Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 05-30-2006, 02:31 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Droiyan7, I like your edited screenshots, helps to visualize things. I was thinking (and implemented so far) along these lines:

Obviously still needs some adjusting of the positions of the elements. This implementation fits in the current size of the target window and debuffs stay where they are. Implied target window would be the same, only with the raid flag to the left. What do you think?

Venger & DDH|Matrix, the right click menues are provided by SOE only for specific windows. The one you are talking about is only provided for the player window (see response by RainQueen96). As you will recall, the default UI doesn't even list yourself in the group window. Nothing I can do about this, sorry. And DDH|Matrix, the latest version is 2.4.1 and there is no hotfix for this version (see my sig for a download link).

EDITED to add: I can of course add the option to target yourself if you click yourself in the group window.

Xterm, the issue with the chat window being invisble at startup seems to be on SOEs side. However, the chat should still be there once you hit /. Maybe you disabled the "loot" chat messages? In the default .ini I provide this shows in the "Char" tab.

labrat & Pixi, could you one of you please post a screenshot of the issue you have with the tradeskill window? Obviously everything looks fine on my machine (see screenshot on main thread). These placement issues some of you have really elude me...

Purg, may I refer you to Pixi's excellent answer to the same question a few posts above you (#491)?

--

I've still got very few free time atm but hopes of it getting better. It appears LU24 will require a big update for the changed market window and some other windows. I hope to get it out on time. There will be no new release before that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TargetEpic.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	4939  

Last edited by gm9 : 05-30-2006 at 03:54 AM.
Unread 05-30-2006, 03:02 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I noticed that for PvP there's apparently an immunity bar which was not yet modded. I've quickly brought this in line with the ProfitUI theme, although I coloured it red to fit the topic:

In case someone wants to test this (I don't play on a PvP server), I attach it below. Let me know if it works.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PvP Immunity.png
Views:	916
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	4946  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_pvpimmunity.xml (2.1 KB, 344 views)
Unread 05-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

There's nothing wrong, as such, with the tradeskill window. Just that the name of the item you're making sometimes covers the progress bars. I always prefered the long progress bars one under the other like so:

1 ---------------
2 ---------------
3 ---------------
4 ---------------

With this layout the item name (if long enough) usually end up on two rows and then the text goes over the bars:

1 ------ 2 ------
3 ------ 4 ------

So it's not a "bug" per se, more of an inconvenience hehe.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 05-30-2006, 04:56 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

back what pixi has just said, its totally not a bug and I love the crafting UI, outside of the longer crafted names covering the progress bar.

wish i knew how to really do things as I would just move the name text box away form the progress bar. I realize this increases realestate of the crafting window but on important special orders I would just feel better about it.
Unread 05-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Attaching a screenie (and ini) of my layout if anyone wants to try it. 1600x1200 resolution. I'm using letterbox as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	16001200.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	4947  
Attached Files
File Type: zip layout.zip (3.8 KB, 291 views)

Unread 05-30-2006, 06:34 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks for the quick reply you two. I'm probably a bit dense tonight but are you sure you are talking about my tradeskill UI? I do have the bars arranged one under the other, thus I don't understand Pixi's drawing.

I attach a screenshot with a very long item name (taken from the editor but it's the same in game) and to me this looks just fine?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tradekskill_wrap.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	4949  
Unread 05-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Lol, then I must have fizzled with the new version of Z Tradeskill window.

I am officially a dingbat.

Unread 05-30-2006, 06:44 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hehe, and there I thought I was going crazy (I even downloaded 2.4.1 to make sure I put the right file in there).

You earned your !
Unread 05-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

I have mad illustration skills, though.

Unread 05-30-2006, 11:27 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest
Thumbs Up Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Droiyan7, I like your edited screenshots, helps to visualize things. I was thinking (and implemented so far) along these lines:

Obviously still needs some adjusting of the positions of the elements. This implementation fits in the current size of the target window and debuffs stay where they are. Implied target window would be the same, only with the raid flag to the left. What do you think?
It looks good
But, how about add separate LVL indicator.
DragowulfUI's Target Windows have separate LVL indicator and show target LVL even Anonymous and/or Roleplaying.
I think opposite side to raid flag(left upper corner to target and right upper corner to implied) is proper.

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin
Unread 05-31-2006, 11:35 AM
A Coastal Crab

Talking

Just a quick KUDOS--this is by far the best UI mod I've tried, and I've tried many. Keep up the good work!
Unread 05-31-2006, 12:35 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Splitpaw
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
I noticed that for PvP there's apparently an immunity bar which was not yet modded. I've quickly brought this in line with the ProfitUI theme, although I coloured it red to fit the topic:

In case someone wants to test this (I don't play on a PvP server), I attach it below. Let me know if it works.
Downloaded it, will check if it works properly as soon as server is up.

PS. Absolutely LOVE the fact that Profit's work is continued

Last edited by Lanadad : 05-31-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Unread 05-31-2006, 03:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Has anyone made a HORIZONTAL GROUP window? I like the group window I would just like to see an horizontal option. I'm working on it now but it's very hard to test because I have to load EQ each time ><. If someone already did it, let me know.
Unread 05-31-2006, 04:55 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Horizontal Group window is included in all releases

Look for horizontal.eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml

and rename it eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml

There's also a compact option available. All the files are located in the UI/ProfitUI directory.

//lollygagger
Unread 05-31-2006, 05:40 PM
A Sea Turtle

wow silly me, i am not sure where i went wrong but yeah um now i have ts window from 2.4.1. um sorry LOL
Unread 05-31-2006, 06:07 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by labrat
wow silly me, i am not sure where i went wrong but yeah um now i have ts window from 2.4.1. um sorry LOL
Lol. Have a nana.

Unread 05-31-2006, 06:47 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman478
I'm working on it now but it's very hard to test because I have to load EQ each time ><.
heh, not a good excuse, that's the same thing I have to do.

I still have to add the click-to-cure functionality to the alternate group window layouts, btw.
Unread 05-31-2006, 07:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks GM9 -- another question --- is there a way to get custom timer lengths? Or even a simple variable change in the UI file for the timer?
Unread 05-31-2006, 08:29 PM
A Coastal Crab

I am trying to remove the Profit UI and I believe I have succeeded until I attempt to update my eq2map and it downloads/updates for profit. I do love this UI but my hot bars seem to switch to different ones and im not sure why or how to fix so Im going back to stock UI. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of profit all together and get my eq2map working correctly? Thanks in advance.
Unread 05-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitymonger
I am trying to remove the Profit UI and I believe I have succeeded until I attempt to update my eq2map and it downloads/updates for profit. I do love this UI but my hot bars seem to switch to different ones and im not sure why or how to fix so Im going back to stock UI. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of profit all together and get my eq2map working correctly? Thanks in advance.
Make sure EQ2Map is installed in it's own folder in your UI directory (e.g. not inside the Profit folder) and then change the eq2.ini to reflect the EQ2Map folder. That should reset your UI to default while still having access to EQ2Map.

The update software reads the eq2.ini so if it still points to Profit it will continue to update the installation that resides within the Profit folder.

So, if you install EQ2Map in Everquest II\UI\EQ2Map make sure eq2.ini looks like so:

cl_ui_skinname EQ2Map
cl_ui_subdir UI/

If that doesn't then I'm not sure what might be wrong.

Unread 06-01-2006, 02:30 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitymonger
Also check in EQ2Map -> Options -> UI directory setting ... if it's still set for Profit then it'll download the map updates to there each time ... just had a look at mine and it doesn't show Default as an option for some reason (maybe it picks that up from the eq2.ini)

Hope that helps if Pixi's reply didn't already fix it
Unread 06-01-2006, 03:08 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Tinilya, you can't install EQ2Map (or any custom UI) in the Default directory since the patcher would overwrite it, and that's why that option is not there.

Trinitymonger, you could keep ProfitUI and revert only the hotbars back to their default look by deleting eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml from the ProfitUI directory.

dman478, yes, of course Mother implemented the possibility for custom timer lengths. That's why I linked in my changelog to Mother's release thread for instructions on how to use. Mother has since released an improved version where you can change timer lengths via the UI.
Unread 06-02-2006, 09:40 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

I got a small problem. The implied target buffs are what looks like one row too low on the screen. I have looked at the code for the implied target window and it looks exactly the same as the other, but as you can see in the screeen shot its not.

Any sugestions? I have already downloaded and am using the newest version.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000017.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	4956  

Unread 06-02-2006, 11:30 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Lucan DLere

Looks real nice. But have a question gm9. See where it says Level 25 Epicx2 and the fellas name. Its that shaded text. I'd recomend taking those font styles out and replacing them with the easier to see and easier on the eys highspeed font. Think thats the font. Not the XP font. I'd be more than happy to help you do that too. Just tell me what version to do it on. Should be real simple. Oh and is there a way to change the font that shows up in the chat window?

MD!
Unread 06-02-2006, 03:31 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanadad
Downloaded it, will check if it works properly as soon as server is up.

PS. Absolutely LOVE the fact that Profit's work is continued
Immunity bar (red color) working perfect, thanks!
Closed Thread