EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-09-2005, 11:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esrithe
also you cant sell to the vendors or have your armor repaired...
This bug's been fixed since day 1. Get the patch for the UI
Unread 10-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Sorry no updates, just been grinding hard.. I'm sick of exping so I'll get some updates out now.. lol
Unread 10-10-2005, 03:07 AM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Couple of things that I've come across .. now this may have been explained somewhere but I've searched but must be searching for the wrong thing.
Your graphic profiles. How do I change them? If there's a explanation somewhere please point me to it. (feel free to kick me if its really obvious)

The Shaders and shadow window .. Is there a easy way to have Shaders and Spell Effects checked on by default?? If this is a quick UI change can you or a helper PM me when you or they have time to explain to me what needs to be changed. Would like to see if I can do some of these changes myself but its still a tad over my head though somethings are starting to make sense (run for cover.. )

Now this maybe be attributed profiles, but when I log in its very dark. I have to open the options to color correction and move my gamma up. Now my Gamma didn't move or get reset its still at the value I had it set at before .. rougly 1.55. It happens to act like it resets and only when I log in from a new login. If I do a log to char select it remembers the gamma value. (Is this related to the profiles or this a sony issue?? Its been happening for about 3 weeks now before LU14)

Thanks
Unread 10-10-2005, 07:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
The Shaders and shadow window .. Is there a easy way to have Shaders and Spell Effects checked on by default??
This would be a nice feature. I'm constantly having to change this myself.

Another annoying little bug (or feature, not sure):
When using the waypoints on the map, if you minimize the map, the trail goes away. If you close the map (via the X button), the trail goes away. If you simply close the map with M (the map key), however, the trail does NOT go away. Not sure if this is a bug in the map plugin or the UI itself, but it is indeed annoying.

All in all, GREAT UI, I love it, much better than the default. Good job!
Unread 10-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raesoth
Couple of things that I've come across .. now this may have been explained somewhere but I've searched but must be searching for the wrong thing.
Your graphic profiles. How do I change them? If there's a explanation somewhere please point me to it. (feel free to kick me if its really obvious)

Basically you have to modify preset1-3 in the settings/video foloder. I've been working a controle Panel type thing to set this and other settings but I've been slacking on getting this done

The Shaders and shadow window .. Is there a easy way to have Shaders and Spell Effects checked on by default?? If this is a quick UI change can you or a helper PM me when you or they have time to explain to me what needs to be changed. Would like to see if I can do some of these changes myself but its still a tad over my head though somethings are starting to make sense (run for cover.. )

After they quit modifying windows and the default UI stabalizes, I may have time add this type of codeing to the installer

Now this maybe be attributed profiles, but when I log in its very dark. I have to open the options to color correction and move my gamma up. Now my Gamma didn't move or get reset its still at the value I had it set at before .. rougly 1.55. It happens to act like it resets and only when I log in from a new login. If I do a log to char select it remembers the gamma value. (Is this related to the profiles or this a sony issue?? Its been happening for about 3 weeks now before LU14)

Hmm could be the uisettings file not wanting to save. What exp window are you using?

Thanks
Wow msg is to short guess it don't count what one adds inside the quae:P
Unread 10-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by twhiting9275
This would be a nice feature. I'm constantly having to change this myself.

Another annoying little bug (or feature, not sure):
When using the waypoints on the map, if you minimize the map, the trail goes away. If you close the map (via the X button), the trail goes away. If you simply close the map with M (the map key), however, the trail does NOT go away. Not sure if this is a bug in the map plugin or the UI itself, but it is indeed annoying.

All in all, GREAT UI, I love it, much better than the default. Good job!
I can't help you with the map issues thats all eq2maps baby, all I do is change the frame and background on their default window.
Unread 10-10-2005, 08:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
This bug's been fixed since day 1. Get the patch for the UI
Which patch? Can you link it?
Unread 10-10-2005, 09:03 AM
A Brown Bear

UI graphics problem. It's not game breaking but it's annoying.

When trying to use the Broker the window is bugged. No scroll buttons, boxes have weird graphics.
Unread 10-10-2005, 09:47 AM
A Grizzled Badger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew1960
Which patch? Can you link it?

They are probably refering to this patch .
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy62
I just noticed that the help window is bugged. I need to search some database of articles before I can file a petition, but when I click search, no results are displayed and the button that you click to file a petition remains grayed out. Simply deleting the help window file from the custom UI directory fixed this, as usual. Thank you, Landiin, for your continued maintenance of this UI.
Ditto, looks like the help setup was modified somehow, but I'm getting the same no results after search stuff.
In addition, if it's any help to solving this:
When hovering over the greyed out area, the game tells me I must search for something first, even after submitting the search. So, the search isn't getting submitted, or they've changed the form values somehow? Not sure if it's any help but hey, I tried :P

Again, great ui, now if only Sony would quit screwing around with stuff
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinked
UI graphics problem. It's not game breaking but it's annoying.

When trying to use the Broker the window is bugged. No scroll buttons, boxes have weird graphics.
Hmm I just used the broker this morning and it was working fine. There is no scroll bar in the broker window as it only list a set number per page.
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Ditto, looks like the help setup was modified somehow, but I'm getting the same no results after search stuff.
In addition, if it's any help to solving this:
When hovering over the greyed out area, the game tells me I must search for something first, even after submitting the search. So, the search isn't getting submitted, or they've changed the form values somehow? Not sure if it's any help but hey, I tried :P

Again, great ui, now if only Sony would quit screwing around with stuff

Yes they really changed up the way this window works for some reason.. If u need to use it, delete mainhud_help.xml from the extreme folder.
Unread 10-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Hmm could be the uisettings file not wanting to save. What exp window are you using?

I'm using your latest version... Thinking back now it started when I reinstalled the UI fresh (renamed old folder and re-ran the installation) Now I did modify the Eq.ini file to include the cl_uisettings_file server_name_eq2_uisettings.ini in it .. that way I use the same settings for all my alts on both accounts.
I've check my file permissions on eq_recent and they fine.. digging in that file I see that the r_gamma is set to 1.58 ... So not sure what to think now..

Thanks
Unread 10-11-2005, 04:49 AM
A Griffawn

Default Info Button

Hello All,

Can someone explain to me why the 'Info' button is greyed out? I enabled the button and it brings up the harvesting information fine. The window looks good and there's no problems with it.

Also, and I don't know if it's only me, but when you open the 'journal' the dropdown menu where you can select to sort by catagory or zone is screwed up. There was 1 other place I noticed this too but I can't recall what window. If you need to see what I mean I'll post a screenshot.

Still loving this UI
Unread 10-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromier
Hello All,

Can someone explain to me why the 'Info' button is greyed out? I enabled the button and it brings up the harvesting information fine. The window looks good and there's no problems with it.

Also, and I don't know if it's only me, but when you open the 'journal' the dropdown menu where you can select to sort by catagory or zone is screwed up. There was 1 other place I noticed this too but I can't recall what window. If you need to see what I mean I'll post a screenshot.

Still loving this UI
You must of installed over an older copy of extreme? I don't think the harvest include is in the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file.

the journal sorting drop down is working fine for me. When you says its screwed up what screwed up about it? Not there? No choices?
Unread 10-11-2005, 03:56 PM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
You must of installed over an older copy of extreme? I don't think the harvest include is in the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file.

the journal sorting drop down is working fine for me. When you says its screwed up what screwed up about it? Not there? No choices?
I attached a copy of my screenshot with what I'm talking about with regards to the select dropdown menu. And as for the 'Info' button, I edited the XML file and changed the value for the enable to 'true'. If you want to know what I did to get the harvest up just let me know.

Also, if you look at my hotkeys, you'll see that the 2 in the center both show as #1 even though they're 2 seperate sets. There's no #0 <zero> and the 'Next Page' takes you to 9 instead of 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000002.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	3850  

Last edited by Aeromier : 10-11-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Unread 10-11-2005, 04:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up

Great UI here man i love it nicest UI ive found in a long time only have 1 problem the resalution the only one it will let me pick is "i'll use my own" when i want to use cuz this is what i ahve on my game as it 1204X768 why isnt it letting me use this? ive installed it under ill use my own its wokring fine just curious why its not letting me use the 1204x768...

And ive gone to the updater to fix the merchant thing and its still not fixed /shrug any ideas why?
Unread 10-11-2005, 04:14 PM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaneth
Great UI here man i love it nicest UI ive found in a long time only have 1 problem the resalution the only one it will let me pick is "i'll use my own" when i want to use cuz this is what i ahve on my game as it 1204X768 why isnt it letting me use this? ive installed it under ill use my own its wokring fine just curious why its not letting me use the 1204x768...

And ive gone to the updater to fix the merchant thing and its still not fixed /shrug any ideas why?
Is it 1204x768 or 1024x768? And are you remembering to select the INI file? If you're choosing a resolution you need to select the INI file of the character you're wanting to install it for. It will make a backup copy of your existing character INI file.
Unread 10-12-2005, 12:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up

Hi Landiin,

Great UI.. Has the appeal of Laffs with 3/4 Bag/hotkeys..

2 things I have noticed since LU#14 is the guild window members area won't let me change the notes under each member (Im the leader)

Also tried to use the knowlege Base last night and I could enter a search word but the Search button won't work.

Lastly more of a request.. 1024x768 screen support would top this off as the best UI out there

Keep up the great work
WodinAu

Last edited by WodinAu : 10-12-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Unread 10-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromier
I attached a copy of my screenshot with what I'm talking about with regards to the select dropdown menu. And as for the 'Info' button, I edited the XML file and changed the value for the enable to 'true'. If you want to know what I did to get the harvest up just let me know.

Also, if you look at my hotkeys, you'll see that the 2 in the center both show as #1 even though they're 2 seperate sets. There's no #0 <zero> and the 'Next Page' takes you to 9 instead of 2.

Oh, Hmm Maybe I know whats up with the dropdown, old graphics fill. I prob forgot to include that in the hotfix:/ I'll get a new one up tonight.

Yea the info is easy just havn't had the time to get all info on T6 stuff yet. If any one knows you are more the welcome to post it

As far as the hot bar bank label that is dynamicly driven by the game, I have no contole over what is put there. /bug it in game.
Unread 10-12-2005, 01:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default I'm a noob

I am looking at your screen shot and everything is fitting together however I can't get half of my bars to move and since I'm new to the game and to this UI I have no ideal how to make everything fit together. Can you help me?
Unread 10-12-2005, 03:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

OK ladiin i have dl the patch update for your ui cuz of the whole bank and merchant not wokring and even after dl that its still not working any ideas on why this is ?
Unread 10-12-2005, 03:31 PM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkoir
I am looking at your screen shot and everything is fitting together however I can't get half of my bars to move and since I'm new to the game and to this UI I have no ideal how to make everything fit together. Can you help me?
If they're not placed properly for you, you can always unlock the windows and move them into place then relock it. There were times when I had to do that but since the update it's been placing them fine for me.
Unread 10-12-2005, 03:34 PM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaneth
OK ladiin i have dl the patch update for your ui cuz of the whole bank and merchant not wokring and even after dl that its still not working any ideas on why this is ?
Did you see my post here?
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=368

Is that still the issue you're having??
Unread 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah i saw that post and got it working im talking about the problem wiht the selling to merchants and not being able to open guild bank and things ive dl the update patch for it or w/e u will call it but its still not working