EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-28-2005, 07:38 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Unkown
Question Target Spell Effects???

Landiin,

I noticed this works some times on implied targets, I do have the boxes checked in the ui options ingame.

Do these work for you? or have you jsut not worked on that yet?
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammeria
Landiin,

I noticed this works some times on implied targets, I do have the boxes checked in the ui options ingame.

Do these work for you? or have you jsut not worked on that yet?
Like for you they work sometime and sometime they do not. Its due to the way sony has hard coded in the effects position in the target and implied target window. Sony has hard coded them to show up under the bottom most edge of the window. So when they do show (in defualt) the window expand down to show them.

With the way eXtreme's target and implied target window are made doing it that way is not an option. I have tired many way to defeat this but have yet been total successfull.
Unread 12-28-2005, 07:59 PM
A Griffawn

Thanks for hte reply Landiin, maybe sony will re-code it so it can be its own window
Unread 12-30-2005, 03:10 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Hmm I have no idea what the boxes of colors are or the saveing issue as the UI never enteracts with that file just the game itself, well the installer does but thats it and I'm just guess but I don't think you have the installer up and running.

Thanks for the winamp play list Saves me from having to dl and istall it to get its playlist format.
About the issue of the weird boxes showing up and other problems.... I was chatting with a guild mate last night who had the exact same problem after playing for 6 hours.... He runs only defualt UI, so I guess it has nothing to do with Extreme UI. I recommended to him to bug report it :-/
Unread 12-31-2005, 10:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Neriak
Talking Large XP Display and Biography

Hello!

I just wanted to report a few things that have been annoying me, but aren't really harming game play.

First of all, the large XP display is a little funky. The decimal number is cut off and at times, unreadable. There is also extra text that I can't read right before the decimal, but it's actually in the whole number field. It looks like the whole number continues (at the same size) but I can't read it, as it is hidden under the decimal number, which is also cut off.

My next problem is I can't enter new text into my Biography text box. It also appears that I have no biography to me, but in my online EQ2 players web site, there is still the biography that I was able to enter last. I belive this problem started when you provided the updates for LU 18 (maybe 17).

Thanks for all of your hard work, I love this UI!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000512 smaller.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	4402  

Sharikah
Half Elf Wizard
Unread 01-01-2006, 02:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Multiple Characters?

I have installed the UI using the installer and it mentions something about being bound to one character. It seems to hold up to that. My main character has a perfect UI, but when I switch to an alt, the UI gets all screwed up as far as placement of objects. Is there a way to make this UI cross-character?
Unread 01-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

What I do is set up the UI perfectly for my main then I'll exit out and then will copy the uisettings then paste it using windows explorer then rename the copy of ui file to my alts names.

So I copy my blackburrow_chani_eq2_uisettings.ini then paste it and get a
copy of blackburrow_chani_eq2_uisettings.ini
then I rename it and delete the copy of and rename Chani with my other alts name

Also had a setting set in the eq.ini that apparently used a specified UIsetting for all but doesn't seem to be working anymore and I forget what the command was as well.

Hope this helps
Unread 01-02-2006, 08:07 AM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrandiv
I have installed the UI using the installer and it mentions something about being bound to one character. It seems to hold up to that. My main character has a perfect UI, but when I switch to an alt, the UI gets all screwed up as far as placement of objects. Is there a way to make this UI cross-character?
Change this line in you eq2_recent.ini file

TO: cl_uisettings_file lucan dlere_sameria_eq2_uisettings.ini
(Where the blue is the name of the ui settings you want to have on all new toons.)

This will work on multiple accounts too. You will need to delete for the first time any uisettings files that allready exist, just besure NOT to delete the one you want to be set for all of the toons.

Credit: Landiin gave us this info in this thread.
Unread 01-02-2006, 11:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up can this be fixed?

great UI, very usefull, but i feel a little closed in so i faded the backdrops to about 15% on all window, just enough to see them, but low enough to see the world clearly. I open the letterbox frame all the way so the world fills the whole screen, thing is, every time i log in from the desktop, it's back in letterbox, what can i do so it stays the way i like it.

Another thing is if i change characters without going to desktop, my healtbar goes from green-yellow-red to different shades of green and doesn't get smaller as health decreases, happens sometimes on target's health and others.

Really good UI though, look foward to using it a long time.
Unread 01-02-2006, 12:50 PM
A Griffawn

Thumbs Up UI Windows and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharikah
Hello!

I just wanted to report a few things that have been annoying me, but aren't really harming game play.

First of all, the large XP display is a little funky. The decimal number is cut off and at times, unreadable. There is also extra text that I can't read right before the decimal, but it's actually in the whole number field. It looks like the whole number continues (at the same size) but I can't read it, as it is hidden under the decimal number, which is also cut off.

My next problem is I can't enter new text into my Biography text box. It also appears that I have no biography to me, but in my online EQ2 players web site, there is still the biography that I was able to enter last. I belive this problem started when you provided the updates for LU 18 (maybe 17).

Thanks for all of your hard work, I love this UI!!!
I'm not completely sure but looking at your screenshot it looks like you're running a version that's pre v2.18.x... I'd suggest downloading the latest 'eXtreme' and run that. I haven't had that problem with the XP for a loooooong time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammeria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrandiv
Originally Posted by firebrandiv
Change this line in you eq2_recent.ini file

TO: cl_uisettings_file lucan dlere_sameria_eq2_uisettings.ini
(Where the blue is the name of the ui settings you want to have on all new toons.)

This will work on multiple accounts too. You will need to delete for the first time any uisettings files that allready exist, just besure NOT to delete the one you want to be set for all of the toons.

Credit: Landiin gave us this info in this thread.
I actually never saw that line in my 'eq2_recent.ini' file nor did I see it in my 'eq2.ini' so what I did was this:

1) Open 'Windows Explorer' and open my 'Everquest II' folder.
2) Copy all my '.ini' files and pasted them into a new folder called 'Copy of INI Files'.
3) Logged into EQ2 with my main toon and made sure all my windows were situated the way I wanted them arranged.
4) Logged out of EQ2 and open my 'Everquest II' folder again.
5) Added the line 'cl_uisettings_file server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini' (or whatever the name is for your main toon) to my 'eq2.ini' file (Landiin's idea since he said 'eq2_recent.ini' gets overwritten by SOE)
6) Saved the file, deleted all other copies of the INI files for all my other toons except my main toon.

Now whenever I logon with any of my characters, they all use that file. Even the new toons I created us that main settings file. I love this feature

Last edited by Aeromier : 01-02-2006 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Forgot Title
Unread 01-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiaden
great UI, very usefull, but i feel a little closed in so i faded the backdrops to about 15% on all window, just enough to see them, but low enough to see the world clearly. I open the letterbox frame all the way so the world fills the whole screen, thing is, every time i log in from the desktop, it's back in letterbox, what can i do so it stays the way i like it.

Another thing is if i change characters without going to desktop, my healtbar goes from green-yellow-red to different shades of green and doesn't get smaller as health decreases, happens sometimes on target's health and others.

Really good UI though, look foward to using it a long time.
Look in you eq2.ini file and remove the letterbox command line.

The changing char issue is a SOE bug that has been in the game from be beginning.
Unread 01-03-2006, 02:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Neriak
Question

I do have the lastest version of eXtreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromier
I'm not completely sure but looking at your screenshot it looks like you're running a version that's pre v2.18.x... I'd suggest downloading the latest 'eXtreme' and run that. I haven't had that problem with the XP for a loooooong time

I actually never saw that line in my 'eq2_recent.ini' file nor did I see it in my 'eq2.ini' so what I did was this:

1) Open 'Windows Explorer' and open my 'Everquest II' folder.
2) Copy all my '.ini' files and pasted them into a new folder called 'Copy of INI Files'.
3) Logged into EQ2 with my main toon and made sure all my windows were situated the way I wanted them arranged.
4) Logged out of EQ2 and open my 'Everquest II' folder again.
5) Added the line 'cl_uisettings_file server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini' (or whatever the name is for your main toon) to my 'eq2.ini' file (Landiin's idea since he said 'eq2_recent.ini' gets overwritten by SOE)
6) Saved the file, deleted all other copies of the INI files for all my other toons except my main toon.

Now whenever I logon with any of my characters, they all use that file. Even the new toons I created us that main settings file. I love this feature

Sharikah
Half Elf Wizard
Unread 01-06-2006, 05:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default character select screen probs

post from warl....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
What version are you using and have you installed any other modes into extreme?
I am running 2.18.0 and have the same problems... at least the delete character and select SOGA models etc... doen't work. play, exit and the character list work ok.

cheers

olaf
Unread 01-06-2006, 10:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharikah
Hello!

Yes, one of my tiny but irritating pet peeves is the cut off decimal.

My only other issue is can we can get another option for Trade Skill EXP to show large like the adventure exp?

I spent many hours down in the TSing hole and the larger exp read out would be wonderful.

Thanks again Landiin for a great UI. I havent used a UI for this long without changing. Dont think I will ever change unless you decide to stop updating.
Unread 01-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrgan
post from warl....

I am running 2.18.0 and have the same problems... at least the delete character and select SOGA models etc... doen't work. play, exit and the character list work ok.

cheers

olaf
I don't know what is the matter, I deleted and changed soga models on two toons last nite with out an issue. Now if you accept the changes or have made changes to your soga model the option will be gone as you can only do it once now.
Unread 01-07-2006, 03:26 AM
A Coastal Crab

Exclamation Chat window prob

When u use arrows to toggle between tabs you can move to the right but not back to the left.
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:30 AM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adimarchus
When u use arrows to toggle between tabs you can move to the right but not back to the left.
This is a known Sony issue.

The easiest way to fix it, imo is...

resize the window, even if you do not move it alot, it will show all the tabs back up including the ones that disapeared on the left.
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:35 AM
A Coastal Crab

thanx for the time you put in guys .. not sure if its a bug but when i use the httl and enter a web address after a while it shuts down game
Unread 01-07-2006, 01:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Font Sizing

Installed complete set... Works great...Excellent job... Having problem with font size. Fonts my computer is using are too big for boxes. My screen resolution is running at 1900x1200 and I used the highest that you had available on the installer. Checked "use my resolution" first time to install and not all the UI components showed up. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for such great work.
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:56 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Reward window

Here is a screenshot of the reward window only showing the first item.

I can verify eq2ui_popup_rewardpack.xml is the one that needs removed to get the reward selection back.

Blah, sorry can't post if from the place where I can upload files from will try and mail it to you.

Last edited by Cimmeron55 : 01-08-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq2mes
Installed complete set... Works great...Excellent job... Having problem with font size. Fonts my computer is using are too big for boxes. My screen resolution is running at 1900x1200 and I used the highest that you had available on the installer. Checked "use my resolution" first time to install and not all the UI components showed up. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for such great work.
Can you post a pic? My monitor will not go to 1900 so I can't create a uisettings file for that. Some one may of posted one here and I forgot to get it though:P
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:07 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

UPDATE 2.18.1

If you not authorized to view this page on the download page. It is because the new version hasn’t be verified by a mod to be virus free yet. Please check back later.

Update Notes can be viewed here

If you post issues please include the version number at the begging of the post.
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:57 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok just downloaded the 2.18.1 version. Only had enough time to install it and log on to make sure it was up and running cuz got to run out for a few, but did notice 2 glitches...or one, not sure if there same thing. When you first log into game, were the "Guilg Logo" used to be is a big white box. Also noticed that there is a white box in middle of screen as well when zoning. Like I said, dont have time to test more of it cuz got to go but will check rest out later. Thanks again for all your time and effort with this UI, its great!
Unread 01-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailgon
Ok just downloaded the 2.18.1 version. Only had enough time to install it and log on to make sure it was up and running cuz got to run out for a few, but did notice 2 glitches...or one, not sure if there same thing. When you first log into game, were the "Guilg Logo" used to be is a big white box. Also noticed that there is a white box in middle of screen as well when zoning. Like I said, dont have time to test more of it cuz got to go but will check rest out later. Thanks again for all your time and effort with this UI, its great!
oh yea:P ROAR!! For move your guild_log.dds file to user_setting\images folder.
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

UPDATE 2.18.1a

If you not authorized to view this page on the download page. It is because the new version hasn’t be verified by a mod to be virus free yet. Please check back later.

Update Notes can be viewed here

If you post issues please include the version number at the begging of the post.