EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-11-2005, 07:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Gotta have my OCD!

I just wanted to share how much I love OCD. I have severe ADHD, and the clutter drives me frothing mad! I used to use Vert in EQ1, where I could get everything all nice and lined up. Even then, it was distracting. First thing I do when there is a major update is come to EQ2Interface to see if you (Jaxel) have an update. If not, I use default until you do. Thanks to you, I kill the mobs instead of my screen!

I also liek being able to remove the frame from the largert targetting window. It's large enough I can see it easily, and pretty streamlined without the frame. Thank you for always leaving options open!
Unread 10-12-2005, 10:55 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Bug Report

I have to say that this is one of the best UIs out there IMHO.
I have found one window that isnt working at the moment tho the guild bank window is just black. I see the bank slots but I do not see anything else no tabs nothing.

I thank you for this mod and hope for a fix soon.
Unread 10-15-2005, 02:35 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

There is a new version of the start button up.
Unread 10-16-2005, 06:52 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Everfrost

love the ui (most of it), one thing i would like to see, is the player, target, and implied target window more resemble the exp, casting, breath, and group windows. (then maybe a raid window to match? lol)

other than just a couple files, i love it, and keep up the great work!
Unread 10-17-2005, 09:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Custom option changed

Hey,

I still have that problem that allways log in my options are changed, in fact the music and combat and what more important the shaders are allways changed,
think have something to do with you startbutton, since these are the options that can be chnaged there.
That drives me really crazy to rechange them allways and on every char cant it be saved like i set my option?
or could you just link the old startbutton that was there for LU 13 plz?
Really hate it like it is now
Unread 10-17-2005, 08:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thanks for new start up!

Thank you! I added that today. I am using a palyer window mod that adds the effects on me, though it is a little to small (I find yours a little large) and a group window that allows me to auto assist, however these are personal preferences. Over all, I really prefer your windows. I just have trouble telling what effects are on me with all those icons!

Thanks again, great job!
Unread 10-20-2005, 02:20 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Issue

I am having problems with my ui, if i go into in game settings, it wont show anything as options, i have the places memorized but.. say i wanted to adjust gamma/brightness, Its just a random click id have to do to get it to show up, not much of a problem, im sure itll get fixed soon... But another issue im having now, is the fact it wont go past "loading ui resources" .... So, i cant load in anywhere, bothering, yes. Any ideas?

(Issue confronted after LU 15)
Unread 10-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Najena

With the "Loading UI" thing I have had luck logging out and back in. Sometimes the mere attempt to log out will kick me back into game.
I am also having the issues of not being able to make any adjustments to my options since all the screen are blank without any choices. Now if I switch to default I can make changes but then I have then switch back to OCD. This then of course messes up several of my boxes which then need to be fixed again. Please help so I don't have to listen to the EQ music!

six-boxer extraordinaire on the Najena server
Unread 10-20-2005, 05:56 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemajMagi
I am having problems with my ui, if i go into in game settings, it wont show anything as options, i have the places memorized but.. say i wanted to adjust gamma/brightness, Its just a random click id have to do to get it to show up, not much of a problem, im sure itll get fixed soon... But another issue im having now, is the fact it wont go past "loading ui resources" .... So, i cant load in anywhere, bothering, yes. Any ideas?

(Issue confronted after LU 15)

Loading UI Resources hang first appeared when DoF went LIVE. It was fixed, BUT it seems to have reappeared since LU15. I have /bug reported it and suggest everyone do this. SOE CS told me only way to get htis fixed is through in game bug report. Both live chat and voice support told me this.

Why, though, is this error once again showing up. BTW, it occurs no matter what UI default or not you are using. Even if you delete al lthe .ini files and start over, it still does this.

See this CURRENT THREAD: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...=39504#M114203
Unread 10-20-2005, 08:11 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default LU15 update - Community window

The only issues I've seen after LU15 is the community search window does not function properly.

1. Searching for a name does not filter by the typed name. Defaults to returning all players

2. other pulldown menus ( Class, Race, etc... ) do not allow you to click them and make a choice.

//null
befallen
Unread 10-21-2005, 11:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Btw I love this UI I have...Though I do have a few current problems and have gone back to my old 1 for the time being.

1 In the setting menue half of the info is missing I.E. I cannot go to full screen as the area is not there to access
2 For some reason I always need to go bect to music settings to get rid of the eq music the settings never stay, Though I cant access them now anyways cus the option is not there.
Any Ideas to try to fix this as I would like to go back to OCD?
Unread 10-21-2005, 05:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Unfortunately, I am having the same problems as a couple of people listed above:

1) In the options window, anything that would normally have a "+" sign next to it (i.e. the categories under each option screen) is invisible...it is not gone, you just can't see it. Mousing over where the "+" sign would normally be for "Performance," for example, will show the correct tooltip and clicking will display the correct options.

2) Music...that damn music. It's killing me. I turn it off every time I log in...and every time I relog, it comes back. Please, make the music stop!!

Even with these problems, OCD is still the best UI out there, by far. You have created a true work of art, Jaxel, and we thank you.
Unread 10-21-2005, 08:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gethsemane
Unfortunately, I am having the same problems as a couple of people listed above:

1) In the options window, anything that would normally have a "+" sign next to it (i.e. the categories under each option screen) is invisible...it is not gone, you just can't see it. Mousing over where the "+" sign would normally be for "Performance," for example, will show the correct tooltip and clicking will display the correct options.

2) Music...that damn music. It's killing me. I turn it off every time I log in...and every time I relog, it comes back. Please, make the music stop!!

Even with these problems, OCD is still the best UI out there, by far. You have created a true work of art, Jaxel, and we thank you.

Same problems for me, music doesn't save, the windows were "updated" with the patch (doesn't show your default anymore) and options are invisible until clicked (although hard to click when they're invisible!).
Unread 10-21-2005, 08:32 PM
A Dragoon Sith

I hate it when people make complaints about issues that have been stated before and addressed already...

The music and complex shader settings have NEVER been saved from session to session. If you want to change the default settings, you must edit the files in the /video folder of the UI.

Options menu should be fixed on recent patch.

New Community window is also in, as well as a restoration of the old maintained, effects and active journal windows.

This UI makes it easy if you get the SOE bug stick at Loading UI. You can camp to character select using the startbutton if you ever get stuck.
Unread 10-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Najena

How would you go about saving the settings in the video folder J?
Thank you again for all your hard work. I imagine it would be annoying to keep seeing the same complaints that you are unable to fix.

six-boxer extraordinaire on the Najena server

Last edited by Lethiana : 10-21-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Unread 10-22-2005, 05:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

bah not need to get rude
sorry that english is not my main language i really have no clue what to do in that video folders sorry that im so stupid ( yes i readed your readme files but dont understand it all)
and i never had that problem with the changed shaders and music chnages after you moded the startbutton after LU14 ok
so i dont needed i need to chnaged there anything but hey dont mind will no longer bother you
jesus boys allways the same ......
Unread 10-22-2005, 05:27 AM
A Brown Bear

Default eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml

Hello Jaxel,

I had originally posted back on page 14 of the OCD Complete support forum how after LU14 the startbutton mod (eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml) no longer worked, and that doing "Alt ~" didn't bring it back.

The only solution I could find was to replace the file with the one from the LU13 version of OCD Complete, as that was when it worked last.

After downloading 14.1 version and doing a "clean" install of the LU15 version of OCD complete and having it still not work, I got a little frustrated.

I realized somewhere there might be a problem in the code of the between the new version of the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml and the old one.

So, I opened it up both versions in that handy little Beyond Compare program and found a couple things different on the very first line.
One thing looked like the problem:

Line one of the new xml reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Alwaysontop="true" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="770,114" MaximumSize="200,50" Name="StartButton" OnHide="visible=true" OnShow="hide_window=(MainHUD.Inventory)" PackLocation="left,bottom" PackLocationProp="0770/0001,-654/0001" ScrollExtent="200,50" Size="200,50" UserMovable="true">

If I change it to read:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Alwaysontop="true" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="770,114" MaximumSize="200,50" Name="StartButton" OnHide="visible=true" OnShow="hide_window MainHUD.Inventory" PackLocation="left,bottom" PackLocationProp="0770/0001,-654/0001" ScrollExtent="200,50" Size="200,50" UserMovable="true">

The Startbutton window loads fine.

I did find while "Alt ~" didn't work, if I type "hide_window MainHUD.Startbutton" it brings the window up, but it also brings up another little EQ2 button and I have to do it everytime I log in. Changing that 1st line however makes it so I don't have to do that, It's there when I log in evertime now and on every character.

One thing I have noticed, and haven't attempted to fix yet, are the buttons for the different video quality settings and the custom preset don't show a graphic, they are just white, as shown in my pic below:

Keep up the good work, I really do love the UI.

EDIT:
I found the problem with the images.
Changing the corresponding lines from Source="images/jaxel_widgets.dds" to Source="images/widgets.dds"
fixed the problem.

Here is the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml file from the LU15 version of OCD Complete as I have modified it. You can, if you wish, run a comparison and see the changes I have made to it, and anyone else who is having the same problems can feel free to download it to fix those problems.

Last edited by Duir : 10-22-2005 at 06:35 AM.
Unread 10-22-2005, 09:51 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Duir, images/widgets.dds was deleted from the default UI last patch, which is why I have manually included in the XML... HOWEVER, i forgot to include the new image file in the recent upload! Thanks for reminding me, uploading it now. If default/images/widgets.dds is still there for you, then you must have not been playing EQ2 for the past month as the patcher should have automatically deleted this file from your default dir.

As for the hide_window=(MainHUD.Inventory) thing, thanks for testing it out, I will look into it and make sure it all works out. Another thing, the reason you are getting the extra buttons are because the /hide_window and /show_window commands are CASE SENSITIVE. If you do not do MainHUD.Inventory exactly and do mainHUD.Inventory or MainHUD.inventory, you will get multiple windows.

But I dont understand how putting in "hide_window MainHUD.Inventory" would work at all instead of "hide_window=(MainHUD.Inventory)". When you put in "hide_window MainHUD.Inventory", you are actually running two commands. It will first run "MainHUD.Inventory" and then run "hide_window", having them completely unrelated to each other. Theorhetically, your way shouldn't work and I am assuming this is a single case scenario as ALT~ works for everyone else (except people who have a European keyboard, they have a different command to which I dont know what it is)

Last edited by Jaxel : 10-22-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Unread 10-22-2005, 10:59 AM
A Brown Bear

Default quest journal

i love your Ui, do you plan on updating the quest journal part? with LU 14 and 15 the quest journal dont work.
it comes up blank.everything else is wonderfull and works great.
Unread 10-23-2005, 06:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

You have most probably answered this question so apologies if you have to repeat. I use a few of your interface pieces, and they are absolutly brilliant.

1) I use your Quest Journal as its brilliant, is there going to be a patch to include the new L&L, HQ, and access quests?

2) I use you start button, (without the mana stone mod) and was wondering if there was a patch to include T6 harvesting info, or could you let me know how to include it. (all T6 is marked as ???)

again your UI is brill, even thou i only use bits of it.
Unread 10-31-2005, 12:31 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Mistmoore

This kinda made me giggle, then I thought, maybe OCD is catching...

Opening thread of Jaxel's UI
Quote:
As some of you know, I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. What that means, is that I am overly obsessive about things looking correctly, as well as perfect width between multiple sides and such like that. So generally, instead of downloading other people's mobs, I look at what they have done, and decide to do them in my own way.
mob=mod..... still love ya tho

Thanks for your hard work Jaxel. Keep it up hun!

Denuve
Unread 10-31-2005, 11:22 PM
A Coastal Crab

I think I'm missing something. I'm trying to use the entire UI and it isn't showing up correctly for me. I've deleted my Server_Name_EQ2_UISettings.ini file before logging on and everything is showing up disorganized. Nothing like the screenshots.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sarcoth : 10-31-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Unread 11-04-2005, 12:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

Unhappy New change for LU16...

Oh no, I am pretty uphappy atm With LU16, which went into testing yesterday (11/03/05) and will be released next week, will you be working on a revised mod? I currently use your StartButton mod with the manastone timer, and I am just not sure that I will be able to live without out! But since they are moving the slots around in the inventory window, I assume that it will break your hard work

If there is someway you can just redirect all your current buttons to the new locations, I would be very happy

Again, I love your work, and thank you so much for this mod, it is the best thing in the game!
Unread 11-04-2005, 08:33 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Raid Window

I just installed yesterday. I love this ui. Thanks for making it. I am having trouble bringing up the raid window and text commands and keyboard commands do not work. Any suggestions? Nevermind, alt not working.
Unread 11-05-2005, 03:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have a problem, I'm doing the eq2.ini file setting it correctly, but I can't seem to get the custom UI, I keep getting the new EQ2 UI.
How can I successfully intall this UI?