EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default chat options

When I load the c&b, my first tab is ooc..and nothing is selected in it. Next I dont know if all the UIs do this, but I can't have guild chat on two different tabs. It might be other things too, I don't know.
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

sweet that will work ..thank you xarox
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

Hi there,
I'm new to using different UI's, and I have to say that this one is very good. Nice functionality while still keeping the feel of the game. Great work.

I am having some slight problems and I'm not sure if it is something I need to do.

1) With LU 22 they added the function where an unguilded character can use the guild window to search for guilds that are recruiting. However, I am unable to gett this window to come up. Is there something I need to do to enable this?

2) Also the panic button (great idea), strips the armour of my character, however, because my bags tend to be full a lot, I just get a message saying I can't do this. Is there a way to disable the removal of clothing?

3) This is more stylistic, but the experience number and Loading text reminds me more of a football scoreboard, and I wondered if there was a way to change this text so it was more like the rest of the UI.

Thank you in advance for any help. And also thank you for creating and maintaining an excellent UI.
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:42 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default quest helper and window resizing...

First off, I really love the UI.

I'm having a slight problem with the quest helper. Normally I run in 1600x1200. If I hit alt-enter or ctrl-esc to swap to other programs, or if something like the Windows Updater pleading with me to restart steals focus, the screen dimensions change (Completely variable - but the exact dimensions at testing 1444x1095.)

The quest helper both resizes and moves - this is probably working right? But when I go back into full screen mode, the quest helper is now off of my screen and sized the same dimensions as it was before. This causes me to unlock it, move it back, and lock it again every time.

None of the other game windows do this... Is there any particular reason this happens?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000036.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	4828  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000037.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	4829  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000038.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	4830  
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:39 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Somehow I messed up my compass window. It no longer shows the earth/game time and current zone. It still has the coords, is there a way for me to get the rest of the window back? Thanks
Unread 04-16-2006, 10:03 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excarn
1) With LU 22 they added the function where an unguilded character can use the guild window to search for guilds that are recruiting. However, I am unable to gett this window to come up. Is there something I need to do to enable this?
In your Profitdirectory, open the eq2ui_mainhud.xml in an editor and insert these two lines just above the </Page>

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_guildrecruitingdetails.xml</include>
Unread 04-16-2006, 10:28 AM
A Weald Wolf

I can't seem to find the pet window anywhere... what is the command again?

Otherwise this ui rocks my socks
Unread 04-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutanea
I can't seem to find the pet window anywhere... what is the command again?

Otherwise this ui rocks my socks
Alt-P

Ok, apparently I have to fill up the message with at least 10 characters in order to be able to post at all hehe. Should be enough now, though. Yeah - this should do the trick.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 04-16-2006, 02:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairbre
In your Profitdirectory, open the eq2ui_mainhud.xml in an editor and insert these two lines just above the </Page>

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_guildrecruitingdetails.xml</include>

That worked a treat , thank you ever so much.
Unread 04-17-2006, 04:21 AM
A Weald Wolf

Default Xp figures

Am i the only one having BIG xp numbers? I cant even see it all

And what is that about a panic button?

ohh and my quest book open all quest when i Open it, is there a solution for that?

---

Last edited by Wiking : 04-17-2006 at 06:01 AM.
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:00 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Default ProfitUI 2.3

Hi all, I'm back and I bring ProfitUI 2.3.

Quote:
((Known Issues))

Quote:
[2.2.2]
* Waypoint indicator icon does not show up on the map.
* "Find" button in Store to Market window has mixed results.
* Channels reset to main when switching characters. (EQ2 bug?)
Fixed the first, might have fixed the second (can't reproduce the problem), and the third one is indeed for SOE to fix.

Quote:
((Suggestions in Consideration))

Quote:
[2.2.2]
** More user-friendly (and customizable) hotbars.
As I said, from my point of view the hotbars are done.

Quote:
* Add buy quantity/buy stack option to Broker window.
* Add "My class/level" button on the market window.
Done.

Quote:
* Auto-Updater
* Bring back the LFG button?
I won't program an auto-updater, but if somebody want's to contribute one (incl. hosting space) I'll gladly support it. I might throw a lfg button on the persona bar in the future, in the meantime typing four letters (/lfg) won't kill you.

Quote:
* Compact/streamline the maintained spells window.
* Comptability to have maintained spells switched to left side of window.
Both done, but only to a minor degree for the "compacting" part. I'll probably not bother to make a smaller version of this, but if somebody else wants to do it go for it.

For the moment you'll find the download and a complete changelog in my post on the main forum thread. It'll take a while until the official download will be updated.

Last edited by gm9 : 04-17-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiking
Am i the only one having BIG xp numbers? I cant even see it all

And what is that about a panic button?

ohh and my quest book open all quest when i Open it, is there a solution for that?
Not sure what you mean with BIG xp numbers, maybe post a screenshot so we can better help.

The panic button is mostly redundant after LU22, before it was to avoid repair costs.

The open quests in the quest journal are SOE's doing. I could maybe workaround by reducing them automatically when the journal is shown, but then I would annoy those people who like it expanded, so I left it alone so far.
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:06 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nueen
Somehow I messed up my compass window. It no longer shows the earth/game time and current zone. It still has the coords, is there a way for me to get the rest of the window back? Thanks
Hit Alt-C to bring up the clock window.
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon360
When I load the c&b, my first tab is ooc..and nothing is selected in it. Next I dont know if all the UIs do this, but I can't have guild chat on two different tabs. It might be other things too, I don't know.
Hmm, I might have forgotten to check /ooc for ooc, I didn't yet check. Apart from the I didn't select any channels in there so you can put them in your own order.

For the guild chat edit eq2.ini and add the following line:
Code:
chat_allowduplicatechannels 1
This isn't included in the eq2.ini that comes with ProfitUI, which is probably why it stopped working for you (if it worked before).
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:14 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
I'm trying to get just the stat bar as a stand alone mod for my husband, so it shows up for him like normal with the default UI. So far I've managed to get the window and stat text to display like normal, but the window is not visible when I first log in, as it is with the whole Profit UI. I have to type /show_window mainHUD.Memorized to make it appear each login.

My question is, is there a seperate file or line of code that governs whether the stat bar is visible at login? If so what do I need to include or edit so that I wouldn't have to make a macro to open it every time?

Thanks,
Just put this code in the <page> section of any window (unless it already has OnShow code):
Code:
OnShow="show_window=Mainhud.Memorized show_window=Mainhud.Memorized"
In ProfitUI this is in the XP window.
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:17 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockem
I love this UI .. my brother on the other hand doesn't .. is there anyway i can get a file of just the eq2start button? ( i have seen others but like this one the most) i like the lockouttimer and vision stuff.
thx
Copy the file eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml from ProfitUI into your custom UI directory. Or, if you want to use it with the default UI, install ProfitUI and delete every file in the ProfitUI directory except for this one.
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:27 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarox
[Bug-report]

Think I just noticed a bug.

If you look in the upper left corner of the screenshot, it lists guild xp at 93.7%.

In the guild window itself, it lists it at 92.7%. I verified this by checking my wife's guild experience display. She runs on ThorUI. Her display also says 92.7%.

Xarox Soulfire (Europe-Splitpaw)
Thanks for the report. I'll have to check that.

It's surprising though, since there's no calculation done to the value at all, I just dump what SOE gives me.

Btw, I noticed that you have points "." behind the time displays that shouldn't be there. Strange...
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latent
I aologize if this has been asked before, but i looked and didn't see anything regarding the bottom bar.

Is there a way to permanantly turn off/disable the bottom bar? As it stands right now I have to manually shut it off, everytime I log in.

Thx.
Just set frame and titlebar to "none".
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:42 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashagain
2. Is it possible to provide an option for the group window’s clickable cure buttons? I’d love to see them beneath the group member’s names? I much prefer a taller vertical window to the wide window. I would even be happy to see that window sizeable, where the clicky buttons would size accordingly.
Somebody should be able to make that vertical option easily. It will be huge, though, so I won't be doing it. To make the window sizeable is likely too much of a pain.

Quote:
3. Can the target and implied target windows be made sizeable? Although very nice, I find that they take more space than I care to use. The target window acts like it will resize when you turn off the effect icons, but in actuality it does not. Further, the implied window does not have an option to turn off the effect icons. It would be great to have a toggle on both of these to both hide the effects and resize the entire windows.
You can resize it to hide the effect icons. You also have two options for the icon sizes. Making is resizable in horizontal direction is again too much of a pain, since text will have to wrap, everything else be pushed down, etc.

Quote:
5. Might the maintained spells window be resizable? Generally, it’s a great thing, but I keep my effects icons at size 24, and would like the maintained icons to be of equal size. (I have a thing for symmetry.)
You have a thing for resizing, that's all. Same respone as above, although somebody might make a 24px version.

Quote:
6. I’d love to see the Inventory window smaller and perhaps clicky buttons for use of an item or food for those of us who run in auto-consume off mode.
a mini inv window is already included.
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheebau
I've noticed that the Macro Edit buttons are not working - they just don't pop-up anything allowing me to create a new macro. Are others seeing the same problem?
no, I couldn't reproduce this.

Quote:
Suggestion: wondering if the complex shaders buttons should not be replaced by a slider?
I think there's an issue when you try to do this via a slider, but I can't see right now why there should be. Lol. I might have a look, I agree that it would make more sense to put in a slider.

Quote:
I would use Valdacil's compact market window - it is great indeed.http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4073
Thanks for the link, I liked the ideas there. I transported the functionality to our existing market window and fixed the issues that I found with Valdacil's window.

Quote:
I also like Valcadil's inventory window with stats - very convenient.http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=4066
No to that, since all the stats are visible in ProfitUI in the stats bars anyway.
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilinu
A bug in your eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml prevents the socials window from functioning when opened via the ToggleSocials button in that window.

To correct this, on line 5 change both instances of mainhud.socials to mainhud.Socials

Basically, you forgot that window names are case sensitive.
Interesting. Window names definitely are not case sensitive on my system. Important to know that they are for other people, I'll have to consider that in the future. However, to be properly case sensistive, you would have to write MainHUD.Socials. Again interesting that the first part apperently doesn't matter on your system.

---

On this point of random rambling I'll finish spamming the forum, I just thought I'd catch up on some posts since I was away for a while.

Last edited by gm9 : 04-17-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Unread 04-17-2006, 03:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xarox
[Bug-report]

Think I just noticed a bug.

If you look in the upper left corner of the screenshot, it lists guild xp at 93.7%.

In the guild window itself, it lists it at 92.7%. I verified this by checking my wife's guild experience display. She runs on ThorUI. Her display also says 92.7%.

Xarox Soulfire (Europe-Splitpaw)
Thanks for the report. I'll have to check that.

It's surprising though, since there's no calculation done to the value at all, I just dump what SOE gives me.

Btw, I noticed that you have points "." behind the time displays that shouldn't be there. Strange...
Xarox, I can't reproduce this. Maybe it was just a glitch in the data delivered by SOE.
Unread 04-17-2006, 04:17 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

What can i say??..Thanks for that great work,
i've dl version 2.3 with some adds and some fixes and everything works perfectly.
Probably for me it was better to left the social window on chat ( for a simple use) but i like even this.
I would suggest this addon for mainteined spell that it works perfectly "Geniva's Profit Mainteined Slim"
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3969
It's more slim than default and it would be good if you add in new Profit ( with options left and right)^^

enjoy^^
Unread 04-17-2006, 06:35 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks aigor, I'll take a look at that.

Apart from that: I hadn't noticed that the target window didn't show target effects when using con version 1 (I'm using 0). I just uploaded a new v2.3 including a fix (or rather a workaround, since this seems to be SOE's bug). You can also dl the xml separately.
Unread 04-17-2006, 07:13 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Xarox, I can't reproduce this. Maybe it was just a glitch in the data delivered by SOE.
Yep, I checked again just now when you wrote this and it's back to normal. Showing the same xps in both places.

And, welcome back!

Xarox Soulfire (Europe-Farstar)
Closed Thread