EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-06-2006, 06:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Yeh switchable display in that space seems to be a good idea... I will take a closer look at it and see what's practical..
Unread 04-06-2006, 07:18 AM
A Griffon

Okies try this one then..

The switch is at the left of the coin page, and to switch back its to the left of the AA exp bar (same place)

Need some feedback on this if its going to get added to the main folder in downloads likes please
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (38.9 KB, 239 views)
Unread 04-06-2006, 05:41 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

just about right - but a little cramped i feel - needs a space between the exp to next level and the actual number I think

having said that - suggest that you lose that text, and just leave it as the bar - with the percentage coming up if you mouse over it?

Maybe have the aaxp level as digits on the left side of that?
(Like most of us would forget but...)

but thanks for what you did - makes life a lot easier I think - and hope others agree and appreciate your fine work

/stops crawling
Unread 04-06-2006, 06:51 PM
A Griffon

Hmm lol....

Why dont I just abreviate the txt then ?
Unread 04-07-2006, 05:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Just wanted to update you - I have most everything working now. Not taking the resolution size out of the server_character file makes alot of things break LOL. So if any other UI Mod newbs come you will know what to tell them. Thanks again for the mod - I do love it!
Unread 04-07-2006, 09:44 PM
A Griffon

Thank you for trying this mod ... It is by no means a "new" one but has been around for quite somtime now.. I still keep it updated.. but nothing changed so to speak... Laffs Lite is the kinnda ongoing project for now if you like.
Unread 04-20-2006, 09:07 PM
A Brown Bear

Your UI looks great, but I have a major problem.

I load everything in correctly as your readme file states.

But when I start up the game, the windows are all jumbled over the loading screen and it isn't set up when my character fully loads. Looks like some windows are actually missing!

I don't know how to fix since these UIs are always confusing to me hehe.
Unread 04-21-2006, 10:31 AM
A Brown Bear

couple things

1. once again, thanx again this ui is the very best
2. there was an update on the download site showing a new version dated 4/16 but i find no notes about what might have changed

then some requests =)

1. is there a way to set the raid windows in a spot and not have them move back to the default position which is top left. i want my raid window on the right side.

2. it would be cool is dps mod and haste % showed somewhere in the line with all the resists and other stats
Unread 05-05-2006, 12:38 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default help files

im not sure if i missed the problem and the fix on one of these pages if i did im sorry..

but when i go to make a cs ticket... the pulldowns in the help files are not there... and yes i know the cs's arnt much help to begin with but there does come times when i need to put one in .... and i have up to today been switching back and forth between your ui and the defalt ... but i was wondering if there was a problem with how i installed it .. because i have all the info but when i click on the part to make a ticket.. the dropdowns to select the catigory of the ticket you want to send is blank .. please help ..
Unread 05-06-2006, 11:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey !! First off wonderfull UI. I had my friend download it and hes loving it. However he has encounted a missing window we cant find anywhere. We redownloaded and deleted all folders no change. Also tried every CTRL + and ALT + command possible

The Active Quests Name/Bags/Resists Window is missing. When he first loaded the UI it was fine he alligned it all up next to the Journal Helper. Once he relogged hes got a big blank area between the characters Name/XP and the Journal Helper.

*update. We also noticed the Mana Bar is missing too. The Health Bar is showing up great but the big Blue mana bar gone

Thanks

Last edited by Vildainn : 05-06-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Unread 05-07-2006, 08:57 AM
A Griffon

The window with the quest name is "eq2ui_mainhud_ammo.xml" and the mana bar window is "eq2ui_mainhud_memorized.xml"

Try /show_window MainHUD.Inventory
and /show_window MainHUD.Memorized

The ammo file is called Inventory for it to display the inventory info it contains.

Its been a while since I loaded this UI up to make sure its all working 100% and will do so soon, along with the recent changes, also I will be adding some extra info in the for of run speed etc.

Unread 05-07-2006, 05:16 PM
A Brown Bear

I am having a problem that when I switch from one character to another, the coloring of the font in the target window is wrong when I get to the second character, and for all other character switches. Also, the implied target window is stuck on. Not sure that this is anything to do with the UI, but wondering if anyone knows what is happening and what I can do to fix it. Thanks.
Unread 05-07-2006, 07:40 PM
A Griffon

The coloring far as I know is a SoE bug , I have tried everything to try and fix that but nothing works /shrug

As for the implied target window try and toggle "alt+t" at onetime that used to make it display when there was no implied target now it seems to make it dissapear somtimes lol .. After most LUD's some stuff that works fine normaly starts acting strange even thou there hasnt been any changes to the actual window ... For example in my Laffs Lite mod the Inventory window is shown as open again when you log in but last LUD it was closed and the LUD before that it was open .. and before that it was closed lol, The way it should be so like I say all very strange stuff
Unread 06-15-2006, 03:07 PM
A Coastal Crab

Hello!

Love the UI. I was looking for something new today and downloaded it. I got it all set up the way I wanted it but when I open bags I can only see half the bags. The buttom half is cut off and I can not acces anything in thoses slots.

Any suggestions please?

Rheassi
Unread 06-23-2006, 11:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen

Is it possible that your last update broke experience numbers? Exp going up and down don't know why, 100,7% 99,2%, 99,3%, 0,3%
I've seen that a lot of times
Unread 07-13-2006, 06:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Update?

Was wondering if this was updated to LU25 yet or when it will be? I can't use it at all to log into game and I'm pretty used to it by now and totally lost without it.
Unread 07-14-2006, 10:15 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven
Is it possible that your last update broke experience numbers? Exp going up and down don't know why, 100,7% 99,2%, 99,3%, 0,3%
I've seen that a lot of times
My update didnt break the exp numbers.. SoE decided to kinnda round them up at source so to speak... So I'm leaving it as it is for now

Update for LUD25 will happen as soon as the UK live servers get the update and I can see for myself exactly what where and for why It no working
Unread 07-14-2006, 12:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Good to hear you are working on the fix ASAP Laffs! A big kudos to you for picking up work on perdition's UI...Know that your work is counted upon and greatly appreciated! My guildies were pissed at me last night because I REFUSED to play the game without my beloved UI :P I can't function when SOE's updates eff the UI up and I'm glad to see you are dedicated to fixing the problems as soon as you can Keep up the great work!
Unread 07-14-2006, 12:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Good luck and thanks in advance for the updating for the inventory window fix... as I am sure you are more than aware of it not your fault but a little dissapointed that my ding level 70 screenie has a bugged UI... life goes on

Having a hard time editing the MoTD for my guild.. it all enters in fine but it seems neither the sumbit or cancel buttons feel like being clicked

one more thing... now that I have hit 70 I tried to switch over to the AAXP bar but it doesnt seem to do anything? still shows a jumbled level Dirge bar but has 40% xp in it(when my AA xp was at something like 70-90%. when the next update hits I'll check back and do a little more playing around with this one.. but tried the window in both modes (frame and titlebar, and frame only modes) and had the same effect

edit: wanted to compliment you on the change from crush/slash/pierce to haste/runspeed/dps. As a Dirge I have 3 things to do to accomplish max speed(Selos, AA, Jboots) and knowing what it is at to make sure all are up(and not bugged as it has been when logging on) has been nice... also cool to see what the haste and dps factors I have running... VERY nice info for melees of all sorts

Last edited by Lindar Phamoncry : 07-14-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Unread 07-14-2006, 04:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I decided that I was bored enough to systematically rename each file until I found the offending file that was causing me to not be able to log in...and wouldn't you believe the first thing I tried fixed it :P The offending ui piece is the eq2ui_mainhud_clock just rename or move it from the folder and you can log in without crashing. I have yet ti find out if anything else is FUBAR'd but at least I can log in now without pulling my hair out
Unread 07-14-2006, 07:42 PM
A Griffon

Heh ??? the clock file was causing that for you ? ... Hmm ...

Thanks for you input and support guys.. To be honest I wasnt sure how many peeps were still using this version I have... Most of my attention has been going into Laffs_Lite and this been secondary as in just fixed after LUD's

So this is what is going to happen now then ... I am going to have a good look at making some improvemets to this UI .. not visual... but adding / removing stuff..

Also the Inv has had quite a big update in the way it works code wise .. no change much as how it looks etc in default... But I still means much keyboard bashing to make it work again... Now in this UI the Inv is actualy a "false" window that shows part of the Inv info / items.... I am considering changing it to be the actual Inv as in Laffs Lite...

See what happens guys either way I will get a working update out asap! ... I dont have much time these days for UI mods so please be patient, Thanks peeps
Unread 07-14-2006, 07:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

well you can add me to the list of very long time users i cant bring my self to change ui's as i have used this one since you made it and appreciate the work you put into it
Thankyou
Unread 07-14-2006, 09:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah, the clock was what was causing me to not be able to log in...though I guess it's attached to the quest display (not the details of what you need to do for the quest, just the quest name beside it), the extra bag slots, resistances, and the power bar When I renamed the clock piece and logged in I am missing all of those pieces, but I like the UI so much that I can and will deal with it until it is fixed :P As far as I can tell, the inventory window and everything else is fine except for the clock piece.

I have been dedicated to this UI since its first release, and am always pissed when a LU comes out that prevents me from using some thing haha. I used the thing for about 3 months after DoF came out until I finally looked for an update to the non-functioning goblin gambling window. I realize a lot of time and effort goes into updating these UIs, but anything you can do to fix the problems is very appreciated. Like I said before, I've grown attached to this UI after using it for so long and I've checked out many other UIs and they just pale in comparison to this one imo. Thanks for your effort and any fixes you can whip up would be great
Unread 07-14-2006, 10:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nagafen

Perd is my fav UI... how far away is the updated version??
Unread 07-15-2006, 04:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

;o)

Yet another long time user... without this UI I'd probably have kicked EQ2 in the bin aeons ago ;o)

Looking forward to the update ;o)