EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

View Poll Results: Kosmo's NightVision Yah like it?
Yes 68 86.08%
No 11 13.92%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-25-2005, 10:56 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

FYI - I do intend to include Ger's new parser in an updated package soon. I just want to make sure I don't want to roll out any changes before then.

I hate to have the mods updated too often.
Unread 05-13-2005, 04:58 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Is there any chance that you could merge this with Tyejae Steel bottom by Perdition - V8 somehow? It has a button for disabling shadows, but I'd prefer 3 or more settings I could control in there.

Thanks for your efforts, your mod is one of the best!
Unread 05-13-2005, 07:14 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Been done already...

If you dont want the rest of the addons in the zip file just take out

eq2ui_custompreset1.xml
eq2ui_custompreset2.xml
eq2ui_custompreset3.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_performancepanel.xml
eq2ui_nightvision.xml

And drop them in BottomV8 folder then use the Preset parser to configure.

Done like this you will have to add this line into eq2ui_mainhud.xml
<INCLUDE>eq2ui_mainhud_performancepanel.xml</INCLUDE>

And set up a macro with the command

/show_window MainHUD.PerformancePanel

My version does not have any grafix though its just little boxes....
Unread 05-16-2005, 03:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Custom Presets

I posted the following ont he Goldi Startbutton thread but didn't get any responces. I suppose this would probably be a better place to post it:

I'm having an odd problem with the Custom Display. I was able to successfully set the first spot with my display settings. I want to set the second spot with the same settings, only with complex shader distance set to -1. For some reason the second setting wont work. The first setting works fine in all regards, the second seems to change all the settings except the one i want...the shader. If the shader is already at -1, or any value, and I click the first box, no problem, it changes. If I click the second the shader will not change. If it is set at -1 it will stay there, if it is set for 20, 100, 150, anything...it still reamins the same. I checked the XML files and the OnSet values appear to be the same for setting 1 and 2 other than the shader distance.
Any ideas?
Unread 05-16-2005, 05:05 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlen
I posted the following ont he Goldi Startbutton thread but didn't get any responces. I suppose this would probably be a better place to post it:

I'm having an odd problem with the Custom Display. I was able to successfully set the first spot with my display settings. I want to set the second spot with the same settings, only with complex shader distance set to -1. For some reason the second setting wont work. The first setting works fine in all regards, the second seems to change all the settings except the one i want...the shader. If the shader is already at -1, or any value, and I click the first box, no problem, it changes. If I click the second the shader will not change. If it is set at -1 it will stay there, if it is set for 20, 100, 150, anything...it still reamins the same. I checked the XML files and the OnSet values appear to be the same for setting 1 and 2 other than the shader distance.
Any ideas?
I don't have any way to test now days, so these are just guesses.
The first thing I can think of is that the slider is simply not changing possitions.
One wayt o check this. Click your button number 1 and then look at your settings. They should be wherever you normally have it set.
Not with the settings window still up. Click your second button.
Which 'should' only change the shaders if that is the only difference between the two profiles. After you do that click accept.
Then open up the settings window again, and see if the shaders are set to -1.
Some of the sliders are set to continually up date and some are not.
Another example of inconsistant code within the UI.

Anyway, if that is not it, I would suspect that there is an issue with the 'negative' sign.

Laffs and ger are both very familiar with the project, some bug might have showed up with the parser or something.

Also I know you already checked but double check the XML file for your button #2 and make sure it's got -1 in the setting for complex shaders.
Unread 05-16-2005, 07:46 PM
A Griffon

I would say its the -1 thats the problem most values seem to be at 0 now, I have a profile with shaders off and all I use is 0 ... And it switches np at all
Unread 05-17-2005, 10:41 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
I would say its the -1 thats the problem most values seem to be at 0 now, I have a profile with shaders off and all I use is 0 ... And it switches np at all
I am pretty sure I tested that -1 when we were sorting all things out with the original parser, I'll have to double check the notes if i can find them.
Unread 05-17-2005, 03:44 PM
A Brown Bear

It did turn out to be the -1. When I set it to 0 it changed like it was supposed to. Not exactly the same thing, but pretty close. Thanks for the help!
Unread 05-17-2005, 03:57 PM
A Griffon

Laffs has a mod that turns the complex shaders off, you might wantt o check the XML for that and see what it sets it to.

-1.0 Should work. Maybe the parser is not handling the signed integer correctly?
Unread 05-17-2005, 07:59 PM
A Griffon

Kosmos,

I havent checked to see how the parser is handling that.. But I do know that some of the values have been changed from "-" to "0" values in game and i have made new profiles and they all seem good... I think somthing just gone wrong a bit there thats all, Maybe not be able to make it happen again lol

P.s My shader settings on the button I have in DL section conflict with my preset 1 (normal playing profile) ie offhand it will set back to 60 where as mine is set at 25 I thinks , but I just click "1" again that sorts it... That just proves that there is no probs with the parser etc... Me thinks this was a one off
Unread 05-27-2005, 10:32 AM
A Griffon

- The Balanced profile now enables interactive water and splash particles by default.

Due to the Live Update Notes posted by Dolby.
Modifications may or may not need to be made to the Preset Parser.

You guys might want to double check the changes.

I also wonder if they fixed the bug with that one drop-down box.
I think it was the one for refract+reflect+splash or something.
It had only two options in the drop-down.
The pre-defined profiles worked correctly, but when manually selecting the second choice it should give your INI file a value of 2, rather than 1.
Ger's preset parser, corrected this by detecting a 1, and changing it to 2.

I'm not sure how or if the other changes will affect it. just changes a couple of the 'default' values, but perhaps not the 'default state' of the variables.

Ger and Laffs will understand what I'm talking about. The pre-defined profile matrix will need to be adjusted also, if it's to be keep up to date.

Thanks again guys!

Also Laffs is able to update my mods, if he needs to, and can share that information with Ger, is you prefer to update on the original threads, rather than do add-ons.
Unread 05-30-2005, 08:32 PM
A Griffon

Havent found any problems as yet, I have been making some new profiles etc but havent been doing any real testing so to speak... But it all seems to still work fine.
Unread 05-31-2005, 08:04 PM
A Griffon

Default An Idea!!!

OK guys, as I've said, I am not playing anymore, although I'm half tempted to start playing again, because frankly, nothing else even looks good at this point. I'm not expecting to have a game to play to relax to for at least a year, so EQ2 looks about the best temptation, just because I like this Mod community so much...

Which, I often still find myself thinking about mods that can be done.

So I had an idea to make things for the parser much simpler. If it can be pulled off... I'm not sure, and can't really work on it, but it's a sound idea I think.

The Problem with the parser, is that the XML documents have to be produced by the parser, which means that the buttons are not really able to be moved, which is a real pain in the ARSE!!!

I'm sure you guys will agree.

My idea.

Make a Parser, that produces three NON-VISIBLE checkboxes, buttons or whatever!!

Then have the UI code for the particular mod, set the press or set state of those buttons.
That could allow for a universal parser for the preformance panel mods, and allow UI mod authors to put thier buttons wherever they like!

This would probably be best serverd, by having the parser produce a seperate window, and put the buttons in that window invisible and offscreen.
Then the mod authors could address those buttons by thier, standard .notation names, which would free up the problem of having the buttons hard coded to a certain location.

Last edited by Kosmos : 05-31-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Unread 05-31-2005, 08:08 PM
A Griffon

Its still a question of location though is it not? and that wouldnt solve that problem? Or have I missed somthing here

Oh and I knew it wouldnt be long before you was back lol... Thinking up stuff and not being able to try it out for yourself is enough to drive you nutz man
Unread 05-31-2005, 08:42 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Its still a question of location though is it not? and that wouldnt solve that problem? Or have I missed somthing here

Oh and I knew it wouldnt be long before you was back lol... Thinking up stuff and not being able to try it out for yourself is enough to drive you nutz man

Well, this is ofcourse only my brain here working, no testing. but...

Well, yes and no. As far as location.

You can use one buttons 'OnPress' event to set another buttons stated to 'pressed = true' or 'set = true' for a checkbox.

That being said, It should be totally possible to make a generic parser.
That would say..
Make a generic , non-visible window with three buttons in it, name the buttons a generic name, and have it crate each 'button' xml document, placing the buttons inside this generic non-visible window, perhaps even placed off screen.

That being done.
Any mod author would just have to address those particular button names.
You could put your buttons wherever you wanted, or make the look how ever you prefer.
Just as long as the OnPress or OnSet event of YOUR button, would
activate the associated OnPress, or OnSet event of the appropriate 'hidden' button.
Like. Laffs Widow Button #1 OnPress=GenericWindow.Button1.OnPress=True
Or GenericWindow.Button1.OnSet=True

Which Should set the event to change the profile settings.
Unread 06-01-2005, 11:35 AM
A Griffon

Oh course I knew all the time, I was erm just testing you

A good idea, Will make things much easier and we may even start to see some more mods pop up with the panel in them
Unread 06-02-2005, 10:13 AM
A Griffon

Problem Solved:
Authors wishing to create thier own style and location buttons, for custom profiles, previously would need to modify the Preset Parser program, which generates the XML document for each button. (Which requires source code, and Visual Basic programming know-how)

The only alternative was to use the CustomPreset buttons, and styles as they are. Which doen't fit into many of the really nice complete UI sets available.

Method For Creating your Own Custom Preset Buttons, and Styles, and putting them wherever you want.

I messed around with this on my girlfriends computer this morning, and came up with this as an example.

A single PresetParser can be created that will work for everyone.
So that you don't have to have different settings for each UI Author who wants to incorporate the buttons into thier UI.

This method will also work with the Preset Parser as it is now.

It's pretty easy to understand when you take a look at it.

The Mod Author would need to include these lines in he page that contains their own buttons.

Other than that, you are free to make your own buttons look, or act any way you perfer, including locating them anywhere within that page element. As long as they code them to set the appropriate custompreset checkbox.

<include>eq2ui_custompreset1.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_custompreset1.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_custompreset2.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_custompreset2.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_custompreset3.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_custompreset3.xml</include>

Quote:
OnSet="Parent.Custom1.checked=true Parent.Custom1.checked=true Parent.Custom2.checked=false Parent.Custom2.checked=false Parent.Custom3.checked=false Parent.Custom3.checked=false Parent.ModAuthorsCustom2.checked=false Parent.ModAuthorsCustom2.checked=false Parent.ModAuthorsCustom3.checked=false Parent.ModAUthorsCustom3.checked=false r_performance=1.0 r_performance=1.0"
OnUnset="Parent.Custom1.checked=false Parent.Custom1.checked=false"
If this method is accepted by you guys, the next version of the preset parser can be simplified to create only one style of hidden buttons.
Making things a bit simplier for the end user, and giving Mod Authors much more freedom of placement and style of thier own buttons.

Untill Then, you can just modify 'Visible' control of the files, after the parser spits them out.

Maybe, now performance panel functions will find a way into Fetish!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PerformancePanel.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	2829  
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2_mainhud_performancepanel.zip (3.5 KB, 351 views)
Unread 06-05-2005, 10:12 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Unknown Problem

Great UI, and I've been using it problem free for 2 months.... untill now

Performance Panel works the same as it always has for one of my alts. No problems whatsoever.
Unfortunately, the panel does not show up at all for my other alt. I made no changes; It just decided not to show up anymore a few days ago.
I tried rebooting and reinstalling, and that resulted in the panel appearing, but the startbutton not being visible. The only way to switch alt's was to close the game and restart. So I tried installing another startbutton, which caused the panel to disappear again! Meanwhile everything still works great on the other alt.
In addition, my other UI's (tracking window, MapEQ, etc) all still work fine in both.

Where oh where has my startbutton gone?

thanks
Prandtl
lvl 30 Ranger
Steamfont server
Unread 06-05-2005, 10:51 AM
A Griffon

Sounds like the location probably just got funked somehow for that window.
I'm not sure if you are using the one with auto-show or the one that requires you to type the command to open it. But either way it should be easy to fix.

First Things first. When logged on as the character you are having trouble with. Try typing these commands. These are CASE sensative so make sure you type them exactly like that.

/show_window MainHUD.PerformancePanel

or
/show_window MainHUD.StartButton

If that doesn't work...
Here's how I would do it.

Copy the file on your computer for the character that has the working panel.
So you will have a file copy of (in another directory location) called

server_charactername_eq2_uisettings.ini (good character file)

change the name and and server if needed to match the name of the bad character file.
Past the renamed file back into your EQ2 Directory, and allow it to overright the characterfile that you have in there already.

If that doesn't work, then I've no clue how to help you.
Unread 03-16-2006, 05:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Highkeep
Default performance panel 1.3

well, everything seems to be working correctly except the fact that im unable to see the buttons used to switch between quality levels. im able to switch it, if i just put my arrow in the correct area, but the buttons are just black, like the backdrop.

any ideas?
Unread 03-16-2006, 08:09 PM
A Griffon

You have used the wrong stlyle with the parser tool.
Unread 07-03-2006, 11:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is this mod still supported? I have tried and tried to set my own custom presets but it just doesn't work. I noticed in the eq2ui_custompreset.exe text box that as it scrolls through saving the the various settings it shows that many of the first settings encountered an error and are thus ignored. Is this because the mod is old and these settings have since been changed by Sony?

If this is the case as well as the mod not being supported can anyone recommend another mod that does this that is supported? I so want this functionaility. ^_^

Thanks.
Unread 07-03-2006, 04:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just folliowing up to my own post to say I got this mod to work. If you follow the readme instructions you are setting and saving the presets. The trick however is that you need to log out and restart EQ2. Only then was the mod loading the presets correctly. So set your presets for each of three custom buttons by alt-tabbing out and using he exe that comes with this download ike the instructions say then logout and log back in. When you do all your presets will be ready to go.

Hope this helps some folks. Great mod! This should have included in the game! ^_^ =)
Unread 07-03-2006, 07:58 PM
A Griffon

Yes this is quite an old mod now.. and yes you do have to follow the instructions to the letter or it just wont work properly . Kosmos did an exelent job on both and of course Ger for making the Parser..... Its just sad that they both have moved on to do other stuff along time ago now....

But hey on the bright side it still blooming works
Unread 07-03-2009, 12:06 PM
A Coastal Crab

Question

I realize this mod and thread is years old....but I am having an issue where the customs presets just show black. Saw someone else having the same issue a few replies back, but I have tried both styles in the parser tool with the same result (the black box looks a little different in each, but same issues). The mod works great, I just don't see graphics for the custom configs (mute/night vision/music look fine). I've followed the instructions step by step. Is there a graphics file or something that I may need? Thanks!