EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Closed Thread
Unread 08-01-2005, 12:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Overflow of inventory

Hey, love the UI. a few questions, Bags rest to a mini 4 slot and each time i log in I have to none box then then rebox them to show all contents, also the overflow, i cant seem to find WHERE that is and now i cant loot anything even though i cleared bags. Any ideas? Oh and i do have the latest Version.

thx Dok

Last edited by doktrulok : 08-01-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Unread 08-01-2005, 01:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there a way to make the quest reward window scale to a bigger size?

I completed a quest that offers a choice of 5 different weapons. The 4th one was cut off halfway by the bottom of the window and the 5th choice and accept button were off the bottom of the window and unclickable. I couldn't find a way to expand the window or pick the 5th option at all.
Unread 08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronken
I haven't tried the new release yet, but here are some problems from earlier.

The first examine window - cannot open window settings and it is locked in place. Additional examine windows are fine.

The Guild Logo shows up on the examine window vertically along the side, but this picture from this addon shows the Guild Logo horizontally along the bottom of the examine window. I would prefer the latter, is there an option to select vertical or horizontal?

When examining a Combat Art, the Guild Logo does not appear (doesn't seem to use the same examine window as an inventory examine either since it appears in a different place).

The Skills window has a purple background even though I switched to a custom color scheme (changed perdigraphics.dds using the addon file).

Adventurer experience squished ( I see this has been addressed in 1.12.5 )

Thanks for a great UI.
1. I have looked into this and I do not know why it will not open the window settings. It pops up the menu to but the window don't open. Use the new UI_settings file its not locked in that one.

2. Nope, 1. there isn't room to see a clear logo there.(word will always be on top of it) 2. The skin logo fits great there. ALong the side is the only place I could find where the logo wouldn't have Text over the top of it and would fit where it was big enuff to see with the new Image format for the guild logo.

3. Yes there is 3 or 4 examine windows, armor,spells,food ect... I'll add the logo to the rest soon.

4. Thats because SOE calls on an image in the journal window and if we change it the skill window bombs out.. We are limited to SOE rules lol, maybe heidrickla can fix this, It bombs out on me even if I look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktrulok
Hey, love the UI. a few questions, Bags rest to a mini 4 slot and each time i log in I have to none box then then rebox them to show all contents, also the overflow, i cant seem to find WHERE that is and now i cant loot anything even though i cleared bags. Any ideas? Oh and i do have the latest Version.

thx Dok
What ver are you running? The overflow issue was fixed 2 or 3 updates back and the bags where fixe 1 or 2 updates back.

In any case the over flow label and Icon will show up ontop of the mini inventory when its not expanded.

For the bags if you have the new update then maybe your settings.ini file is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb

I completed a quest that offers a choice of 5 different weapons. The 4th one was cut off halfway by the bottom of the window and the 5th choice and accept button were off the bottom of the window and unclickable. I couldn't find a way to expand the window or pick the 5th option at all.
There should at leaste be a scroll bar there if it don't auto size. I'll look into this. Hope you didn't miss-out on an item you could or used or needed
Unread 08-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyy
you guy are the kings of customer service and you do it all for free you guys rock keep up the good work
We try plus we want this to be the best UI here
Unread 08-01-2005, 07:09 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default maps

i did want you said with the map updater and reinstalled the interface and map mod and still have problems

this is the problem i'm haveing zones with to map files such as commanlands i had map open and crossed from south portion to the north portion and was fine then i closed it and opened it a bit later still in the northern section but the map was showing the southern section also happened to me in feerot have also had not sure how to discribe it where was just the outline of the map show up no icons or terain just black and white.
Unread 08-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
i did want you said with the map updater and reinstalled the interface and map mod and still have problems

this is the problem i'm haveing zones with to map files such as commanlands i had map open and crossed from south portion to the north portion and was fine then i closed it and opened it a bit later still in the northern section but the map was showing the southern section also happened to me in feerot have also had not sure how to discribe it where was just the outline of the map show up no icons or terain just black and white.
No clue, I didn't make this mod and really havn't even looked to see how it worked. I just changed the colors of it. You need to head to the fetish section for trouble with the map.
Unread 08-02-2005, 02:39 AM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Steamfont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
1. I have looked into this and I do not know why it will not open the window settings. It pops up the menu to but the window don't open. Use the new UI_settings file its not locked in that one.
I looked into this as well and redid all the examine windows trying to track down the problem with the item examine window. The problem is on SOE's side. How do I know? Same problem is in every custom ui as far as I can tell, even the default. The window settings don't work on the item examine window. All I can say for now is use the new ini until SOE fixes their code. An alternative to using the ui_settings file if you just absolutely dont want to use it you can go into options then user interface then under game windows click unlock all windows. NOTE: Doing so will make all windows moveable so any that you do not want to be moved right click window settings and check the Locked checkbox and click ok.

Last edited by heidrickla : 08-02-2005 at 02:58 AM.
Unread 08-02-2005, 06:18 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Toxxulia

I am seeming to have a HUGE problem with the UI. The maps is always being dorky. I will be in Antonica, but the graphics on the map will look like Im in freeport, all the dots are correct though, Also sometimes it won't "update correctly, for example I will be near oracle station, my the little triangle thing that shows you where you are will be all the way in blackburrow. It was kind of funny at first, but now its getting on my nerves hehe. I also had the problem with quest rewards, I sent in a bug report, and a CS ticket. Wasnt cool since one of the items i WAS in fact able to use. After a few minutes of gripeing about it, I forgot about it, after travelling some distance from the guy who gave me the reward I automatically recieved the first one on the list. If this is SoE's fault I hope they fix it soon.. who know what rewards I am missing out on lol.
Unread 08-02-2005, 08:05 AM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslover
I am seeming to have a HUGE problem with the UI. The maps is always being dorky. I will be in Antonica, but the graphics on the map will look like Im in freeport, all the dots are correct though, Also sometimes it won't "update correctly, for example I will be near oracle station, my the little triangle thing that shows you where you are will be all the way in blackburrow. It was kind of funny at first, but now its getting on my nerves hehe. I also had the problem with quest rewards, I sent in a bug report, and a CS ticket. Wasnt cool since one of the items i WAS in fact able to use. After a few minutes of gripeing about it, I forgot about it, after travelling some distance from the guy who gave me the reward I automatically recieved the first one on the list. If this is SoE's fault I hope they fix it soon.. who know what rewards I am missing out on lol.
After running patcher for eq2maps download the latest version of extreme ui copy the eq2_mainhud_map.xml from the zip file to the extreme directory. This should fix your dorky map. Also there are drop downs on the bottom if it looks like you are in wrong spot on map you can change your location. IE it's saying your in freeport but your are in qeynos. As for your quest you explained alot of unnecessary info but left out most of the relative facts. What exactly was the problem? I'm just taking a wild guess but perhaps the quest reward window did not open up for you?

Unread 08-02-2005, 08:11 AM
An Undead Settler

Quote:

The problem you are having is caused by overwriting the eq2_mainhud_map.xml during the patch process of eq2maps. AFTER you run the eq2map updater overwrite the eq2_mainhud_map.xml with the one in the eXtreme zip file you downloaded from this website.

Unread 08-02-2005, 08:45 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb

This happened for me too last night. Luckily, the item I wanted was at the top of the list.
Unread 08-02-2005, 09:08 AM
An Undead Settler

Ok so anyone having any problems that we havent already addressed? Please be very specific in your description. The more descriptive it is the less time we have to spend trying to track down or reproduce the problem. Also please include the version number you are using. Oh and remember not every single change we make goes to update notes so make sure you have the latest version. Most likely your problem has already been fixed or expained what was going wrong.

Unread 08-02-2005, 10:04 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidrickla
The problem you are having is caused by overwriting the eq2_mainhud_map.xml during the patch process of eq2maps. AFTER you run the eq2map updater overwrite the eq2_mainhud_map.xml with the one in the eXtreme zip file you downloaded from this website.
There is a checkbox in the EQ2 Map updater program where it will ask you whether you want to overwrite the eq2_mainhud_map.xml or not. Choose no, and you wont have this problem anymore (After you do as Heidrickla stated above).
Unread 08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
There is a checkbox in the EQ2 Map updater program where it will ask you whether you want to overwrite the eq2_mainhud_map.xml or not. Choose no, and you wont have this problem anymore (After you do as Heidrickla stated above).
Just so we dont see spam about people not having this option available in eq2map patcher. This feature was not available in .97 if you are missing an options button on patcher then download the latest version of eq2maps Here

Unread 08-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

bah, If i can ever find a good delphi control that suports UTF-8, I'll just build a eq2map updater into the control pannel.

The one I was using saves in ansi and well thats ok as long as you don't try to save it agian in the uibuilder. Then you have trouble.. Im still searching lol..
Unread 08-02-2005, 01:42 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Toxxulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidrickla
After running patcher for eq2maps download the latest version of extreme ui copy the eq2_mainhud_map.xml from the zip file to the extreme directory. This should fix your dorky map. Also there are drop downs on the bottom if it looks like you are in wrong spot on map you can change your location. IE it's saying your in freeport but your are in qeynos. As for your quest you explained alot of unnecessary info but left out most of the relative facts. What exactly was the problem? I'm just taking a wild guess but perhaps the quest reward window did not open up for you?
The reason I supplied a bunch of unimportant information is because this problem was already addressed and it was said that the problem was not the UI but on SoEs part. about the map things...wheres the patcher... and how do i run it lol.

Last edited by omegaslover : 08-02-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Unread 08-02-2005, 04:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Heidrika and Landiin, the bug with the rewards window is basically that it doesn't have a scroll bar - it seems to be a fixed size. If your quest reward gives you 1 item, you can see 1 item and the accept button. any more than about 4, the accept button gets "pushed" off the bottom of the window and doesn't display, nor does it have any scroll bar, so you can't press it (but you can press enter) and any more than the 4 rewards it displays doesn't show (so you can't select them either). this has been happening since about 1.12.3 I think. I'll see if i can get a screenie during my travels.

Other than that, the UI works pretty sweet. keep up the good work.
Unread 08-02-2005, 04:59 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslover
about the map things...wheres the patcher... and how do i run it lol.
Answered and link provided on post 364 in this thread. Just download and run the supplied setup. Then run eq2map patcher and do not overwrite eq2_mainhud_map.xml

Unread 08-02-2005, 08:55 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Bags and Pet

I installed Extreme UI and loved it except for one thing, I couldn't target my pet using his little box, I had to spin around and click him. For some that seem like a small issue but for me its huge, especially in big fights. Is there something I can do so I can click on the little pet window and target him?

2nd question. I went back to the default UI and everything is fine except my bags are cut in half, I can't see 2 of the right columns and that is where my food/water is. I tried DL'n some bag mobs but that was no luck.

Now I have a choice, play with the Extreme UI with no pet target (Or I just couldn't figure out how) or play with the default with the right half of all my bags missing...PLS help

I love the Extreme UI, awesome job on it....except for the pet window (Box)
Unread 08-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimon
I installed Extreme UI and loved it except for one thing, I couldn't target my pet using his little box, I had to spin around and click him. For some that seem like a small issue but for me its huge, especially in big fights. Is there something I can do so I can click on the little pet window and target him?

2nd question. I went back to the default UI and everything is fine except my bags are cut in half, I can't see 2 of the right columns and that is where my food/water is. I tried DL'n some bag mobs but that was no luck.

Now I have a choice, play with the Extreme UI with no pet target (Or I just couldn't figure out how) or play with the default with the right half of all my bags missing...PLS help

I love the Extreme UI, awesome job on it....except for the pet window (Box)
Ack sorry about that, pet window is fixed, will be in next update..
Unread 08-03-2005, 04:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Should first thank authors design such one attractive and awesome UI.

What I used was the latest version (1.12.5). There are some problems here (or comments).

I am a templar. The job that I do most frequently is to look after members' HP in the group, and proper buff/debuff. The design layout of the UI can let me take the information into consideration quickly at present, and use the correct skill listed on the hotbars. However, it is above the location to heroic window, this makes my eyes often shift the sight to upper and lower screens, this problem lets me feel the suitable inconvenience.

In addition, when I introduce this UI to one of my friends (who is a conjurer). He complains to me that there is too less hotbars in the layout, generally he will utilize to 5 to 6 hotbars.

Can the above two problems are there better solutions during next version layout? Or even can consider the cast type and melee type two kinds of different layouts?
Unread 08-03-2005, 08:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Just a statement to the above poster you can make ANY number of hotbars by simply right clicking and adding anotehr hotbar I have FIVE myself.

My question to the author is are you in the process of fixing the chopping off of the 0. whatever % on the xp bar? Also it seems that my tradeskill vitality is actually displaying my adventure vitality as they are always hte same when I know that they are not. Is there a simple code fix that I could change to get it to display my artisan vitality?

Also a friend of mine is running this UI and he got a quest reward and he could not change the quest reward box to get to the accept window so right now hes running around with it invisible until I can actually choose to accept his quest reward. Hopefully it doesnt time out or get replace with a second quest reward window.

Also is it possible to replace the buff bar that shows how many buffs I'm supporting? It seems to stop at about 10 and I cant tell when all of my damage shields, etc on all the people in my parties buffs are going to expire. I click on it and can't seem to redefine the borders to make more show.

BTW This UI is awesome and I love it....just hoping for a couple fixes to the above. Thanks for all your hard work on this thing. I know I couldn't do all the lines of code, etc. if my life depended on it.
Unread 08-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefish
Should first thank authors design such one attractive and awesome UI.

What I used was the latest version (1.12.5). There are some problems here (or comments).

I am a templar. The job that I do most frequently is to look after members' HP in the group, and proper buff/debuff. The design layout of the UI can let me take the information into consideration quickly at present, and use the correct skill listed on the hotbars. However, it is above the location to heroic window, this makes my eyes often shift the sight to upper and lower screens, this problem lets me feel the suitable inconvenience.

In addition, when I introduce this UI to one of my friends (who is a conjurer). He complains to me that there is too less hotbars in the layout, generally he will utilize to 5 to 6 hotbars.

Can the above two problems are there better solutions during next version layout? Or even can consider the cast type and melee type two kinds of different layouts?
1. Yes I feel your pain. I just havn't came up with a more cleaver place to put 'YET'. You can download one and stick it in the main ui folder and it should work untill I become more creative lol.

2. The default eq2ui_settings.ini comes with 7 hotbars displayed.. So I don't know.

3. The HO window I'll get around to, it'll hit me like a frying pan one day. As far as the hot bars go. Isn't 7 enuff? If you want more you'll just have to find a place to stick then becuase the layout really doesn't allow for it, unless ur running at 1900 x XXXX like some one we all know..
Unread 08-03-2005, 09:02 AM
A Brown Bear

Lol disregard my previous post as I didn't realize you'd already upgraded and fixed the problems.

Sorry about that and thanks again.
Unread 08-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyoten
Just a statement to the above poster you can make ANY number of hotbars by simply right clicking and adding anotehr hotbar I have FIVE myself.

My question to the author is are you in the process of fixing the chopping off of the 0. whatever % on the xp bar? Also it seems that my tradeskill vitality is actually displaying my adventure vitality as they are always hte same when I know that they are not. Is there a simple code fix that I could change to get it to display my artisan vitality?

Also a friend of mine is running this UI and he got a quest reward and he could not change the quest reward box to get to the accept window so right now hes running around with it invisible until I can actually choose to accept his quest reward. Hopefully it doesnt time out or get replace with a second quest reward window.

Also is it possible to replace the buff bar that shows how many buffs I'm supporting? It seems to stop at about 10 and I cant tell when all of my damage shields, etc on all the people in my parties buffs are going to expire. I click on it and can't seem to redefine the borders to make more show.

BTW This UI is awesome and I love it....just hoping for a couple fixes to the above. Thanks for all your hard work on this thing. I know I couldn't do all the lines of code, etc. if my life depended on it.

1. Yes this will be fixed again in teh next update. If the ts Vit wasn't fixed in 1.12.5 its fixed now and will be in the next update

2. Working on this.

3. You will notice a button on the left side of the effects bar that has a + in it. Press that and POW its 2x taller to show all 30 buffs. If you are talking about the maint window after the 13 buff is visible it will resize and relocate them all to show all 30.