Unread 08-31-2005, 11:08 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig
Regarding the Persona window, just to confirm all works well
Excellent Draig thank you,
Have you seen any further info regarding the "missing text" issue?
All I see are post reporting the issue currently but no Sony acknowledgement as of yet.

This is really gonna bite if they don't fix before Go Live
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 08-31-2005, 02:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Target Window

Hi there. I have just loaded your UI and it is awesome. I have looked through these posts but have not found the issue that I am seeing. I may have missed it with the 15 pages of posts.

My issue is with the target window. I am running in 1280 x 1024 and the name of the mob is directly over the mobs health as I am fighting it. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is that how it was designed? Can the name of the mob be moved higher so that I can see his health better?

Last edited by Shileah : 08-31-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Unread 08-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shileah
Hi there. I have just loaded your UI and it is awesome. I have looked through these posts but have not found the issue that I am seeing. I may have missed it with the 15 pages of posts.

My issue is with the target window. I am running in 1280 x 1024 and the name of the mob is directly over the mobs health as I am fighting it. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is that how it was designed? Can the name of the mob be moved higher so that I can see his health better?
Thank you very much for your prior research and I understand the posts are growing. But the search feature makes up for it I guess.

As for the target window, It is indeed designed that way.
There are changes to the targeting system that will be live on the 12th that "should" make it fit a bit better. (I've designed the current target window off of the modified window within beta in order to make that transition as smooth as possible)
Also, with Sony doing so many last minute changes to beta I'm hesitant to change anything at this time.
Once Go Live reaches us I will re-evaluate all windows and see if adjusting is required addressing the larger issues at that time of course.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 08-31-2005, 03:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for your quick reply. I look forward to the changes on the twelfth. Well, I will have to see them when i get back from vaca.
Unread 09-01-2005, 03:36 AM
A Berserk Golem

Im pretty sure I was ok with text on Thor UI v4.8.5 on Beta, not 100% sure would have to double check, trying to level more on live for release.
Unread 09-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Im pretty sure I was ok with text on Thor UI v4.8.5 on Beta, not 100% sure would have to double check, trying to level more on live for release.
hehe understood.
Yeah Sony "changed something" in beta that disrupted fonts a couple weeks back.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-01-2005, 10:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Alt M

A Big thanks Faetyl for letting me know about alt M.. For some reason the maintained window likes to hide when i log in but its there all i have to do is hit Alt m.. Thanks again for your help and for such a great Ui.
Unread 09-01-2005, 05:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just wanted to praise you for the great work. I'm using your UI for the first time after trying some of the others. Your set is extremely efficient, newbie friendly (for guys like me) and just plain awesome.
Unread 09-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemster
A Big thanks Faetyl for letting me know about alt M.. For some reason the maintained window likes to hide when i log in but its there all i have to do is hit Alt m.. Thanks again for your help and for such a great Ui.
Sounds like a bugged Window Placements file.
I just redid it to try and get around this but looks like it's buggy as well.
I'll download the confirmed "good" version of it here and setup again.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by damooster
Just wanted to praise you for the great work. I'm using your UI for the first time after trying some of the others. Your set is extremely efficient, newbie friendly (for guys like me) and just plain awesome.
Thank you VERY much for the positive feedback!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-02-2005, 09:46 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Harvest button

Hey Thor I love your UI but can you please add a harvest button to it thanks and keep up the nice Work
Unread 09-02-2005, 05:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Just a quick question

Don't know if anyone asked this before but... Where do you change your titles?? =)
Unread 09-02-2005, 08:59 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hi Xanderr check Lazaru5 post #340 in this thread, It explains how to do

Hope that helps Lady1
Unread 09-03-2005, 05:08 AM
A Berserk Golem

Faetyl, know your kind of busy on LU13 and DOF stuff any chance in the future for a stats bar ( Fetish style , ie press P ) and a Profit clicky for manastione, rings etc. Kudos to those guys for coming up with them
Unread 09-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Faetyl, know your kind of busy on LU13 and DOF stuff any chance in the future for a stats bar ( Fetish style , ie press P ) and a Profit clicky for manastione, rings etc. Kudos to those guys for coming up with them
Yes, very good chance
I plan to start many more enhancements very soon.

Main things keeping me from doing so currently are DoF updates and ensuring I can get updates to everyone quickly. (This is a good time to note Sony has changed a lot within Beta recently and as with EQ2 beta they may go right back to a previous version. With that said it's hard to judge what is going to happen. But as always I will work my tail off to ensure updates are performed quickly.)

Another Item is... are you ready... ThorUI AutoUpdater version!
Yes, thanks to the excellent programming skills and dedication of time, Mr Nice has an AutoUpdater in the works for us.
He tells me that beta should be available this Monday, that's right 2005-09-05.
So if you're willing to assist us in testing beta, please contact him ASAP!
More info and little commercial to follow

Tired of manually checking for updates?
Want to help everyone that uses the ThorUI and future users?
ThorUI AutoUpdater Beta is coming soon!
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/...read.php?t=4068
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-03-2005, 02:18 PM
A Coastal Crab

Question group window problems

hey, great UI!!!

The only problem I am having is that i cannot change the group window to be vertically aligned instead of horizontal. It does not give me any sizing arrows when i go to the edges.

thanks for the help

Keneo
Unread 09-03-2005, 02:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashie
hey, great UI!!!

The only problem I am having is that i cannot change the group window to be vertically aligned instead of horizontal. It does not give me any sizing arrows when i go to the edges.

thanks for the help

Keneo

Have you unlocked the window placement (i.e. right-click in window>>Window Settings>>Unlock Window)?

I also know there are various types of group windows that you can choose from in the installer. Two, of which (if memory serves correctly), are vertical windows (top-to-bottom fill and vice versa).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 09-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashie
hey, great UI!!!

thanks for the help

Keneo
The vertical group member option is actually a completely different package/option during install.
You will want to run the ThorUI installer and choose the groupmember window package that you want while ensuring that you deselect/uncheck any other options. for example uncheck horizontal and check the vertical package.

I appologize for the long list in the installer but we all like options

Let me know if I need to explain better/more.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-03-2005, 06:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey, just downloaded your custom UI here (new player), and so far it looks just awesome. Fantastic job, sir.

However, I'm having a problem that I can't seem to squash reading all the help/suggestions in the OP - when I install ThorUI then load the game, the UI windows in-game (instead of being at the locations in your screenshots) are just all over the place, scattered all over the screen. I tried unlocking all the windows (I thought maybe it tried to move some but couldn't since some were locked) then un-installed and re-installed ThorUI, but it didn't change the window placements. I double-checked again to make sure that the window placements option for my resolution (1024 x 768) was checked during the install process.

Any help would be appreciated, as the layout in the screenshots (on the download page there) looks quite nice.
Unread 09-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakunin
Hey, just downloaded your custom UI here (new player), and so far it looks just awesome. Fantastic job, sir.

However, I'm having a problem that I can't seem to squash reading all the help/suggestions in the OP - when I install ThorUI then load the game, the UI windows in-game (instead of being at the locations in your screenshots) are just all over the place, scattered all over the screen. I tried unlocking all the windows (I thought maybe it tried to move some but couldn't since some were locked) then un-installed and re-installed ThorUI, but it didn't change the window placements. I double-checked again to make sure that the window placements option for my resolution (1024 x 768) was checked during the install process.

Any help would be appreciated, as the layout in the screenshots (on the download page there) looks quite nice.
I'm sorry, having it there as an item during install only means that it will copy my master file for you. You still need to manually make a copy of it then rename to your servername_charactername.
I'm not good enough at programing yet to make this automatic yet but hope to had this feature eventually. Until then, if you installed the UISwitcher you may use that application to copy my master file settings to your already existing character file.
More detailed info on using the UISwitcher may be found by following the link to that page. (Provided on the main post in this forum)

Hope this helps and I appologize for the confusion.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-03-2005, 10:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
I'm sorry, having it there as an item during install only means that it will copy my master file for you. You still need to manually make a copy of it then rename to your servername_charactername.
I'm not good enough at programing yet to make this automatic yet but hope to had this feature eventually. Until then, if you installed the UISwitcher you may use that application to copy my master file settings to your already existing character file.
More detailed info on using the UISwitcher may be found by following the link to that page. (Provided on the main post in this forum)

Hope this helps and I appologize for the confusion.
Ohh! No, that's fine, I just wasn't sure how it worked. That will be just fine, then.

I just need to copy the 1024 x 768 ThorUI setting > Char of Server setting with UI Switcher then, right? I'll give that a shot. Thanks again.
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great work on the UI. I am absolutely LOVING it. One problem though. My EQ2 button. When I press it I only get 2 options. Inventory and Persona. I am not sure if this is intentional or if something is wrong. I like the way you have hotkeys for different settings (High Performance-High Quality), but there are a few things I like to fine tune, and I'm not sure how to get to them. Is there another key command to bring up those other buttons or is my EQ2 button working as intended?
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinoska
Great work on the UI. I am absolutely LOVING it. One problem though. My EQ2 button. When I press it I only get 2 options. Inventory and Persona. I am not sure if this is intentional or if something is wrong. I like the way you have hotkeys for different settings (High Performance-High Quality), but there are a few things I like to fine tune, and I'm not sure how to get to them. Is there another key command to bring up those other buttons or is my EQ2 button working as intended?
Your EQ II button is not functioning properly.
The UI is only a mask or cover if you will to Sony's already existing commands.
I have not edited the actual function of the EQ2 button in any way.

Recommended Trouble Shooting steps would be:
Uninstall then delete the ThorUI folder.
Login and see if the issue still persists. (Hopefully not)
Logout and ReInstall the ThorUI.
Launch the EQ2Map Program.
Login and see if the issue still persists. (Hopefully not)

Let me know what the results are.
Also, a screenshot would be great.

Thanks,
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-05-2005, 10:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the prompt reply. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works now flawlessly. Really not sure what happened. Maybe a mishap with my .cfg file for my character.