default UI.

The other thing is resizing the bags. Every time I would have the bags resized to the way I wanted them and close them , then reopen they would go back to the default size.

Other then those few things the UI worked great.
Unread 02-17-2007, 01:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Will there be any updates? This is my favorite UI!
Unread 02-24-2007, 01:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

yeah i installed everything the right way but still am confused about the info center stuff.. it never comes up when i open up the journal and what not.. and its really helpful to have it sometimes
Unread 02-26-2007, 11:12 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Butcherblock

ooh. 32 coming up with some ui changes I do believe.
Unread 03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
A Grizzled Badger

or..... maybe not
Unread 03-03-2007, 09:40 PM
A Griffon

Default Vert 3.4

Wow.... can it be true? a new version of vert?

yeah i havn't played since EOF, so i admit, since nothing was game breaking I wasn't working on vert... but new LU, it's probably about time i updated... so here it is, vert 3.4.

Changes
---------
LU32 Compatable (at least as far as i tested everything...)
Achievement window has been fixed
achievement merchant window fixed
bags should be fixed

as always, post bugs you find and i'll try to fix them.
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:14 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Obviously I have way too much time on my hands.
I cant remember what it was from but I clicked on something yesterday and it came up with a window with a black square in the middle that I couldnt get rid of ???

I'll try and remember what it was from ASAP.

thanks for the update Ranot
Unread 03-07-2007, 08:44 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hey first things first, love the use of Jaxel's start button, and the mod overall, I used Vert myself in EQ1.

Was wondering if the Ctrl + ~ for the startbutton for Jaxel's was the default button for something that could be changed in the controls section? I customized my controls, and am really not looking forward to remapping them all again. I tried the Ctrl + ~ just incase it was a static control, but nothing happened. Any ideas you got would be very much appreciated.
Unread 03-07-2007, 03:39 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn
Hey first things first, love the use of Jaxel's start button, and the mod overall, I used Vert myself in EQ1.

Was wondering if the Ctrl + ~ for the startbutton for Jaxel's was the default button for something that could be changed in the controls section? I customized my controls, and am really not looking forward to remapping them all again. I tried the Ctrl + ~ just incase it was a static control, but nothing happened. Any ideas you got would be very much appreciated.
It should be the key bound to show/hide the start button (alt-~ by default not ctrl-~). I'm looking into ways to make it show all the time, so hopefully soon it won't be needed.
Unread 03-07-2007, 04:00 PM
A Griffon

Alt, my bad =) so the default for the Menu button (not the menu itself) as it doesn't seem to have an option for startbutton for controls configuration.

(EDIT) Got it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranot
It should be the key bound to show/hide the start button (alt-~ by default not ctrl-~). I'm looking into ways to make it show all the time, so hopefully soon it won't be needed.

Last edited by abbelyn : 03-09-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:39 PM
A Coastal Crab

I rather like this mod thus far with one major caveot, which may very well be my missing something. Is there a way to have the targetting window display spell effects (debuffs particularlly) on the target? I've been playing a defiler and seeing the current debuffs/dots on a target as I tab through an encounter is extremely handy. I used the original Vert UI back in my EQ1 days and would love to use this new itteration in my toying with EQ2. Any advice is certainly appreciated, and keep up the good work.

-Shiftypete
Unread 03-09-2007, 08:14 PM
A Griffon

One last thing I've noticed, if you pull up the quest log, it doesn't seem to have a scroll bar to cycle through the quests on the left.

Any Ideas on this, as trying to replace the quests journal didn't seem to fix it..
Unread 03-10-2007, 11:15 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftypete
I rather like this mod thus far with one major caveot, which may very well be my missing something. Is there a way to have the targetting window display spell effects (debuffs particularlly) on the target? I've been playing a defiler and seeing the current debuffs/dots on a target as I tab through an encounter is extremely handy. I used the original Vert UI back in my EQ1 days and would love to use this new itteration in my toying with EQ2. Any advice is certainly appreciated, and keep up the good work.
I've actually been trying to figure this one out... all the code is in place, and the windows are set to work when compared to the default UI, but it dosn't, it is definately being worked on tho so hopefully soon it'll be in place and working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn
One last thing I've noticed, if you pull up the quest log, it doesn't seem to have a scroll bar to cycle through the quests on the left.

Any Ideas on this, as trying to replace the quests journal didn't seem to fix it..
I'll add it, at one point all scroll bars in vert were hidden ones so mousewheel would still scroll, and it looked cleaner, enough wanted them back that i've been replacing them as people comment they found one missing... as for trying to replace it with a new one, with the way vert works it wouldn't go since I've modified the default components to use vert images so converting new UI pieces would be easier.
Unread 03-11-2007, 12:25 AM
A Griffon

Did a wipe and reinstall of the UI folder from a fresh download, seems the scroll arrows are pulling up good now, did run into another thing while doing the JBoots quest. The timer that is supposed to count down on the smaller quest screen does not display the time,b ut does display the word time, and a black box. I fogot to get a screen shot, but can do that tomorrow. Keep up th excellent work Ranot =)

Quote:
I've actually been trying to figure this one out... all the code is in place, and the windows are set to work when compared to the default UI, but it dosn't, it is definately being worked on tho so hopefully soon it'll be in place and working.

I'll add it, at one point all scroll bars in vert were hidden ones so mousewheel would still scroll, and it looked cleaner, enough wanted them back that i've been replacing them as people comment they found one missing... as for trying to replace it with a new one, with the way vert works it wouldn't go since I've modified the default components to use vert images so converting new UI pieces would be easier.
Unread 04-02-2007, 03:13 PM
A Grizzled Badger

hhmm. cant edit macro's now

fix coming Ranot? I just did a fresh install 3 days ago
Unread 04-04-2007, 11:34 PM
A Griffon

is the macro window the only problem with LU33? lol havn't been ingame since I updated it for LU32 so no idea what might of broken :P
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:55 AM
A Grizzled Badger

also noticed that I can't edit the guild MOTD.

the macro thing really sucks,hehe. makes it kinda hard to assist. good thing Im MT for our guild.

I havent noticed anything else so far. oh yeah. cant do the achievment reset either, get the message "ui not compatible" or whatever. which was no biggie. could revert to old UI ,then go back to vert, but then i have to re-arrange all my hotbars when that happens

can you fix my lag also??? haha. :jk
Unread 04-06-2007, 12:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
is the macro window the only problem with LU33? lol havn't been ingame since I updated it for LU32 so no idea what might of broken :P

There is also a new Bag Option that doesn't seem to work.
Unread 04-09-2007, 09:28 PM
A Griffon

Default V3.5

well, here it is, took longer then expected because i was trying to figure out why some things people were saying don't work (like bag options) worked for me...

my only suggestion is install this from scratch, see if that helps... could be left over files from older installs, could be something was missing...

Updates
---------
LU33 Compatable - yep that means new macro window is in and working
Achievement Merchant - Try #2 on this one... seems to be working for me after
the fix, hopefully it does for you aswell.
Unread 04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
A Griffon

Default The UI

As many may of guessed I don't play EQ2 anymore, I've only been keeping my Account active strictly to login after LU's and fix the UI...

If anyone wishes to donate towards this cost i'm incurring just for the UI you can always do so to [email protected] on paypal.

I will never require anyone to pay anything as UI's should always be free
Unread 04-10-2007, 06:06 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Woot!!
Thanks Ranot.
cant donate right now, but I'll try in the future.
Unread 04-10-2007, 11:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

Hi Ranot. Been using Vert Reborn and love it. Thanks for the great work on this.
One issue I'm having is the start button keeps defaulting back to the standard button without the nifty doodads you've added.
If I start a new character and login, I get it. I log out, then back in it's gone.
If I use load_uisettings between characters to load a profile it doesn't show up. Just the standard Start button.
Is there something I'm missing? I read through some of the info but didn't want to go through the whole thread. my apologies if this is something that's been covered.

Thanks
Unread 04-11-2007, 12:41 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcLite
Hi Ranot. Been using Vert Reborn and love it. Thanks for the great work on this.
One issue I'm having is the start button keeps defaulting back to the standard button without the nifty doodads you've added.
If I start a new character and login, I get it. I log out, then back in it's gone.
If I use load_uisettings between characters to load a profile it doesn't show up. Just the standard Start button.
Is there something I'm missing? I read through some of the info but didn't want to go through the whole thread. my apologies if this is something that's been covered.

Thanks
This is a bug with the start button, there is no way to have it display right away that I have found, to load it just press 'alt-~' twice, first time will hide the start button, second time will bring it back along with the extra buttons, or you can manually start it with /show_window MainHUD.Inventory (macro possibility for easy start..)